|Leader||Xabier Mikel Errekondo|
|Founded||27 September 2011|
|Ideology||Basque nationalism Left-wing nationalism Basque independence,
|Affiliated parties and groups|
|Congress of Deputies|
|Politics of Spain
Amaiur is a left-wing Basque nationalist and separatist political coalition from the Basque Country and Navarre. The name of the coalitions comes from the fortress of Amaiur in Navarre, which was one of the last Basque strongholds during the Spanish conquest of Iberian Navarre.
Amaiur was official launched on 27 September 2011 by Eusko Alkartasuna, Alternatiba (both previously part of Bildu), Aralar (previously in alliance with the Basque Nationalist Party, PNV in Nafarroa Bai), independent individuals of the ezker abertzalea (including many former members of Batasuna), and other smaller groups, while the PNV refused to join. The new coalition fielded candidates for the 2011 general election both in the provinces of the Basque Country and Navarre. Amaiur won 7 seats in the Congress of Deputies and 3 in the Senate.
- Basque left-wing nationalists launch new coalition party Amaiur, EITB, 3 October 2011, retrieved 20 November 2011
- Martin, E.; Diaz, J. (17 November 2011), Opinion polls predict victory for Spain's conservative party, Xinhua, retrieved 20 November 2011
- "Parties and Elections in Europe, "Spain", The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck". Parties & Elections. 19 March 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2013.
- (Spanish) "Amaiur busca ser la primera fuerza abertzale y superar al PSOE en Navarra", Público, 20 November 2011, retrieved 20 November 2011
- Sanz, Inmaculada; Goyoaga, Arantza (19 November 2011), Basque separatist voters grow after ETA ends violence, Reuters, retrieved 20 November 2011
- Ebels, Philip (18 November 2011), "Spanish elections: 5th EU government to fall due to crisis", EUObserver, retrieved 20 November 2011
- (Spanish) Izquierda abertzale, EA, Alternatiba y Aralar cierran los contenidos del pacto del 20-N, Gara, 15 September 2011
- (Spanish) Amaiur concurrirá al 20-N para reivindicar “la nación” vasca, El País, 27 September 2011