Amar Akbar Anthony (2018 film)
|Amar Akbar Anthony|
Theatrical release Poster
|Directed by||Srinu Vaitla|
|Produced by||Naveen Yerneni|
|Screenplay by||Srinu Vaitla|
|Story by||Srinu Vaitla |
Vamsi Rajesh Kondaveeti
|Narrated by||Srinu Vaitla|
|Music by||S. S. Thaman|
|Cinematography||Venkat C Dileep|
|Edited by||MR Varma|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
|Box office||55 crore|
Amar Akbar Anthony is a 2018 Indian Telugu-language action film co-written and directed by Sreenu Vaitla which features Ravi Teja in his first triple role and Ileana D'Cruz playing the female lead in her comeback in Telugu cinema after six years. Also marking the fourth collaboration between Teja and Vaitla after Nee Kosam, Venky and Dubai Seenu, the film was produced by Naveen Yerneni, Y. Ravi Shankar and Mohan Cherukuri under their banner Mythri Movie Makers. Pre-production of the film began in June 2017, and the film's principal photography commenced at New York in April 2018. The narrative centers around Amar, a man suffering from multiple personality disorder, who is on a vengeful killing spree but is often hindered by the emergence of two more personalities he is unaware of.
The film released worldwide on 16 November 2018.
Set in New York, the film revolves around Amar (Ravi Teja), who once freed from the prison, kills a businessman before extracting from him a "Fedo" ring. However, Amar is unaware of the fact that he is suffering from multiple personality disorder that causes him to assume two more identities other than his own. Each identity has a trigger that results in its emergence. Whenever something breaks, he transforms into Akbar, a Muslim man who keeps helping the needy. Whenever he sees someone acting abnormally, he transforms into Marc Anthony, a calm doctor. Whenever something explodes, he becomes himself. While as Akbar, he meets Pooja (Ileana D'Cruz), a young woman who also suffers from MPD. In a gym, a few men try to flirt with her and them telling her to "trust them" triggers the alternate personality which violently beats them up. Pooja is surprised to meet Akbar as Dr. Anthony who soon starts her treatment.
In the meanwhile, FBI officer Balwant Kharge (Abhimanyu Singh) investigates the murder of the first businessman and being a partner, he keeps informing the remaining three businessmen who might be the next targets. Evidences bring him closer to the realization that Amar might be involved in the murder. Pooja's uncle Jalal Akbar (Sayaji Shinde) unites with her. Her real name is revealed to be Aishwarya. With time, Amar ends up realizing that something is wrong with him. He visits the grave of his parents with flowers but is chased by Kharge and his fellow officers. He tries to kill the next target but somehow fails. He hires Bobby (Sunil), a random stranger, to find out what's wrong with him. He realizes that he's suffering from MPD, while the flashback is revealed in the words of Jalal Akbar to Aishwarya and Dr. Marc Anthony (Subhalekha Sudhakar)'s words to Kharge. It is revealed that Amar and Aishwarya's families were betrayed by four businessmen who were trusted and awarded "Fedo" rings. The explosion of their house diagnosed Amar and the menace created by the businessmen diagnosed Aishwarya with the disorder. The businessmen then tried to kill Amar, Aishwarya and Jalal in a subsequent chase but failed. Aishwarya and Amar were admitted to Dr. Anthony's school where they both got separated by circumstances.
Back to present, Amar manages to kill the second businessman by strangulating him to death while also leaving behind clues that alert Kharge. However, this disorder causes Amar to miss Saboo Menon (Adithya Menon), the target he earlier failed to kill. He then manipulates the members of WATA, an association for Telugu people, into killing Menon. They're taken in and end up leading Kharge to the truth. Karan Arora (Tarun Arora), the fourth businessman, calls Amar for a meeting in exchange for Jalal and Aishwarya's freedom. Realizing his loved ones are still alive, Amar arrives on the spot and in the presence of Kharge and his assistant, breaks into a fight that leaves the henchmen wounded and Arora dead. He extracts the last Fedo ring and then leaves the scene. Kharge is disappointed to realize he kidnapped someone else instead of Aishwarya. Amar then visits his long-left house where he unites with Aishwarya, with Dr. Anthony explaining to Jalal that their mental conditions will now start returning to normal. Kharge decides to testify against Amar but instead covers up for him after being blackmailed by the latter.
