Amanda Township, Fairfield County, Ohio
|Amanda Township, Fairfield County, Ohio|
Young wheat field on Dillon Road
Location of Amanda Township in Fairfield County
|• Total||36.9 sq mi (95.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.9 sq mi (95.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||73/sq mi (28.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086072|
Amanda Township is one of the thirteen townships of Fairfield County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 2,706, up from 2,429 people at the 2000 census. Of the total township population, 1,969 lived in the unincorporated portions of the township
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Bloom Township - north
- Greenfield Township - northeast corner
- Hocking Township - east
- Madison Township - southeast corner
- Clearcreek Township - south
- Washington Township, Pickaway County - southwest
- Walnut Township, Pickaway County - west
- Madison Township, Pickaway County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Amanda township, Fairfield County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved June 27, 2016.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 3.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 2009-04-30.