Amazing (Inna song)
|Single by Inna|
|from the album Hot|
|Released||6 August 2009|
|Recorded||2008; Play & Win Studios (Constanta, Romania)|
|Length||3:28 (Radio Edit)
4:30 (Club Version by Play & Win)
3:31 (Dj Feel Radio Edit)
|Writer(s)||Sebastian Barac, Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan|
|Producer(s)||Sebastian Barac, Radu Bolfea, Marcel Botezan|
|Inna singles chronology|
"Amazing" is an electro-house song by Romanian recording artist Inna, from her debut album "Hot". The song debuted on Radio 21 FM on August 6, 2009, and was released in October 2009. It brought Inna the first number-one single in her home country Romania. It was released as her fourth single in Romania and the Netherlands and as her second single in the U.K., Germany and France. The music video was shot in Portugal and shows Inna on the beach falling in love with a lifeguard. It is Inna' second successful single worldwide, only behind "Hot". In Romania, Bulgaria and France it is her most successful single to date, peaking at number-one in both Romania and Bulgaria, and at number two in France.
"Amazing" was written by Play & Win in early 2009 for Anca Badiu, a Romanian singer, but because they thought Inna would make a better version of the song, they had Inna record the song. After the premiere of Inna's version, Anca Badiu complained that "Play and Win had stolen her track!".
The music video for "Amazing" was shot in Portugal mainly on the Apples Beach (a.k.a. Praia das Maçãs) on the coast of Sintra at the end of August 2009. Also features several screen shots of other beaches around Ericeira (Mafra) and Guincho Beach near Cascais. The video was directed by Tom Boxer. It had a special appearance at the surf school "Portugal Surf Academia". On August 22, the video was ready and it premiered on Inna's official website in September. On September 15, the Romanian TV channels started to broadcast the video. To promote "Amazing" as the follow-up single of "Hot" in United Kingdom, the video was edited and shortened in May 2010 to suit the official UK. Radio Edit of the song. The new edit is available on YouTube and is also circulating on British music television channels.
"Amazing" had a sensational chart performance on the French Singles Chart as it debuted at number two on June 26, 2010, outperforming its predecessor "Hot", which debuted at number seven and peaked at number six in April 2010. In the Netherlands the song debuted at number sixty-nine on June 12, 2010 and reached its peak position at number twenty-three on July 31, 2010.
The song debuted at number fourteen on the official UK Singles Chart on August 28, 2010, based on digital sales alone. On the Irish Singles Chart "Amazing" debuted at number forty-three on August 19, 2010 due to its strong download sales.
On August 29, 2010, "Amazing" charted at number ten on the Swiss Singles Chart, celebrating the "Highest Debut of the week". The song beat the achievements of its predecessor "Hot", which peaked at number seventeen on May 16, 2010.
In Germany "Amazing" reached the Top 40 of the German Singles Chart as it debuted at number thirty-six on October 11, 2010 and kept its position on the following week. In Lebanon, the song was a hit, where it managed to reach the top 20.
Inna performed "Amazing" live at the ProTVlion (the New Year party drawn by Romanian television channel Pro TV) on December 31, 2009. She has also performed the song live in her Romanian and in her European promo tour in 2009-2010, in countries such as Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Hungary or Russia. She has sung "Amazing" at the Mad VMA 2010, in Greece and at Eska Music Awards 2010, on April 24, in Poland. Inna lipsynched the song at the Romanian Music Awards, in a medley with "Sun is Up" and "Señorita". The song was also covered by Andreea Banica, in an unplugged performance, the same night. Later, Inna performed "Amazing" live, in a medley with "Deja Vu" and "Hot" at Starfloor (France), where she accepted the platinum for her album. The festival took place in Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy. Latter, "Amazing" was added to Inna's setlist for the INNA en Concert tour and it was performed in the Romanian gig INNA: Live la Arenele romane. In July 2011 Inna performed "Amazing" on The NRJ music tour in Beirut. The song was also performed during her 2012 I Am the Club Rocker Tour in North America.
