Ervin in 2012
February 23, 1979
Turlock, California, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 8 3⁄4 in (2.05 m)|
Erika Ervin (born February 23, 1979), known professionally as Amazon Eve, is an American model, fitness trainer, and actress. She has appeared on the cover of Australian magazine Zoo Weekly and played a regular character on American Horror Story: Freak Show and in American Horror Story: Apocalypse. At 6 feet 8 inches (2.03 m) tall,
Early life and education
Ervin was born in Turlock, California, assigned male, and by age 14 was 5'11". She grew 9 inches taller over the next four years. Ervin attended college in the Bay Area of California and studied theater arts and business management.
Ervin ventured to obtain roles as an actress but gave up on the idea when she was constantly offered roles as an alien or monster. Later she studied law and exercise physiology. Tired of the office life that she had pursued and unhappy with her weight, she joined a gym but strove for an unrealistic size 0 physique that almost resulted in ending her life. Eventually she developed a healthier body image and began to view herself as a super-sized version of Super Woman and became a personal trainer devoted to instilling realistic expectations for herself and her clients. She tours the world participating in height comparison photo shoots and regular modeling jobs and posts her tour on her website.
In the September 2013 issue of Harper's Bazaar, Carine Roitfeld, former editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris, wrote an article, "Carine Roitfeld's 'Singular Beauties'", with photographs by Karl Lagerfeld. The article includes 25 models and is "an homage to the diversity of women". Among the models are Scarlett Johansson, Carmen Dell'Orefice (82 years old), Gabourey Sidibe, and Ervin who is paired with 5'9" Xiao Wen. There is also a video about the making of the article in which Xiao Wen and Ervin appear.
Ervin underwent sex reassignment surgery in 2004. In interviews Ervin has talked about the problems of being a tall woman. Other topics she has addressed include her troubles growing up dealing with teasing in high school, family problems and her modeling experience.
|2011||Google Maps is Watching You||N/A||Short film|
|2017||Whitney's Wedding||N/A||Short film|
|2017||Falling South||N/A||Short film|
|2013||Family Tools||Tall Client Lady||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2013||Hemlock Grove||Shelley Godfrey||5 episodes|
|2014–2015||American Horror Story: Freak Show||Amazon Eve||13 episodes|
|2018||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Lady Karaba||Episode: "Fun & Games"|
|2018||American Horror Story: Apocalypse||The Fist||3 episodes|
- "Hoffman:At nearly 6 feet 9, Ervin stands tall". Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "AMAZON EVE - Resume". Artist International. Retrieved June 20, 2019.
- Torbjörn Ek (April 15, 2014). "Supermodellen Erika "Amazon Eve" Ervin: Jag föddes som William" [Supermodel Erika "Amazon Eve" Ervin: I was born as William] (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. Retrieved April 27, 2014.
- Ortenzi, Tj (November 25, 2009). "Amazon Eve, Tall Model, Towers Above Others". The Huffington Post. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Amazon Eve is Not Your Typical Model". The Cleveland Leader. November 28, 2009. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Amazon Eve: World's Tallest Glamour Model In Pictures". Anorak news. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- Wong, Curtis (October 7, 2014). "Transgender Actress Erika Ervin On Her 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Role". The Huffington Post. Retrieved October 26, 2014.
- "American Horror Story: Apocalypse Trailer: All the Clues and Spoilers You Missed | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. September 5, 2018. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Kar, Meena (January 21, 2010). "World's Tallest Model Amazon Eve Set To Appear In Cover Page Of Australian Magazine". Thaindian News. Retrieved February 7, 2010.
- Martens, Maegan (January 7, 2011). "World's tallest model sprouts from Turlock". Turlock Journal. Archived from the original on February 4, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2012.
- De Giorgio, Lorianna (March 2, 2011). "Amazon Eve: This model's not to scale". Toronto Star. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- Ashley (February 9, 2011). "World's Tallest Model Talks About Body Image :: Interview with Amazon Eve". nourishing the soul. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "Tallest professional model". Guinness World Records. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Roitfeld, Carine; Karl Lagerfeld (September 2013). "Carine Roitfelt's 'Singular Beauties'". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Roitfeld, Carine (September 2013). Behind-the-scenes video: Carine Roitfeld's Singular Beauties. 0:44: Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved October 25, 2013.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Amazon Eve (March 8, 2011). "Meet Amazon Eve, The World's Tallest Model; Being tall". NewYorkLive (Interview). Interviewed by LX New York. New York: WNBC 4. Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amazon Eve.|