|Directed by||Mandeep Kumar|
|Produced by||Tips Industries Limited|
|Written by||Dheeraj Rattan|
|Screenplay by||Dheeraj Rattan|
Navneet Kaur Dhillon
|Music by||Jatinder Shah|
|Edited by||Manish More|
|Distributed by||Tips Industries Limited|
White Hill Studios
|139 minutes |
|Box office||est. ₹21.22 crore (US$3.1 million)|
Ambarsariya is an Indian Punjabi comedy thriller film directed by Mandeep Kumar, written by Dheeraj Rattan and starring Diljit Dosanjh, Monica Gill, Navneet Kaur Dhillon, Lauren Gottlieb as the main cast of the film and was released worldwide on 25 March 2016.
Jatt Ambarsariya alias Diljit Singh (Diljit Dosanjh) lives a dual life as a RAW agent and insurance agent. He is put on a mission to save the honest and idealistic Home Minister of Punjab from a drug mafia who is plotting the minister's murder.
During the course of the mission, Jatt Ambarsariya meets Jasleen Kaur (Navneet Kaur Dhillon), his boss at the insurance company, and Kirat (Monica Gill), his landlord. In accomplishing his mission, he falls in love with both of them and the same goes for them, resulting in a love triangle. But Ambarsariya, being true to his job, breaks their hearts.
- Diljit Dosanjh as Jatt Ambarsariya alias Diljit Singh, an Insurance Agent/RAW agent
- Navneet Kaur Dhillon as Jasleen Kaur, Insurance office boss
- Monica Gill as Kirat, Landlord's Daughter
- Lauren Gottlieb as Manpreet, a photographer
- Gul Panag as Geet Sandhu, Officer RAW Intelligence Department
- Gurpreet Ghuggi as Manpreet, a Doctor (Hakim)
- Rana Ranbir as Manpreet, a Bhangra Teacher
- Karamjit Anmol as Dhabha Owner
- Binnu Dhillon as Punjab Police
- Ravinder Mand as Dhaba Employee
- Raghuveer Boli as Punjab Police Constable
- Shavinder Mahal as Punjab Home Minister
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Jatt Ambarsariya's Landlord
- Seema Kaushal as Landlord's wife
Ambarsariya is second film of Diljit Dosanjh with director Mandeep Kumar after film Jihne Mera Dil Luteya (also with same producer, Kumar Taurani of Tips). Diljit Dosanjh turned tutor for Lauren Gottlieb and taught her the punjabi language on set. Femina Miss India 2013 winner Navneet Kaur Dhillon revealed that working with Diljit Dosanjh is dream come true for her. The film is shot at different locations in the holy city, Amritsar. Diljit also revealed that the holy city of Amritsar is one of his favourite destinations for movie shooting. Singh Saab the Great actress Urvashi Rautela was first cast in a lead role for the film but she was not able to, due to date issues.
|1.||"Pagg Wala Munda"||Diljit Dosanjh||Happy Raikoti||Jatinder Shah||3:03|
|2.||"Ju Think"||Deep Arraicha||2:46|
Release and marketing
Ambarsariya was released in many new countries like France, Austria alongside the key international markets on 25 March 2016 like India, Pakistan, Canada, UK, US, Australia, and New Zealand. Ambarsariya was also second film of Diljit Dosanjh after his Jatt & Juliet 2 to be released in various theatres across Pakistani Punjab but was banned by Pakistan's Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) alongside Punjab Board of Film Certification (PBFC) and Sindh Board of Film Certification (SBFC) due to direct references to Indian intelligence agency RAW in the film.
