Alyz Sabimar Henrich Ocando
October 19, 1990
|Residence||New York City,New York|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Title||Miss Falcón 2012|
Miss Venezuela Earth 2012
Miss Earth 2013
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Alyz Sabimar Henrich Ocando (born October 19, 1990) is a Venezuelan model, environmentalist, humanitarian advocate and beauty queen. She represented Falcón state at Miss Venezuela 2012 pageant where she was crowned Miss Venezuela Earth. On December 7, Henrich was crowned Miss Earth 2013 in the Philippines. She is the second Miss Earth winner from Venezuela next to Alexandra Braun and the first Miss Earth winner from Osmel Sousa owned Miss Venezuela. Alyz is the chairwoman of the Miss Earth Venezuela Organization.
Early life and career beginnings
Alyz Henrich was born in Punto Fijo, a Caribbean city located in western Venezuela. Her beginnings in the world of pageantry began when she participated in the carnival town You mark, in Falcon state and the "Melon Fair", held in the Paraguana Peninsula where it is native. Then only 16 years old, she moved to Italy to pursue her modeling career. After returning to Venezuela, she resided in the city of Maracaibo, where she was a professor gateway. Alyz has a degree in Social Communication from Universidad Rafael Belloso Chacín. Aside from her native language Spanish, she also speaks Italian and English.
Miss Venezuela 2012
Henrich Alyz Falcon represented the state in the Miss Venezuela 2012 where she competed with 23 other candidates from different parts of the country. Henrich scored the band Miss Earth Venezuela that gave her the permission to represent Venezuela in the Miss Earth 2013. Alyz is the first Miss Falcón native to reach the final round in Miss Venezuela and get a band of international representation. During the finals night, she won the Miss Integral award.
Miss Earth 2013
As part of her duties as Miss Earth Venezuela, Alyz represented Venezuela in Miss Earth 2013 whose final was held on December 7 at the Palace of Versailles in Manila, Philippines. Henrich competed with 88 other candidates from different countries and autonomous regions for the title of Miss Earth. At the end of the evening, Alyz was crowned as the new Miss Earth and the second time in history to win this title by a Venezuelan beauty.
According to the Miss Earth website, her environmental advocacy for Venezuela is to work and support the recollection of trash in the Los Roques archipelago to keep the waters of those islands clean. She said that she is already doing that at the age of twelve years.
Notably, Alyz' participation has been one of the most successful in the Miss Earth Venezuela, as Henrich was the recipient of numerous awards prior to the final night both from sponsors and the organization of the pageant. Aside from being the eventual winner of the pageant, she is also the first Miss Earth winner to grab the "Best Evening Gown" award.
Media and environmental activism
After winning, Henrich guested in a local show, Bandila, where she said that she came really prepared for the pageant. She also guested in a local cable news channel, ABS-CBN News Channel, together with her elemental queens where they were asked about the pageant and their respective advocacies.
Henrich was the special guest for the United Nations' Youth Conference for Environment and Biodiversity in Hurghada, Egypt on March 7 to 11. She delivered a speech during the Opening Ceremony of the conference. On March 7, Henrich was the moderator for the Global Village Festival with the kids at the Berlin University in El Gouna. She engaged in discussions with the delegates, sponsors and the international press on environment and culture, bio-marine and her experiences as Miss Earth. On March 10, Alyz lead a workshop for the kids on waste and waste recycling in Abo Monkar, which is a protected island in the Red Sea, together with Vodafone and HEPECA.
In June 2014, Henrich traveled to Mauritius for the finals of Miss Mauritius Earth 2014. Before the finals night, Henrich went for the press conference and participated in several environmental activities. She crowned Anne Sophie Lalanne, the new Miss Earth Mauritius. She was accompanied by Lolita Hoarau, Miss Earth Reunion 2014, and Virginie Dorza, Miss Earth Mauritius 2013. After her commitment in Mauritius, Henrich traveled to Reunion Island for some environmental activities.
Henrich was supposed to go to Thailand to crown the new Miss Earth Thailand as well as in Indonesia. But because of her health problem, she was not able to travel, and instead her runner up, Katia Wagner, traveled to Thailand and fulfilled the duties in her absence.
On July 2014, there was a news circulated that says about the petition for Henrich to be dethroned. Henrich clarified that she is still the Miss Earth and the reason why she was not able to visit some countries was because of her health. She also said that she just waited for the go signal for her travel as she still has many places to go.
Right after she regained her strength, on July 3, Henrich graced the event called "Moda por Sonrisas" or "Fashion for a Smile" in English. The said event was a fashion show that will benefit a foundation for children with cancer. The name of the foundation is Fundación Amigos del Niño con Cáncer Zulia. Henrich and the other models wore the latest collections from C&C Sleepwear, BequevéSwimwear, Fabiola Fontana, Dalila Gebrán Joyas, Guayabita and Erika Yelo on the said event.
On July 10, Henrich had an infomercial shoot for The Nature Conservancy. The video is all about the proper water usage and will be shown across Latin America on television and can be watched worldwide through The Nature Conservancy and Cisneros' websites and social media sites. The video was released on September 26.
