Amanda Harlech, Baroness Harlech (born Amanda Jane Grieve) is a British creative consultant and writer with a long association with the couturiers John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld. She was named to the International Best Dressed List Hall of Fame in 1997.
Amanda Jane Grieve was born in 1959 in north London, the daughter of Alan Grieve, a solicitor and director of the Jerwood Foundation and his first wife, Anne Dulake. She grew up in Regent's Park where one of her childhood companions was Jasper Conran.
In 1986, she married Francis Ormsby-Gore, 6th Baron Harlech, adopting the surname 'Harlech'. The couple had two children:
- Jasset David Cody Ormsby-Gore, 7th Baron Harlech (b. 1 July 1986), studied at Central St Martins
- The Hon. Tallulah Sylvia Ormsby-Gore (b. 16 May 1988), studied at the New York Film Academy.
Harlech has collaborated on two books – Palazzo and Sicily – and has expressed the desire to write more in the future.
In December 2011, Harlech curated the Krug-sponsored "Happiness" exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts, London. The exhibition, which raised funds for the Royal Academy Schools, consisted of artworks donated by celebrities.
In September 2013, Harlech is seen in the Fendi film Invito Pericoloso .
- Miss Amanda Grieve (1959–1986)
- The Right Honourable The Lady Harlech (1986–1998)
- Amanda, Lady Harlech (1998–present)
- "World's Best Dressed Women". The International Hall of Fame: Women. 1997. Archived from the original on 12 July 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Eleanor Lambert; Bettina Zilkha (2004). Ultimate Style – The Best of the Best Dressed List. Assouline. p. 161. ISBN 2843235138.
- Alan Grieve entry at the Peerage.com Lundy, Darryl. "p. 3269 § 32685". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- "Amanda Harlech's highland fling with Chanel". The Daily Telegraph.
- Justine Picardie (2 December 2007). "Amanda Harlech: a charmed life". The Telegraph. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
She won a scholarship to South Hampstead girls' school, and stayed there until she was 16, when she went to board at Marlborough for her A-levels.
- Amanda Harlech entry at thePeerage.com Lundy, Darryl. "p. 5429 § 54288". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Independent, 2012 profile by Alex Fury https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/lady-amanda-harlech-i-really-like-getting-my-hands-dirty-6291298.html
- Guardian, 2007 profile by Lynn Barber https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2007/aug/19/features.magazine67
- "Entertainment News, Celebrity and Pop Culture". ABC News. 25 August 2013. Archived from the original on 28 August 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- jameslacey (23 November 2011). "Mission Public Relations | The Krug Happiness Exhibition". Blog.thisismission.com. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Freud Slips Quietly into the RA". vLex. Londoner's Diary | Evening Standard. 13 December 2011. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Once Upon A Time Starring Keira Knightley by Karl Lagerfeld". Hypebeast. 10 May 2013. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Samantha Conti with contributions from Lorelei Marfil (26 February 2014). "Amanda Harlech, Dominic Jones to Launch Jewelry". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 December 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)