Amanda Claridge is emerita professor of Roman archaeology at Royal Holloway, University of London. Her research interests include "Roman archaeology, especially art, marble sculpture and the marble trade; Roman architecture and urbanism; topography and monuments of the city of Rome and Latium. Antiquarian studies in 16th and 17th century Rome."
Awards and Honours
Claridge was elected as a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries in 1986. She is a member of the Member Accademia Pontiicia Romana di Arch. Claridge was awarded the Commendatore Italian Order of Merit. Claridge is on the Advisory Committee of the Journal of Roman Archaeology. In 2010 she was elected as a Corresponding Member of the Archaeological Institute of America.
Rome has been described as "a staple reference on the ancient city for English speaking students and tourists".
- Hadrian's Column of Trajan. Journal of Roman Archaeology 6: 5-22. 1993.
- Hadrian's lost temple of Trajan. Journal of Roman Archaeology 20: 54-94.
- "Hadrian's Succession and the Monuments of Trajan" in Hadrian: Arts, Politics and Economy. Opper, T. (ed.). British Museum Press, 2013, p. 5-18. (British Museum Research Publication; no. 175)
- Classical Manuscript Illustrations. London: The Royal Collection in association with Harvey Miller Publishers, 2012. (The Paper Museum of Cassiano dal Pozzo. Series A, Antiquities and Architecture; vol. 6) (With I. Herklotz)
- Rome. An Oxford Archaeological Guide, Oxford: Oxford University Press. 2nd, enlarged and revised ed. 2010. (Oxford Archaeological Guides)
- Holleran, C. & Claridge, A. (ed.), 2018. Companion to the City of Rome. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Professor Amanda Claridge. Royal Holloway, University of London. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Amanda., Claridge, (2010). Rome : an Oxford archaeological guide. Toms, Judith., Cubberley, Tony. (2nd ed., rev. and expanded ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780199546831. OCLC 689548463.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Staff and Fellows « The British School at Rome". www.bsr.ac.uk. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Fellows Directory - Society of Antiquaries". www.sal.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Editorial board". Cambridge Core. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Corresponding Members - Archaeological Institute of America". www.archaeological.org. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- Newsome, DJ (2011). "Review: Amanda Claridge, Rome: An Oxford Archaeological Guide (2nd edition)". Rosetta. 9: 75–82.
- Amanda Claridge talking on "The Villas of Tiberius".
|This biographical article about an archaeologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|