In the last week of August, Henrich traveled to Colombia to participate in the crowning of Miss Earth Colombia 2014. She also participated in the numerous environmental activities in several places, together with the Miss Earth Colombia candidates, particularly in Armenia, Colombia where the national pageant took place. Henrich crowned Alejandra Villafañe as the Miss Earth Colombia winner for 2014.
Henrich once again traveled to Egypt to take part in the 10th year anniversary of Let's Take Care of the Planet - Egypt. There were other beauty queens who were invited such as her predecessor, Tereza Fajksová, her co-Venezuelan beauty queen, Stefania Fernandez of Miss Universe. Henrich and Fajksová participated in the Green Bike Marathon organized by the United Nation's Let's Take Care of our Planet together with the Arab Academy for Science and Technology. This activity supports Egypt's Ecotourism as part of the 10th anniversary celebration of LTCP's Conference in Sharm El Sheikh. Henrich was one of the judges in the Miss Egypt 2014 Coronation held last September 26 at the Maritim Jolie Ville Sharm El Sheikh International Congress Center. Henrich crowned the new Miss Earth Egypt Nancy Magdy at the end of the show. Also invited in the event were Tereza Fajksova and Carousel Productions' Vice President Peachy Veneracion among others.
During her entire reign, aside from Venezuela and Philippines, Henrich traveled to Egypt, United States, Mauritius, Reunion Island, France and Colombia. She visited Egypt twice and she was joined by her predecessor, Tereza Fajksová, during her second visit. However, aside from her cancelled trips to Thailand and Indonesia, Alyz was expected to visit Equatorial Guinea, Mongolia and reportedly, to Puerto Rico and Belgium during her reign to grace the coronation events but did not materialize.
In August 1, 2016, she was one of the judges in the final Miss Earth United States 2016 pageant in the Schlesinger Concert Hall, Washington, D.C.
- Blanco, Eunice (2013). "Alyz Henrich of Venezuela is Miss Earth 2013". Philippine Star. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "Venezuela's Alyz Henrich wins Miss Earth 2013". MSN. 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Sinha, Sanskrity (2013). "Miss Earth 2013: Miss Venezuela Alyz Henrich Crowned Winner [PHOTOS]". International Business Times. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- "Venezuela's Alyz Henrich Wins Miss Earth 2013 Title". The New Indian Express. IANS. 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "Miss Venezuela, Alyz Henrich, wins Miss Earth 2013". Deccan Chronicle. 2013. Archived from the original on 10 December 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Hernández, Ana María (2013). "¡Alyz Henrich, Miss Tierra 2013! (in Spanish)". El Universal. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "Reigning Miss Earth in Manila to kick off 2014 pageant". ABS-CBN News Channel. 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Miss Earth 2013". Miss Earth. 2013. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- "How Miss Earth winner prepared for pageant". ABS-CBN News & Current Affairs. 13 December 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- Buenaflor, Nestor (2013). "Miss Earth 2013 Winners (Earth, Air, Water & Fire) Morning Interview with ANC TV". ABS-CBN News Channel. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- MV La Nueva Era MB (2014). "Bienvenida Alyz Henrich, miss Earth 2013". YouTube. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Miss Earth in El Gouna (in Arabic)". Misrday.com. 18 March 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-03-18. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Alyz Henrich in Egypt for UN Conference". Miss Earth. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "ALYZ HENRICH EN MAURITIUS (Mas fotos) (in Spanish)". Univision. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Miss Earth 2013 Alyz Henrich". iTimes.com. 15 June 2014. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Fans piden destronar a Miss Tierra 2014 (in Spanish)". La Prensa. 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Moda por Sonrisas". Facebook. 5 July 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Alyz Henrich for The Nature Conservancy". Miss Earth. 10 July 2014. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Conservation of the Andean Mountains". Facebook. 26 September 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Bienvenida Alyz! (in Spanish)". Miss Earth Colombia. 1 August 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Miss Earth Colombia - Bogotá - Environmental Conservation, Organization - About - Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Miss Earth 2012 and 2013 Queens in Egypt's Bike Marathon". Miss Earth. September 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- "Alyz and Tereza at the Miss Egypt 2014 Coronation". Miss Earth. September 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- Locsin, Joel (2014). "Pinay bags Miss Earth 2014 title". GMA Network. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- Жигарева, Гертруда (2014). "Россиянка получила титул "Мисс огонь" на конкурсе "Мисс Земля" (in Russian)". Moskovskij Komsomolets. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Miss Earth 2014 Crown Goes To Miss Philippines". Travelers Today. 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "الفلبينية هيريل تنتزع تاج جمال الأرض (in Arabic)". Elaph.com. 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "La corona de Miss Tierra se quedó en casa (in Spanish)". El Universal. 2014. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "MISS PHILIPPINES CROWNED MISS EARTH 2014". The Times of India. 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- Alyz Henrich at Miss Earth official website
- Miss Earth Venezuela 2013 Eco-Beauty Video
- Alyz' Informercial for the Nature Conservancy
- Miss Earth official website
- Miss Venezuela official website
|Awards and achievements|
| Miss Earth
| Venezuelan representative to Miss Earth
| Miss Earth Venezuela
Stephanie de Zorzi
| Miss Falcón
Marie Claire Harp