Swimming Union of the Americas
The Swimming Union of the Americas is the swimming continental association for the Americas (i.e. it oversees international aquatics competition within North and South America). It is commonly referred to as ASUA in English, or by its Spanish and French acronym, UANA – Unión Americana de Natación (Spanish) or Union américaine de natation (French).
ASUA is divided into 4 Zones, each with its own body which organizes competitions. The bodies that oversees these Zones, are:
- Zone 1: CONSANAT—the South American Swimming Confederation (Confederación Sudamericana de Natación).
- Zone 2: CCCAN—the Central American and Caribbean Swimming Confederation (Confederación Centroamericana y del Caribe de Natación).
- Zone 3: United States Aquatic Sports (USAS)
- Zone 4: Aquatic Federation of Canada
Member countries (with FINA abbreviations), by zone:
|3||USAS (1)||USA (USA)|
|4||AFC (1)||Canada (CAN)|
- Artistic Swimming: Pan American Artistic Swimming Championships
- Swimming: UANA Swimming Cup
- Water Polo: UANA Water Polo Cup