During Ambarsariya's promotions in New Delhi, Diljit dedicated a song for Alia Bhatt's 23rd birthday (also his co-star in Udta Punjab). The cast of the film also appeared on Krishna Abhishek's show Comedy Nights Live to promote their film. Singer Mika Singh support the Diljit. Lauren Gottlieb revealed her role as an Indo-Canadian Punjabi girl and also praised Punjab liking Punjabi culture, food, colours, clothes as well as Diljit as a rockstar, Singer, actor, dancer. During the promotions, Diljit recalled to Mumbai Mirror about his meeting with Anushka Sharma's co-producer brother, Karnesh and writer-director Anshai Lal for Bollywood film Phillauri in December 2015 admitting that Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi as his favourite Anushka film. Diljit also visited office of Box Office India with Mandeep Kumar for an interview. Diljit Dosanjh also translated some iconic Hindi dialogues into Punjabi during a visit to The Times of India's Noida office. There, he also revealed that during his visit to YouTube headquarters in US, they told him that Delhi searches him the most on YouTube so he is very thankful to the people of Delhi. Diljit told CNN-IBN that they have talked about Sardar Udham Singh (Tiger of Punjab) in the film alongside dealing with some issues that have been ailing Punjab thus film comes with several important lessons. Diljit stated his dream role that he would love to play a pirate similar to Johnny Depp did in the blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean series.
Ambarsariya grossed ₹3.10 crore (US$450,000) on its first day Box office earnings excluding US, Canada and few other markets. Movie however failed to beat the opening weekend business record of Sardaar Ji as movie was released in over 114 screens and collected approximately ₹5.40 crore (US$780,000) at the overseas box office in the first weekend. It also beat John Abraham's Rocky Handsome in all international markets except in US. Ambarsariya minted ₹6.2 crore (US$900,000) from India and in the international markets it shattered the records of Airlift as it minted ₹1.24 crore (US$180,000) from the US box office, ₹1.51 crore (US$220,000) from Canada box office, ₹93.8 lakh (US$140,000) from the UK-Ireland box office, ₹1.26 crore (US$180,000) from Australia and ₹44.15 lakh (US$64,000) from New Zealand. Film was blockbuster hit with a box office collection of ₹7 crore (US$1.0 million) from four-day run in India. The film Crossed ₹12 crore (US$1.7 million) in 10 Days.
Subhash K. Jha in his review appreciated the film. Amann Khuranaa of The Times of India praised the film's script, describing it as "beautifully penned" and noting that it had "done justice to every character." Khuranaa also praised Dosanjh's comic timing, a sentiment shared by Jasmine Singh of The Tribune who wrote, "The actor is like nitrous oxide that spreads a wave of laughter by just saying a word or even maintaining a poker face." Khuranaa also praised the film's direction, as did Singh, who wrote, "The director needs a pat for handling so many characters, pretty much in a balanced way." Divya Pal of CNN-IBN described the film as "unpredictable and enjoyable."
- "Photos: Diljit Dosanjh's and Simran Singh's behind-the-scenes moments from the sets of 'Ambarsariya'". IBNLive. 4 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "ਕਪਤਾਨ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਆਏਗਾ ਅੰਬਰਸਰੀਆ !".
- "AMBARSARIYA". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Ambarsariya Continues Strong Run". Box Office India. 4 April 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- Hooli, Shekhar H (12 April 2016). "'Ambarsariya' continues to dominate 'Love Punjab,' 'Ardaas' at overseas box office". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- Service, Tribune News (30 September 2015). "Wandering falcon". tribuneindia.com/news/life-style/wandering-falcon/138952.html. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- India (27 August 2015). "Lauren Gottlieb ready to do 'dhamaal' with Diljit Dosanjh". The Indian Express. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Lauren Gottlieb to make her Punjabi film debut oppite Diljit Dosanjh". The Times of India. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Diljit Dosanjh - AJ DA BEEMA KAL DI MUSKAAN 😁😀Koi..." Facebook. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Actress Lauren Gottlieb to turn photographer for Punjabi film "Ambarsariya"". Bollywood Dhamaka. 14 June 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "This film's star cast includes Diljit Dosanjh, Monika Bedi, Gul Panag and Gurpreet Ghugi".
