|Birth name||Amanda Louisa Kretz Lameche|
|Born||March 24, 1985|
|Labels||Maverick (1999-2000) Signature Records (2006-|
Amanda Louisa Kretz Lameche, known professionally as Amanda, (born March 24, 1985 in French Alps, France) is a French-born Swedish pop singer who started getting involved in music after her family settled in Täby, Sweden. She was discovered at the age of 10 by the wife of Anders Bagge, who became one of her songwriters. Murlyn Songs became her producers.
Amanda became the first young female pop act to sign with Madonna's Maverick Records, making her professional debut with "You Don't Stand a Chance", from the Rugrats in Paris movie soundtrack. In 2000, Lameche recorded her debut album, entitled Everybody Doesn't, released in 2001. The title track "Everybody Doesn't" was her first and only single to date, peaking at #81 on the Billboard Hot 100. Before the release she embarked on a 40 city radio tour to promote her single.
- Williamson, Nigel (April 28, 2001). "Global Music Pulse". BILLBOARD.
- Lofthus, Kai R.; Jeffrey De Hart (May 12, 2001). "Sweden At Crossroads, Even As It Fills The Global Jukebox". Billboard.
- Kaufman, Joanne; Charaipotra, Sona; Novak, Ralph (2001). "Picks and Pans Main: Song". People Magazine 55 (24): 40. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "Everybody Doesn't - Amanda". Hot 100. Billboard. May 19, 2001. Archived from the original on 23 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- Lofthus, Kai R.; Brian Garrity (June 16, 2001). "UMG Finances Swedish Label". Billboard.
|This article about a Swedish singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|