|Industry||Hotspot and Billing Software|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Raj Oruganti, Fredrik Lindgren|
AmazingPorts is a Linux-based firewall customised for use as a firewall, captive portal and billing system (Hotspots). The project started in 2001 with the purpose of creating a scalable solution for commercial and free networks.
AmazingPorts is mainly deployed as an access control system in private and public networks:
- Single Hotspot Controller in: Airports, Hotels, private locations and Hospitals
- Internet cafe solutions (first in Europe to offer 802.11a together with Intel)
- Property Internet management solution
- Metro Wifi solutions 
- ADSL to WiFi Roaming 
AmazingPorts was created in 2001 with an initial vision of building WiFi networks. Later the company has refocused and now provide its technology to network builders. The company implemented Service Oriented Provisioning in 2002 and was the first to implement 802.11a public hotspots in Europe. During 2009 and 2010 the administrative system was updated significantly.
AmazingPorts implements complex features, all available in the free version except some API functionality
- Service Oriented Provisioning
- Distributed and/or centralised routing
- Fully customisable and language sensitive Captive portal
- Or any third party web page
- DHCP Server
- Integrated PayPal payments supporting many currencies
- Automatic currency updates from ECB
- Roles based Administration
- Seamless Roaming
- Compliance with the anti-terrorist Directive 2006/24/EC
- "AmazingPorts offers first 802.11a hotspot access in Europe" (Press release) (in German). Intel. 5 August 2002. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- "Mobilt bredband utmed Norr Mälarstrand" (in Swedish). Computer Sweden. 2004-01-23. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- Ryberg, Jonas (2002-08-21). "Providing roaming for ADSL customers of Telia Sonera" (in Swedish). Ny Teknik. Retrieved 5 June 2010.
- Ellison, Carol (2003-12-05). "Very Early seamless roaming". Channel Insider. Retrieved 5 June 2010.