AmazonFresh is a subsidiary of the American e-commerce company Amazon.com in Seattle, Washington. It is a grocery delivery service currently available in some U.S. states, Berlin (including Potsdam), Hamburg, London, Munich, and Tokyo.
History and business model
AmazonFresh has rolled out its services gradually, targeting specific parts of various metropolitan areas and partnering with local speciality stores for delivery of local items. (The website allows users to check availability by ZIP code.)
In March 2017, Amazon announced the beta launch, on March 29, 2017, of AmazonFresh Pickup, a drive-in-type grocery store for Amazon Prime subscribers. It's a delivery service that lets users shop online, reserve times to pick up the groceries, and have them loaded into their cars at the store.
In Germany, the product range is 85,000 products. The Rewe grocery delivery accounts for 9,000 products.
On November 2, 2017, Amazon announced it was discontinuing its Fresh service to areas in California, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
AmazonFresh offers grocery items for sale, as well as a subset of items from the main Amazon.com storefront. Items ordered through AmazonFresh are available for home delivery on the same day or the next day, depending on the time of the order and the availability of trucks. As of the 11th October 2017, AmazonFresh sold a range of Booths branded products for home delivery in selected areas.
- "Lieferdienst für Lebensmittel: In dieser deutschen Stadt will "Amazon Fresh" nun starten". faz.net.
- Darrell Etherington (28 March 2017). "Amazon debuts AmazonFresh Pickup, drive-up groceries delivered to your trunk". TechCrunch. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- Anita Balakrishnan (28 March 2017). "Amazon Prime members can soon buy groceries from their phones, and have them delivered to their cars". CNBC. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- Heuzeroth, Thomas (2017-05-04). "Amazon Fresh: Lebensmittelversand startet in Deutschland". DIE WELT. Retrieved 2018-09-27.
- Ruddick, Graham (2016-02-29). "Amazon to start selling fresh and frozen Morrisons food". The Guardian. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Amazon's prepackaged Meal Kits are reportedly already on sale". theverge.com. 18 July 2017. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- Jason Del Rey (3 November 2017). "Amazon is shutting down its Fresh grocery delivery service in parts of five states". recode.net. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- "Booths teams up with Amazon to sell down South for the first time". Telegraph. 11 October 2017. Retrieved 11 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amazon Fresh.|
- Official website (US)