Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
चौधरी चरण सिंह अंतर्राष्ट्रीय हवाई अड्डा
Partial image of CCS International Airport
|IATA: LKO – ICAO: VILK|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Serves||Lucknow, Sitapur, Barabanki, Gonda and Balrampur|
|Elevation AMSL||123 m / 404 ft|
Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport (IATA: LKO, ICAO: VILK), is situated at Amausi in the city of Lucknow, India. It is the 13th busiest airport in India and the second busiest & largest in North and Central India after IGI airport Delhi.
Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport covers an area of 4.8035 km2. Management of the airport is solely under Airport Authority of India, a government owned corporation responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India.
The airport was constructed in 1986 to facilitate corporate and government officials. With an increasing number of passengers, AAI decided to upgrade the airport. On 17 July 2008, the Government of India officially renamed the airport Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport. It was granted international status in May 2012.
The airport has two terminals.
- Terminal 1
The airport's original terminal, built to complement Charbagh Railway Station's architecture, is now used for international flights after the opening of Terminal 2. It has two arrival and three departing gates as well as two immigration counters.
- Terminal 2
Airlines and destinations
|Air India||Delhi, Mumbai||2|
|Air India Express||Dubai-International||1|
|IndiGo||Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Patna, Mumbai||2|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Mumbai||2|
|Jet Airways||Abu Dhabi||1|
|Ventura Air Connect||Charter: Allahabad, Bhopal, Dehradun, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Varanasi||2|
|Blue Dart Aviation||Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Mumbai|
|Emirates SkyCargo||Dubai-Al Maktoum|
|Etihad Cargo||Abu Dhabi|
|Jet Airways Cargo||Delhi|
- Traffic Statistics - International Passengers
- Traffic Statistics - International Aircraft Movements
- Traffic Statistics - International Freight
- "The Times Of India". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "Swanky Amausi readyfor take-off after a month". Times of India. 17 Dec 2011.
- "New Terminal At Lucknow Airport". Airport International. 31 May 2012.
- "Vistara adds Lucknow and Bangalore to its network". The Economic Times.
- "Distance Between Charbagh Railway Station Amousi Airport". distancesbetween.com.
- Amausi Airport at Airports Authority of India web site
- Accident history for LKO at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an airport in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|