Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alzira Soriano in 1929
|Mayor of Lajes|
|Born||29 April 1887|
|Died||28 May 1963(aged 76)|
Luísa Alzira Teixeira Soriano was a Brazilian politician, and the mayor of Lajes in Brazil. In 1928, she became the first female mayor in Brazil and South America, at the age of 32. She was a widow and a mother of three daughters.
- Elizabeth Dore; Maxine Molyneux (2000). Hidden Histories of Gender and the State in Latin America. Duke University Press. pp. 366–. ISBN 0-8223-2469-5. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Rex A. Hudson (1998). Brazil: A Country Study. The Division. p. 298. ISBN 978-0-8444-0854-5. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Heleieth I.B. Saffioti (1 January 1978). Women in Class Society. Monthly Review Press. p. 202. ISBN 978-0-85345-530-1. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Hebe C. Boa-Viagem A. Costa (13 October 2014). Elas, As Pioneiras do Brasil (in Portuguese). Scortecci. pp. 366–. ISBN 978-85-67443-19-5. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "A pioneira Alzira Soriano" (in Portuguese). jornalggn. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|