Amarte es mi Pecado
|Amarte es mi pecado|
|Created by||Liliana Abud|
|Written by||Jaime García Estrada|
|Directed by||Benjamín Cann|
|Theme music composer||Ricardo Montaner|
|Opening theme||"Amarte es mi pecado" performed by Alessandra Rosaldo and Ricardo Montaner|
|Ending theme||"Aun así" by Alessandra Rosaldo|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||95|
|Executive producer(s)||Ernesto Alonso|
|Producer(s)||Luis Miguel Barona|
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||January 5 –|
May 14, 2004
|Preceded by||Velo de novia|
Univision broadcast Amarte es mi pecado weeknights at 9pm/8c replacing Bajo la misma piel from Monday June 14, 2004 to October 22, 2004 with Amor real replacing it Monday October 25, 2004. Re-runs were broadcast on Univision Summer 2008 weeknights at 1am/12c replacing Niña amada mía. The last episode was broadcast on Friday January 16, 2009 with Contra viento y marea replacing it Monday January 19, 2009.
In the city of Pátzcuaro lives Leonora "Nora" Guzmán y Madrigal de Horta (Yadhira Carrillo), a beautiful and naïve woman, full of illusions. She is envied by women and desire by men, but she only has eyes for Alfredo de la Mora (Alejandro Ibarra), a poor young singer. Her father, Jacobo (Manuel Ojeda), continuously insists that she'll marry a rich and important man to get a life of luxury. On his deathbed, Nora promises to make this act.
After the death of Jacobo, Nora suffers great dismay when her ambitious and evil stepmother Isaura (Sylvia Pasquel) sells her to Heriberto Reyes (Antonio Medellín), the richest man in Pátzcuaro. In defense of her honor, Nora wounds Heriberto; to avoid a scandal, he does not press charges against her. Pressured by the complaints of the neighbors and the rejection of all the people, Nora decides to commit suicide by jumping into a Lake, but is rescued by Arturo Sandoval (Sergio Sendel), who falls in love with her.
Soon after, Nora and Isaura moves to live in Morelia with the only family that Nora have, her aunt Doña Alejandra Madrigal de Horta (Margarita Isabel), the sister of her late mother. Alejandra is a wealthy woman of high society, greedy and hypocritical, who despises Isaura because she's a poor woman who only wants to marry Nora to a rich man to get rid of her support as soon as possible. In reality, Alejandra does not love Nora because she's the daughter of her lat sister Leonora and Jacobo, the man she was always in love with.
Alejandra keeps a big secret, years ago she slept with Jacobo, which had terrible consequences; Alejandra became pregnant and later gave birth to a girl that she hates and humiliates, Casilda, whom she raised as her goddaughter, to avoid scandal. Casilda is an ugly woman who's jealous of Nora for her beauty and the attention that apparently she has from Alejandra. Isaura discover the secret and feeds Casilda with hatred and envy of Nora; especially when Leonardo Muñoz (Alexis Ayala), a young handsome man who Casilda has always secretly loved, is fall deeply in love with Nora.
In Morelia, Nora is reunited with Arturo and slept with him. Arturo loves her, but must leave when he offered the job of his dreams; a commercial airline pilot. Arturo promises he will return in a few months to marry her and Nora is happy, making preparations for their wedding while keeping it a secret from her aunt Alejandra. By chance, Arturo reunites with an old friend, Paulina (Alessandra Rosaldo). After a night of drinking, they discover they have slept together, but the two part due to ineludible obligations.
When Paulina returned to Mexico, she confesses what happened to herfiancé, Juan Carlos Orellana (René Casados), a rich and kind man who runs the magazine where she works as a reporter. Juan Carlos was always deeply envied by one of his closest employees, Sergio Samaniego (Odiseo Bichir), who go crazy through the story. Juan Carlos is comprehensive and insists they should go on with their wedding plans, but Paulina is full of doubts, because she realizes that she's in love with Arturo.
