|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Brno, Czech Republic|
|Products||Machinarium, Botanicula, Samorost, Samorost 2, Samorost 3|
Number of employees
Amanita Design is a Czech independent video game developing company founded in 2003 by Jakub Dvorský and headquartered in Brno, Czech Republic. The company has created award winning games including Machinarium, the Samorost series and Botanicula, as well as educational and advertising minigames and animations, all using Adobe Flash. Clients include BBC, Nike and The Polyphonic Spree.
Samorost 2 has won the Webby Award. In 2009, Amanita Design released the award-winning game Machinarium. Botanicula was released in April 2012 as both a standalone purchase as well as the subject of the Humble Botanicula Debut. On March 24th 2016 they released Samorost 3 (the follow-up to Samorost 2).
There are nine games released by Amanita Design and one game being in development.
|Samorost||2003||Browser||First point and click game|
|Rocketman||2004||Browser||Short game for Nike|
|The Quest For The Rest||2004||Browser||Short game for band Polyphonic spree|
|Samorost 2||2005||Windows, OS X, Linux||Second game in the Samorost series|
|Questionaut||2008||Browser||Point and click game for BBC|
|Shy Dwarf||2009||Browser||Arcade game by Jaromír Plachý.|
|Machinarium||2009||Windows, OS X, Linux, PS3 (PSN), PS Vita (PSN), iPad 2, Android, BlackBerry PlayBook||First full-length game|
|Osada||2011||Browser, Windows, OS X, Linux||Interactive music video|
|Botanicula||2012||Windows, OS X, Linux, iPad, Android||Second full-length game|
|Samorost 3||2016||Windows, OS X||Third game in the Samorost series and third full-length game|
|Chuchel||TBA||Windows, IOS, Android||Puzzle game|
- Kooky (puppet feature film and book)
- Plantage (music video for Under Byen)
- Na tu svatbu (music video for Kamil Jasmín)
- Shy dwarf (short game by Jaromír Plachý)
- Nusle (short film)
- Psyride (psytrance music video)
- Blanka Šperková (flash website)
- Podvědomím (flash website)
- Pantry (web toy)
Team members and collaborators
- Jakub Dvorský
- Václav Blín (main animator)
- David Oliva (programmer)
- Tomáš Dvořák (Floex) (musician)
- Tomáš Dvořák (Pif) (soundman)
- Adolf Lachman (painter)
- Jaromír Plachý (additional animator)
- Jan Werner (programmer)
- IndieCade - Story / World Design Award (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Audio Award (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art Award (2009)
- DICE Awards - Nomination for 13th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards (2009)
- Gamasutra - Best Indie Game of 2009
- VGChartz.com - Best Indie Game of 2009
- PC Gamer - Best Soundtrack of 2009
- Flashforward Film Festival - winner in Original Sound category (2006)
- Seoul net festival - Best Web-Work Award (2006)
- Webby Award - winner in games category (2007)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Best Web Browser Game (2007)
- Top Talent Award - nominee (2003)
- Webby Award - nominee (2004)
- British Academy Award (BAFTA) - nominee (2009)
- Mochis Award - Best Game Art (2009)
- "Video Game Developers in the Czech Republic". TechLoop. 28 July 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- INTERVIEW – In Conversation With Jakub Dvorsky, Founder Of Amanita Design And Creator Of Machinarium | Alternative Magazine Online
- "Webby Nominees". webbyawards.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- McElroy, Griffin. "Machinarium developer reveals three upcoming projects". Joystiq.
- http://www.hrej.cz/novinky/2009/10/29/plachy-trpaslik-flashovka-od-amanita-design-19675/ czech
- Dobrovský, Pavel. "Chuchel - představení nové hry od autora Botaniculy - Games.cz". Games.cz. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- Dobrovský, Pavel. "Samorosti z Prahy - pohled pod pokličku pětiletého vývoje Samorost 3 od Amanita Design". Games.cz. Retrieved 15 August 2015.