- US digital remix EP
- "Amazing (Buzz Junkies Dub)" - 6:14
- "Amazing (Buzz Junkies Club Remix)" - 6:14
- "Amazing (Buzz Junkies Radio Edit)" - 3:33
- "Amazing (DJ Feel Vox Dub)" - 6:17
- "Amazing (DJ Feel Original Club Remix)" - 6:12
- "Amazing (DJ Feel Radio Edit)" - 3:37
- "Amazing (Almighty Club Remix)" - 7:33
- "Amazing (Almighty Radio Edit)" - 3:58
- "Amazing (Frisco Club Remix)" - 5:00
- "Amazing (Frisco Radio Edit)" - 3:14
- "Amazing (Play & Win Extended Version)" - 4:31
- "Amazing (Play & Win Radio Edit Version)" - 3:30
- UK digital download
- "Amazing (UK Radio Edit Version)" - 2:20
- '"Amazing (Original Mix)" -3:34
*sales figures based on certification alone
|France||June 21, 2009||CD single|
|United Kingdom||August 15, 2009/August 28, 2009||Digital download/CD single|
|Germany||September 24, 2009||CD single, digital download|
|United States||August 10, 2010||digital download, remix EP|
Chart successions and precedessions
"I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" by Pitbull
|Romanian Top 100 number-one singles
October 18, 2009 - November 15, 2009
"I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas
"I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)" by Pitbull
|Bulgarian Airplay Chart number-one singles
October 18, 2009 - November 8, 2009
"Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga
- cancan.ro. "Mi-au furat piesa şi i-au dat-o Innei!". Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- codrosu.ro. "Scandal între Anca Badiu, Inna şi PlayandWin totul pentru melodia Amazing". Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- radioboss.ro. "Scandal în lumea muzicala: Anca Badiu acuză Play and Win". Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- wikipedia.pt. "Praia das Maçãs". Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- stiumuzica.ro. "Amazing, noul videoclip Inna". Retrieved 4 October 2009.
- Lester, Paul (May 20, 2011). "Inna (No 1,027)". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "Inna Nielsen". inna.ro. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
- Published Wednesday, Aug 18 2010, 16:18 BST (2010-08-18). "Eminem on course to top singles chart - Music News". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Austriancharts.at – Inna – Amazing" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40.
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – Amazing" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – Amazing" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "WEEK52 21.12-27.12.2009" Airplay Top 5. Bulgarian Association of Music Producers.
- Bulgarian chart history for Inna (click song to see peak positions)
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201004 into search.
- "European Hot 100". billboard. Archived from the original on 10 July 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "Lescharts.com – Inna – Amazing" (in French). Les classement single.
- "lescharts.com – Les charts français" (in French). Les classement de telechargement single.
- "Musicline.de – Inna Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ" (in Hungarian). Dance Top 40 lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track: Week 28, 2010". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Inna search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Tutti i successi del 2010". Hit Parade Italia. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "Listy bestsellerów, wyróżnienia :: Związek Producentów Audio-Video". Polish Dance Top 50. Retrieved 2011-12-22.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201033 into search.
- "Swisscharts.com – Inna – Amazing". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2010-08-28" UK Singles Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2010-08-28" UK Download Chart.
- "Archive Chart: 2010-08-28" UK Dance Chart.
- (English) Telegraf Rock-ul, cenzurat de posturile româneşti de radio
- "tophit.ru Airplay Detection TOPHIT 200 Yearly". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Ultratop Belgian Charts" (in French). Ultratop. Hung Medien. 2010-12-26. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- "European Hot 100". Billboard.com. 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Classement des 100 premiers Singles Fusionnés par GfK Music
- Classement des titres les plus écoutés en radio au cours de l’année 2010
- "Top cele mai difuzate piese in Romania in 2010". Beatfactor.ro. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Топ-100. Горячие Новости: Топ-100 лучших песен 2010 года".
- "INNA - AMAZING @leschartes" (in French). SNEP. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- "InfoDisc>Ventes en 2011". Infodisc FR. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
[[pt:Hot (álbum de Inna)]