Nora discovers that she's expecting Arturo's child, but before she could tell, Paulina informs Arturo that she is pregnant. The sense of responsibility forces Arturo to tell Nora what happened. Nora feels betrayed again, so she keeps her pregnancy a secret and decided to devote herself to her unborn child.
Meanwhile, Isaura blackmails Alejandra to tell her secret; then converted Casilda to kill Alejandra to take her money. Before dying, Alejandra tells the truth to Casilda. Shortly thereafter, Isaura, who only wants to live at the expense of Nora and Casilda, feeds hatred and envy felt by Casilda for Nora. She succeeds when Casilda throw Nora from the house and then murdered Pilar Cansino (Emilia Carranza), a wealthy and kind designer who was willing to help Nora by giving her work as a model and seamstress. Finally, Isaura makes Nora believe that her daughter was stillborn. Thus, Isaura intended Nora into despair to manipulate her at her will.
Completely shattered after the death of her daughter, Nora swears not love again and live with only one purpose in mind: to take advantage of her beauty to ruin men. Turned into a hard woman, Nora live now only to make a fortune at the cost of whoever and to take revenge on all those who have hurt her; especially Arturo, who wants to hate, but can not stop loving. She did not imagine that Isaura, who pretends to be her friend and still living at her side as her "sweet" stepmother, is really her worst enemy.
Ten years later, Nora becomes a famous and wealthy model, married to Félix Palacios (Sergio Reynoso), a rich and mature man who adores her, but has mysterious business; however, Nora has not been able to stop thinking about Arturo. Paulina is also a recognized journalist, married to Arturo, who lives with her and Marisa, their daughter, but Paulina is deeply unhappy to learn that Arturo never loved her and still deeply in love with Nora. Meanwhile, Arturo has different jobs that all ended in failure, without suspecting that it was Nora who made him fired from his jobs.
The fate again brings together the paths of everyone so that they can clarify what happened, but Isaura try by all means her intrigues are not discovered, she still wants to get more money from Nora and not want to lose her confidence.
Arturo begins to work as a driver of Félix and Nora is constantly hiding from him. One day, Paulina hears Isaura saying she switched the girls Of Casilda and Nora and trying to convince Casilda to tell the truth. Leonora arrives and hears them talking. Leonora confronts Isaura and leaves her locked in a room and plans to turn her to the police, but Isaura manages to escape.
Knowing that she's lost, Isaura shows a video to Félix in which Leonora and Arturo are seen kissing, and Felix is about to kill them. Paulina and Casilda make Isaura believe that Felix is about to arrive from his trip to kill Leonora and Arturo, and Paulina recorded with a camera Isaura confessing everything she has done. In order to take away the video, Isaura stabs Paulina with scissors. Paulina is dying, and asks Casilda to take the video to Félix. Félix arrives from his trip and as he is about to kill Leonora and Arturo, Casilda shows the video to him and he let them go.
On her deathbed, Paulina calls Leonora and Arturo and asks them to reconcile and be happy. Afterward, some men with whom Félix made dirty businesses surround his house and murder him.
Isaura escapes and asks for help from Casilda, who makes her think she will help her run away. Following the advice of the spirit of her dead mother Alejandra, Casilda decides to ask a truck driver to take her, hides Isaura in the truck and convince the truck driver to leave the forebay in a deserted place, leaving Isaura to die. Casilda then leaves with the truck driver to an unknown place.
A year later, Leonora and Arturo meet again in a church, and renew their love.
