Ambedkar University Delhi
The University logo with a Bodhi tree motif
|Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi, Ambedkar University Delhi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Anu Singh Lather|
|199 (as on 31 March 2014)|
|Students||1438 (as on 31 March 2014)|
|Undergraduates||546 (as on 31 March 2014)|
|Postgraduates||795 (as on 31 March 2014)|
|97 (as on 31 March 2014)|
Old Delhi (Kashmere Gate campus) - 16 acres
West Delhi (Karampura campus)
South Delhi (Lodhi Road campus) - 2 acres
North Delhi (Dheerpur campus - under construction) - 110 acres
North-West Delhi (Rohini campus)
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission, Association of Indian Universities|
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi, formerly Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi and Ambedkar University Delhi, and simply AUD, is a state university established by the Government of the NCT of Delhi through an Act of the Delhi Legislature. The University began functioning in August 2008. It is a Unitary non-affiliating University whose main focus is on undergraduate and postgraduate studies and on research in the Humanities and the Social Sciences. It is completely funded by the State Government of the NCT of Delhi. The University is now declared eligible to receive Central Government Assistance. The university has been graded 'A' by National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It is named after Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, an Indian jurist, political leader, academic and the architect of the Indian Constitution.
AUD is a multi-campus University with planned facilities across the city. AUD presently has three campuses - in Kashmere Gate, Karampura and, Lodhi Road, where 40 undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes are currently on offer.
The Kashmere Gate campus is housed in the erstwhile Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University campus, along with Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women. The historical campus originally built for Delhi College of Engineering also houses the 300-year-old Dara Shikoh library. It is located close to the Delhi Vidhan Sabha, Old Delhi Railway Station, St. James' Church, Delhi and Red Fort and of course Kashmiri Gate (it is the northern gate to the historic walled city of Delhi. Built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the gate is so named because it used to start a road that led to Kashmir). It is accessible by the red, the yellow and the violet line of Delhi Metro. It is a five-minute walk from the Kashmere Gate metro station. The graffiti walls of Kashmiri Gate campus increases enthusiasm of true liberals on daily basis.
The School of Education Studies shifted to a new campus located in Lodhi Road in September 2017. The campus was earlier a Govt. Co-ed Sr. Sec. School. The campus can be accessed through two metro stations namely, Jor Bagh metro station and Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium metro station.
The Directorate of Higher Education, Government of the NCT of Delhi handed over the old campus of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College of University of Delhi in the Karampura area of West Delhi to AUD. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College will move to its new campus in Dwarka.
The University is developing two new campuses in Rohini Sector 3 and in Dheerpur. These campuses will be ready by 2020. The 110 acre Dheerpur campus will include a 60-acre biodiversity park to conserve the wetlands. The future campus is planned to be energy-efficient, ecologically-frugal and disabled-friendly. It will include academic, residential, recreational and social facilities for students and staff.
- School of Undergraduate Studies
- School of Development Studies
- School of Global Affairs
- School of Human Ecology
- School of Human Studies
- School of Culture and Creative Expressions
- School of Design
- School of Business, Public Policy and Social Entrepreneurship
- School of Educational Studies
- School of Law, Governance and Citizenship
- School of Liberal Studies
- School of Vocational Studies
- Centre for Community Knowledge
- Centre for Development Practice
- Centre for Social Science Research Methods
- Centre for Early Childhood Education and Development
- Centre for Psychotherapy and Clinical Research
- Centre for Urban Ecology and Sustainability
- AUD Centre for Incubation, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- (PDF) http://aud.ac.in/upload/2018/announcement/22feb2019/vc-aud.pdf. Missing or empty
- "About AUD". Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- "Ambedkar University, Delhi" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 November 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "NAAC acrreditation Certificate" (PDF). Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Admission to Karampura Campus" (PDF). Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "AUD New Campus". Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Ambedkar University, Delhi". Retrieved 17 February 2011.