|Traded as||BM&F Bovespa: ABEV3
|Predecessor||Companhia Cervejaria Brahma
Companhia Antarctica Paulista
|Headquarters||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Bernardo Paiva, (Chairman & CEO)|
|Products||Beers and Soft drinks|
|Revenue||US$ 14.0 billion (2016)|
|US$ 3.8 billion (2016) |
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Cervecería Nacional Dominicana|
Ambev, formally Companhia de Bebidas das Américas (official English translation: "Americas' Beverage Company", hence the name "Ambev", formerly styled as "AmBev") is a Brazilian brewing company. It is the biggest brewery in Latin America and the fifth in the world. It was created on July 1, 1999, with the merger of two breweries, Brahma and Antarctica. The merger was approved by the Board of Directors of the Brazilian Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE) on March 30, 2000. The headquarters are in São Paulo, Brazil.
Ambev operates in 14 countries in the Americas and its product portfolio includes beers such as Antarctica, Bogotá Beer Company, Brahma, Bohemia, Skol, Stella Artois and soft drinks like Guaraná Antarctica, Soda Antarctica, Sukita and the innovations H2OH! and Guarah. The largest PepsiCo bottler outside United States, it sells and distributes PepsiCo products in Brazil and other Latin American countries, includes Pepsi, Lipton Ice Tea and Gatorade by franchise agreement. According to an analyst at Share Market Updates in October 2016, the company operates "through Latin America North, Latin America South, and Canada segments. It offers beers primarily under the Skol, Brahma, and Antarctica brands. The company also provides carbonated soft drinks, bottled water, isotonic beverages, energy drinks, and ready-to-drink teas under the Guaraná Antarctica, Guaraná Antarctica Black, Gatorade, H2OH!, Lipton Iced Tea, Fusion, Monster, Red Rock, Pepsi-Cola, and Seven Up brands."
Creation of AmBev
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV
- Cerveza Quilmes — (Ambev has a 91.18% controlling interest) 
- Cervecería Nacional Dominicana — 51% owner
- Brasil Kirin (competitor)
- Grupo Petrópolis (competitor)
- Heineken International (competitor)
-  The AmBev's net income was of 4.7 USD Billion in 2010 ended fiscal year
- Johnson, Steve (26 October 2016). "Johnson". Share Market Updates. Share Market Updates. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Company Information". Anheuser-Busch InBev. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- Ambev - Companhia de Bebidas das Américas
|This Brazilian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Brazilian cuisine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|