|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Amalie Bruun|
|Also known as||Myrkur|
January 6, 1985 |
|Genres||Black metal, pop music|
|Labels||Relapse Records, Downtown Records|
|Associated acts||Myrkur, Ex Cops, Billy Corgan Moh Denebi, Gaspard Ulliel, Ingrid Schram, Vinnie Paz, R.A. the Rugged Man|
Amalie Bruun (born January 6, 1985) is a Danish musician.
Amalie Bruun released her debut album in 2006. The record was written by herself and her father Michael Bruun. Amalie Bruun is also a pianist and guitarist and writes songs with other composers, including Moh Denebi. In 2008 she created the title song for the reality show Paradise Hotel, entitled "If You Give It Up." Amalie Bruun went to New York later in 2008 and won the New York Songwriters Circle international award.
In 2010 she released The EP Branches which was recorded at Pirate Studios in New York in partnership with Watt White. In spring 2012 she released the single "Siren", written and produced in collaboration with Mark Saunders on A:Larm Music. In 2013, Amalie also appeared on R.A. The Rugged Man's Album "Legends Never Die" providing background and chorus vocals for Track #3 - "Definition of a Rap Flow". Bruun has also released two albums with her band Ex Cops, 2013's True Hallucinations and 2014's Daggers. Ex Cops broke up in 2015.
A self-professed "black metal girl at heart", Bruun was revealed to be the writer, performer and producer of Relapse Records black metal project Myrkur in 2014. Both Ex Cops and Myrkur have garnered Bruun critical acclaim from publications including Pitchfork, Spin, and NPR Music. Bruun has also appeared with Myrkur and Ex Cops at renowned music festivals such as Roskilde Festival in Denmark and South by Southwest in Texas.
Amalie Bruun currently resides in her home country Denmark.
In August 2010 she appeared in a commercial for Chanel perfume Bleu De Chanel, directed by Martin Scorsese, along with Gaspard Ulliel and Ingrid Schram. She also appeared in the 2011 music video for The Lonely Island's "Jack Sparrow" as Forrest Gump's wife Jenny, alongside Michael Bolton.
As Amalie Bruun
- Amalie Bruun (2006)
- Housecat (EP) (2008)
- Branches (EP) (2010)
- Crush (EP) (2012)
With Ex Cops
- True Hallucinations (LP) (2013)
- Daggers (LP) (2014)
- "New York Songwriters Circle Launches 2008 Contest". BMI.com. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Ex Cops Discography". Discogs. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "7 Questions with Amalie Bruun". Thursday's Journal. 2012-06-19. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- Marshall, Wyatt (16 September 2014). "Shedding Light on the Darkness of Myrkur". Bandcamp. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- ""Hævnen" by Myrkur Review | Pitchfork". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Stream Ex Cops' Sharp New Album 'Daggers' | SPIN". Spin. 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "Viking's Choice: Myrkur, 'Skøgen Skulle Dø'". NPR.org. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
|This article about a Danish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|