The island's land area is 3.3 sq.mi. (8.5 km2).
It is the most populous of all the islands of the Aleutians chain.
The Dutch Harbor area of the city of Unalaska is located on Amaknak Island. The island's population was 2,524 as of the 2000 census, comprising almost 59 percent of the city of Unalaska's population.
- Battle of Dutch Harbor
- Dutch Harbor Naval Operating Base and Fort Mears, U.S. Army
- Islands of Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
Dutch Harbor, Amaknak Island.
- Bergsland, K. (1994). Aleut Dictionary. Fairbanks: Alaska Native Language Center.
- United States Census Bureau — Amaknak Island: Blocks 1000 thru 1014, Census Tract 2, Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska
- Further reading
- "The Battle Over Amaknak Bridge — Progress Versus Preservation in Alaska's Aleutian Islands", article in Archaeology : a Magazine Dealing with the Antiquity of the World no. 3: 28 . 60, 2007, by Heather Pringle.
|This article about a location in the Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|