- Ravi Teja as Amar / Akbar / Anthony
- Ileana D'Cruz as Aishwarya / Pooja / Teresa
- Vikramjeet Virk as Vikram Talwar
- Abhimanyu Singh as FBI officer Balwant Kharge
- Sunil as Bobby
- Tarun Arora as Karan Arora
- Sayaji Shinde as Jalal Akbar
- Adithya Menon as Saboo Menon
- Subhalekha Sudhakar as Dr. Marc Anthony
- Abhirami as Amar's mother
- Chandrahaas as Young Amar
- Sloka as Young Aishwarya
- Sijoy Varghese as Young Aishwarya's father
- Laya as Young Aishwarya's mother
- Raghu Babu as Gandikota
- Srinivasa Reddy as Kandulu
- Vennela Kishore as Miriyala
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as WATA Chairman Pullareddy
- Bharath Reddy as Mareddy, Pullareddy's assistant
- Ravi Prakash as Chidambaram, Balwant's assistant
- Tanikella Bharani
- Venkata Giridhar as Chetan Sharma
- Rajveer Ankur Singh as Rajveer
- Sathya as Jr. K. A. Paulf
Ravi Teja and Srinu Vaitla who earlier worked in Nee Kosam (1999), Venky (2004) and Dubai Seenu (2007) re-united for their fourth film in June 2017. The title Amar Akbar Anthony was confirmed in November 2017 and Mythri Movie Makers came on board as producers.
Anu Emmanuel, who was signed as the female lead, opted out of the project in May 2018 due to date issues. Ileana D'Cruz was signed as the female lead in May 2018, continuing her successful collaboration with Ravi Teja after Kick and Khatarnak, making a comeback to Telugu cinema after last appearance opposite Ravi again in Devudu Chesina Manushulu (2012).
Principal photography commenced in New York on 1 April 2018. The last major schedule started in August 2018 at New York City. The Hindi version of this film is releasing on 15 June on Sony Max. Hindi dubbing rights were sold to Goldmine Telefilms.
|Amar Akbar Anthony|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||10 November 2018|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|1.||"Kalala Kadhala"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Harini Ivvaturi||4:41|
|2.||"Don Bosco"||Viswa||Sri Krishna, Jaspreet Jasz, Hariteja, Manisha Eerabathini, Ramya Behara||4:39|
|3.||"Khullam Khulla Chilla"||Balaji||Nakash Aziz, Mohana, Ramya Behara||3:34|
|4.||"Guppeta"||Balaji||Ranjith, Kaala Bhairava, Sri Krishna, Saketh||4:16|
Vaitla stated in an interview in June 2018 that the film would be released during Dasara. The worldwide release date was announced as 5 October 2018. But the movie was rescheduled to be released on 16 November 2018.
- "Srinu Vaitla and Ravi Teja to reunite?"
- "Interesting title for Ravi Teja & Vaitla movie"
- "What Is Srinu Vaitla Doing In US?"
- "Ravi Teja’s triple role"
- "Ravi Teja to sport three different looks in ‘Amar Akbar Anthony’"
- "Ravi Teja turns NRI"
- "Ravi Teja-Anu Emmanuel's 'Amar Akbar Anthony' goes on floors, pics inside"
- "Ravi Teja’s Amar Akbar Anthony with Srinu Vytla gets officially launched today"
- "Ileana D'Cruz in and Anu Emmanuel out of Ravi Teja's Amar Akbar Anthony"
- "Ileana replaces Anu Emmanuel in Ravi Teja’s next!"
- "Ileana D’Cruz to stage a comeback!"
- "Srinu Vaitla, Ravi Teja shoot in Jennifer Lopez's mansion for Amar Akbar Anthony"
- "Amar Akbar Anthony shooting in final phase in USA"
- "Amar Akbar Antony – Thaman S. - Download or Listen Free – Saavn". 12 November 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "‘I am financially disciplined’"
- "Ravi Teja-Srinu Vaitla film's release date sealed"
- "Amar Akbar Anthony movie review: This Ravi Teja, Ileana D'Cruz starrer is an action-comedy sans any thrills- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 17 November 2018.
- "Amar Akbhar Anthoni (Amar Akbar Anthony) 2019 New Hindi Dubbed Full Movie - Ravi Teja, Ileana".