- "When you go for the trailer launch of Ambarsariya and come face to face with the entire cast, you move your gaze from one to the other and try to extract the complete story".
- "Punjabi superstar Diljit Dosanjh turns Lauren Gottlieb's tutor for 'Ambarsariya'".
- "Diljit turns Lauren's Punjabi tutor". deccanchronicle.com/. 9 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Navneet Kaur Dhillon "Working With Diljit Dosanjh, Dream come true"".
- "ਸ੍ਰੀ ਹਰਿਮੰਦਰ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਪਲਾਜ਼ਾ ਨੇੜੇ ਫ਼ਿਲਮ ਦੀ ਸ਼ੂਟਿੰਗ ਸ਼ੋ੍ਰਮਣੀ ਕਮੇਟੀ ਨੇ ਕਰਵਾਈ ਬੰਦ". ਅਜੀਤ: ਪੰਜਾਬ/ਜਨਰਲ (in Punjabi). 28 October 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Lauren Gottlieb "Ambarsariya" sweetest moment".
- ANI (11 March 2016). "Amritsar is my favourite shooting destination: Diljit Dosanjh". Business Standard News. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- (BNS), Reet Menghnani (1 September 2015). "'I Can Perform Eight Forms Of Dancing'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Lakshmi, V (29 March 2016). "Urvashi Rautela dazzles at 'Ambarsariya's screening". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's new peppy track 'Pagg Wala Munda' appeals to the youth".
- Offensive, Marking Them (15 March 2016). "'Ju think' from 'Ambarsariya': Diljit Dosanjh drinks and dances his heart out". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Ambarsariya (22 March 2016). "Ambarsariya releasing in Pakistan". Ambarsariya. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Indian Punjabi film banned in Pakistan". The Express Tribune. 31 March 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Diljit Dosanjh croons 'Happy b'day' to Alia Bhatt, Science , Aninews". AniNews.inhkj,jj,jhing breaking text & video news site. 13 March 2016. Archived from the original on 4 April 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- India (23 February 2016). "I like everything about Punjab: Lauren Gotileb shares her journey from LA to Punjab via Mumbai". The Indian Express. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- Iyer, Sanyukta IyerSanyukta; Mirror, Mumbai (10 March 2016). "'I was completely awed by Anushkaji'". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Lions Of Punjab". Box Office India : India’s premier film trade magazine. 19 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "WATCH: Diljit Dosanjh translates iconic Hindi dialogues into Punjabi".
- "Diljit Dosanjh: Delhi searches me the most on YouTube".
- "'Ambarsariya' isn't just about good humour, it also offers several valuable lessons: Diljit Dosanjh".
- "Being spiritual helps me create good music: Diljit Dosanjh". hindustantimes.com/. 14 March 2016. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "'ਅੰਬਰਸਰਿਆ' ਨੇ ਤੋੜੇ 'ਸਰਦਾਰ ਜੀ' ਦੇ ਰਿਕਾਰਡ?".
- "'Ambarsariya' overseas box office collection: Diljit Dosanjh's latest film fails to beat 'Sardaar Ji' business record".
- Mehta, Ankita (28 March 2016). "Box office collection: 'Rocky Handsome' records low opening weekend; ' Punjabi film 'Ambarsariya' beats 'Airlift' overseas". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Box office collection: 'Kapoor and Sons' set to beat Ranbir-Deepika film's record; 'Ambarsariya' becomes blockbuster".
- "10th Day: Ambarsariya Total Collection after 2nd Weekend in India". Box Office Collection India - Movie Business Record & Review. 4 April 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- →, View all posts by Subhash K Jha (27 March 2016). "Subhash K Jha Reviews Diljit Dosanjh's Ambarsariya". BollySpice.com. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "A dish of many ingredients".
- "'Ambarsariya' review: Keeps you on the edge of your seat for the most part".