Number of employees
Amanita Design is a Czech independent video game developing company founded in 2003 by Jakub Dvorský and headquartered in Prague, Czech Republic. The company has created award-winning games including Machinarium, the Samorost series and Botanicula, as well as educational and advertising minigames and animations, all using Adobe Flash. Clients include BBC, Nike and The Polyphonic Spree.
Samorost 2 has won the Webby Award. In 2009, Amanita Design released the award-winning game Machinarium. Botanicula was released in April 2012 as both a standalone purchase as well as the subject of the Humble Botanicula Debut. On 24 March 2016 they released Samorost 3 (the follow-up to Samorost 2). The studio's eleventh project was Chuchel, which was released on 7 March 2018.
|Samorost||2003||Browser||Point and click adventure game|
|Rocketman||2004||Browser||Short game for Nike|
|The Quest for the Rest||2004||Browser||Short game for band Polyphonic spree|
|Samorost 2||2005||Windows, OS X, Linux||Second game in the Samorost series|
|Questionaut||2008||Browser||Point and click game for BBC|
|Shy Dwarf||2009||Browser||Action game by Jaromír Plachý.|
|Machinarium||2009||Windows, iOS, Linux, PS3 (PSN), PS Vita (PSN), iPad 2, Android, BlackBerry PlayBook, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One||First full-length game|
|Osada||2011||Browser, Windows, OS X, Linux,||Interactive music video|
|Botanicula||2012||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Linux, Android||Second full-length game|
|Samorost 3||2016||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Third game in the Samorost series and third full-length game|
|Chuchel||2018||Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android||Comedy adventure game by Jaromír Plachý|
|Pilgrims||2019||iOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux||Adventure game.|
|Trust Me, I Got This!||2020||Windows, MacOS||Short adventure game developed during Global Game Jam.|
|Creaks||2020||Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch||Mystery puzzle game|
|Happy Game||TBA 2021||Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch||Puzzle horror game|
|Phonopolis||TBA||Windows||Adventure game acquired from Hammerware|
- Vespering - music video for DVA by Jaromír Plachý (2016)
- Mulatu - music video for DVA by Jaromír Plachý (2013)
- Zorya - music album by Floex (2011)
- Kooky - puppet feature film and book by Jakub Dvorský (2010)
- Nunovó Tango - music video for DVA by Jaromír Plachý (2009)
- Plantage - music video for Under Byen by Jakub Dvorský (2004)
- Na tu svatbu - music video for Kamil Jasmín by Václav Blín (2002)
- Nusle - short film (2001)
- Psyride - psytrance music video (2001)
- Blanka Šperková - flash website by Jakub Dvorský
- Podvědomím - flash website by Jakub Dvorský
- Pantry - web toy by Jakub Dvorský
Team members and collaborators
- Jakub Dvorský (game designer, graphic artist, Amanita Design founder and CEO)
- Jaromír Plachý (game designer, animator, graphic artist)
- Václav Blín (animator, graphic artist)
- Adolf Lachman [cs] (graphic artist, painter, sculptor)
- Tomáš Dvořák (Floex) (musician)
- Tomáš Dvořák (Pif) (sound effects designer, production assistant, CFO)
- DVA (musicians) - Bára Ungerová and Jan Kratochvíl
- David Oliva (programmer)
- Jan Werner (programmer)
- Peter Stehlík (programmer)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art (2018)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Audio Award - nominee (2018)
- Adventure Gamers - The Aggie Awards - Best Character, Animation and Sound Effects (2018)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art - nominee (2014)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Audio Award - nominee (2014)
- Adventure Gamers - The Aggie Awards - Best Non-Traditional Adventure (2016)
- IndieCade - Story / World Design Award (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Audio Award (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art - nominee (2012)
- Adventure Gamers - The Aggie Awards - Best Animation (2012)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Excellence in Visual Art Award (2009)
- DICE Awards - Nomination for 13th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards (2009)
- Gamasutra - Best Indie Game of 2009
- VGChartz.com - Best Indie Game of 2009
- PC Gamer - Best Soundtrack of 2009
- Flashforward Film Festival - winner in Original Sound category (2006)
- Seoul net festival - Best Web-Work Award (2006)
- Webby Award - winner in games category (2007)
- Annual Independent Games Festival - Best Web Browser Game (2007)
- Top Talent Award - nominee (2003)
- Webby Award - nominee (2004)
- British Academy Award (BAFTA) - nominee (2009)
- Mochis Award - Best Game Art (2009)
- "Video Game Developers in the Czech Republic". TechLoop. 28 July 2016. Archived from the original on 15 August 2016. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- INTERVIEW – In Conversation With Jakub Dvorsky, Founder Of Amanita Design And Creator Of Machinarium | Alternative Magazine Online
- "Webby Nominees". webbyawards.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-18. Retrieved 2012-01-15.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)(dead link)
- McElroy, Griffin. "Machinarium developer reveals three upcoming projects". Joystiq. Archived from the original on 2011-05-28. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- "Plachý trpaslík, flashovka od Amanita Design - Hrej.cz". Hrej.cz. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Dobrovský, Pavel. "Chuchel - představení nové hry od autora Botaniculy - Games.cz". Games.cz. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Amanita Design Just Released 'Pilgrims' Which Is a Brand New Adventure Game Available Now in Apple Arcade". Touch Arcade. Retrieved 7 October 2019.
- "Vyzkoušejte si game jamovou hříčku Trust Me, I Got This! od vývojářů z Amanity". Games.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 9 February 2020.
- "Amanita Design's next game is a sidescrolling platformer called Creaks". pcgamer. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Amanita Design announces horror adventure game Happy Game for Switch, PC". Gematsu. 15 December 2020. Retrieved 15 December 2020.
- "Průvan". Česká televize (in Czech). Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Podívejte se do zákulisí vývoje českých her. Na Steamu vyšel dokument New Game". Games.cz (in Czech). Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "Amanita Design выпустит "картонный" квест Phonopolis". Igromania. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Gamasutra's Best Of 2009: Top 10 Indie Games, 18 December 2009
- GDC 2007: INDEPENDENT GAMES FESTIVAL AWARDS, ign.com, 8 March 2007