(Redirected from Ambavade)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|No. of Houses||64||-||-|
- The family origins of B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian jurist, politician and social reformer from Maharashtra is from this village. His original surname was Sakpal but his father registered his name to school in Ambadawekar, comes from this native village name 'Ambadawe'. His Brahmin teacher, Krishnaji Keshav Ambedkar, who was fond of him, changed his surname from odd to pronunc 'Ambadawekar' to his own surname 'Ambedkar' in school records.
- "आंबडवे नाव योग्यच – खासदार अमर साबळे". 14 April 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "डॉ. बाबासाहेब आंबेडकर यांचे मूळ गाव आंबवडे येथे आंतरराष्ट्रीय दर्जाचे शैक्षणिक संकुल". Loksatta. 18 April 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "आंबेडकर गुरुजींचं कुटुंब जपतंय सामाजिक वसा, कुटुंबानं सांभाळल्या 'त्या' आठवणी". divyamarathi. 26 December 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Villagers donate land for college in Maharashtra". Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Bhim, Eklavya". www.outlookindia.com. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ambadawe.|
|This Ratnagiri district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|