|Industry||Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO), Capital Markets|
Fixed Income and Credit Research
Regulatory Compliance support
Sales and Marketing support
Number of employees
Amba Research is a Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) firm providing investment research and analytics support services to the global capital markets industry. Copal Amba was formed when Moody’s acquired Copal Partners in 2011 and Copal Partners acquired Amba Research in 2013, creating a combined entity called Copal Amba.
Amba Research was founded in 2003 by four senior directors of research from Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, and JP Morgan: Andrew Houston, Mohan Alexander, Brad West, and Anand Aithal. It opened its first facility in October 2003 in Sri Lanka and its second office in June 2004 in Singapore. In February 2005, Amba Research entered India, and in June 2006, the firm launched operations in Costa Rica. The company's name is a combination of the first letter of each of the founders' names.
According to Amba Research, it ranked the top Investment Research Support Provider in the 2010 Black Book of Outsourcing survey. The NOA Outsourcing Yearbook 2010, published by the National Outsourcing Association (NOA), UK, included Amba Research in its "Ones to Watch" section.
Amba Research offers the following services:
- Equity Research
- Fixed Income and Credit Research
- Quantitative Services
- Research Production
- Corporate Finance
- Sales and Marketing Support
- Regulatory Compliance Support Services
- Fund Marketing Services
- Colombo, Sri Lanka - Amba Research Lanka (Private) Limited
- Bangalore, India - Amba Research (India) Private Limited
- San José, Costa Rica - Amba Research Costa Rica S.A
- New York, USA - Amba Research USA Inc.
- London, UK - Amba Research UK Limited
- Singapore - Amba Research Singapore (Pte) Ltd
Amba Research Costa Rica was ranked the 5th great place to work in Costa Rica and the 29th in Central America & the Caribbean in the 2012 Great Place to Work Central America and the Caribbean Survey.
Notes and references
- National Outsourcing Association (2010) "Ones to Watch" 2010 Outsourcing Yearbook p. 44.