The Town Hall
|Intercommunality||Vallées de l'Orne et de l'Odon|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Sylvain Colino|
|5.29 km2 (2.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||7–109 m (23–358 ft) |
(avg. 50 m or 160 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Amayéens or Amayéennes
Amayé-sur-Orne is located some 10 km south-west of Caen and 5 km east of Évrecy. It can be accessed by road D212 from Vieux in the north which continues south to Thury-Harcourt and by road D41 from Evrecy in the west which continues to Clinchamps-sur-Orne in the east. Apart from the town there are a number of hamlets close by: Saint-Lambert, La Butte, Le Pont du Coudray, and Les Godets. These villages form a single conurbation with the village. The rest of the commune is entirely farmland.
The eastern border of the commune is formed by the Orne river. A stream, flows through the village and down to the Orne and another stream flowing to the Orne forms the southern boundary of the commune. The Guigne stream forms the northern border of the commune and also flows to the Orne.
Party per fesse, the first gules a Danish cross of Or voided, to dexter chief two lions passant gardant the same; the second Vert, fess in chief argent, a chevron inverted of Or and chief of Or, a castel azure of two towers domed argent with walls sloped.
List of Successive Mayors of Amayé-sur-Orne
(Not all data is known)
- Johannesberg (Germany) since 1991.
Sites and Monuments
- The Ifs Cemetery is a listed site (SC 9 January 1933)
- The 'Butte de l'Orne is another World Heritage Site (SC 9 January 1933)
- A Lavoir (Public laundry)
- The Chateau de la Butte (19th century)
- The Chateau de Vaux (18th century)
- Amayé-sur-Orne on Lion1906
- Amayé-sur-Orne on Google Maps
- Amayé-sur-Orne on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Amayé-sur-Orne on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Amayé-sur-Orne on the INSEE website (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
Notes and references
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- Inhabitants of Calvados (in French)
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France (in French)
- National Commission for Decentralised cooperation (in French)
- DREAL Basse-Normandie (in French)
- Site of Community Importance (SIC) - Attic of the church of Amayé-sur-Orne[permanent dead link], Ministry of Ecology and sustainable development (in French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amayé-sur-Orne.|