2015 (as Amaszonas Paraguay)
15 October 2018 (as Paranair)
|Commenced operations||23 September 2015|
|Hubs||Silvio Pettirossi International Airport|
Paranair is a Paraguayan airline based at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport, in the country's capital of Asunción. It utilizes a fleet of Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft to operate scheduled flights between Paraguay and other South American countries.
The airline was founded in 2015, originally as a joint venture between Air Nostrum and Amaszonas as Amaszonas Paraguay. As Amaszonas Paraguay, the airline's first flight took place on 23 September 2015. 19 June 2018, the airline announced its separation and independence from the Amaszonas group of airlines by rebranding the company as Paranair. The company's backers became Inversiones en Lineas Aereas Internacionales in Spain and Avmax Group Inc. in Canada, with each company holding a 50% stake in Paranair. Operations under the Paranair name began on 15 October 2018.
Paranair has codeshare agreements with the following airlines:
- "Air Nostrum inicia operaciones latinas con Amazonas y Flyest" [Air Nostrum starts Latin operations with Amazonas and Flyest]. reportur.com.ar (in Spanish). 8 May 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Lanzamiento de Amaszonas Paraguay" [Launch of Amaszonas Paraguay]. La Nación (in Spanish). 2 September 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "Paranair será la nueva compañía aérea paraguaya" [Paranair will be the new Paraguayan airline]. Paranair (Press release) (in Spanish). Compañía de Aviación Paraguaya S.A. 10 September 2018. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Paranair es el nombre de la nueva aerolínea con bandera paraguaya" [Paranair is the name of the new airline with Paraguayan flag]. Contacto News (in Spanish). Contacto Editorial. 10 September 2018. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Paranair - Destinations". Paranair. Compañía de Aviación Paraguaya S.A. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Paranair - Fleet". Paranair. Compañía de Aviación Paraguaya S.A. Retrieved 8 December 2018.