- Yadhira Carrillo - Leonora "Nora" Guzmán y Madrigal de Horta
- Sergio Sendel - Arturo Sandoval de Anda
- Alessandra Rosaldo - Paulina Almazán Miranda
- Sylvia Pasquel - Isaura Ávila vda de Guzmán
- Alexis Ayala - Leonardo Muñoz de Santiago
- René Casados - Juan Carlos Orellana
- Luis Gimeno - Clemente Sandoval
- Adriana Roel - Gertrudis de Reyes
- Antonio Medellín - Heriberto Reyes
- Aarón Hernán - Joaquín Arcadio
- Eugenio Cobo - Hipólito
- Sergio Ramos - Silverio Almazán
- Macaria - Dra. Clara Santacruz
- Ninón Sevilla - Doña Galia de Caridad
- Luis Bayardo - Manolo Tapia
- Oscar Servin - Roque Ramos
- Roberto Antúnez - Genaro Hernán
- Emilia Carranza - Pilar Cansino
- Alonso Echánove - Felipe Fernández Del Ara
- Xavier Marc - Evaristo López Monfor
- Julio Monterde - Padre Javier Lucio
- María Prado - Cholé Ocampo
- Josefina Echánove - Damiana Mendiola
- Antonio Miguel - Víctor Garduño
- Tiaré Scanda - Casilda Gómez / Casilda Guzmán y Madrigal de Horta
- Odiseo Bichir - Sergio Samaniego
- Alejandro Ibarra - Alfredo de La Mora/Alfredo Rangel Gómez
- Alejandro Ruiz - Diego Fernández del Ara
- Íngrid Martz - Renata Quiroga
- Silvia Manríquez - Ana María Fernández del Ara
- Dacia Arcaráz - Diana
- Juan Carlos Casasola - Gonzalo Carrera
- Jan - Roberto Peña
- José Ángel Garcia - Julián Quiroga
- Virginia Gimeno - Rebeca Duarte
- Verónica Jaspeado - Mirta Fernández del Ara
- Mauricio Aspe - Rafael Almazán Miranda
- David Ramos - Pepe Luis Reséndez
- Bibelot Mansur - Pascuala Ocampo
- Jerardo - Agustín
- Tatiana Rodríguez - Jessica Del Valle
- Farah Abud - Cristina Palacios Moret
- Verónica Toussaint - Jazmín
- Óscar Ferretti - Baltazar Duarte
- Conrado Osorio - Sandro
- Erika Buenfil - Gisela de López Monfort
- Margarita Isabel - Doña Alejandra Madrigal de Horta
- Manuel Ojeda - Jacobo Guzmán
- Juan Peláez - Carmelo Quintero
- Sergio Reynoso - Félix Palacios García
- Gabriela Goldsmith - Kathy de Quiroga
- Roberto Ballesteros - Marcelo Previni
- Sergio Sánchez - Dr. Bermudez
- Roberto Sen - Dr. Lozano
- Ofelia Guilmáin - Doña Covadonga Linares de Almazán
Awards and nominations
|2004||22nd TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela of the Year||Amarte es mi pecado||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Yadhira Carrillo||Nominated|
|Best Actor||Sergio Sendel||Nominated|
|Best Antagonist Actor||Odiseo Bichir||Nominated|
|Best Antagonist Actress||Sylvia Pasquel||Nominated|
|Best Co-lead Actress||Tiaré Scanda||Nominated|
|Best Co-star Actor||Alexis Ayala||Nominated|
|Best Leading Actress||Margarita Isabel||Nominated|
|Best Leading Actor||Sergio Ramos||Nominated|
|Best Female Revelation||Alessandra Rosaldo||Nominated|
|Best Male Revelation||Jan||Won|
|Best Musical Theme||Ricardo Montaner
- "Alessandra Rosaldo espera que Ricardo Montaner le dé éxito". elsiglodetorreon.com. Retrieved December 31, 2003.
- "Inicia grabacion de la telenovela Amarte es mi Pecado". eluniversal.com. July 21, 2003. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Univision Debuts Primetime Novela "Amarte es mi Pecado" a Story of Betrayal and Revenge". iptvnewswire.com. June 15, 2004. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Presentan Amarte es mi Pecado". eluniversal.com. December 29, 2003. Retrieved October 28, 2013.