|Genres||Neoclassical dark wave, dark ambient, post-rock, gothic rock, folk metal, avant-garde metal|
|Labels||Profound Lore Records (present)
Release Entertainment (1997–2000)
Amber Asylum is a highly variable San Francisco-based music group that serves as a platform for composer, singer, and multi-instrumentalist Kris Force. The current lineup of Amber Asylum includes, in addition to Kris Force, Fern Lee Alberts (Deathgrave), Sarah Rosalena Brady and Becky Hawk (Laudanum). Other members and performers have included Steve Von Till (Neurosis), Annabel Lee, Martha Burns, long-time collaborator Jackie Perez Gratz (Grayceon/Giant Squid/Asunder), Erica Stoltz (Lost Goat, Sanhedrin), Wendy Farina, Lorraine Rath (The Gault/Worm Ouroboros), Sarah Schaffer (The Gault/Weakling), John Cobbet (Hammers of Misfortune/Ludicra, Vhol), Eric Wood (Man Is The Bastard, Bastard Noise), Leila Abdul-Rauf (Saros, Vastum, Hammers of Misfortune, Bastard Noise, Ionophore), Chiyo Nukaga (Noothgrush/Graves At Sea), Andrew Veskoukis (Akphaezya) and Sigrid Sheie (Hammers of Misfortune, Vhol). 
- Frozen in Amber (1996, Elfenblut/Misanthropy) (reissued 2003, Neurot Recordings)
- The Natural Philosophy of Love (1997, Relapse Records)
- Songs of Sex and Death (1999, Relapse Records)
- The Supernatural Parlour Collection (2000, Relapse Records)
- GardenOfLoveAutonomySuiteStillPoint 10" vinyl EP, (2005, Self Released)
- Garden of Love EP, (2006, Paradigms Recordings)
- Still Point (2007, Profound Lore Records)
- Bitter River (2009, Profound Lore Records)
- Sin Eater (2015, Prophecy Productions)
- Anthology 1995-2015 (2015, Prophecy Productions)
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Amber Asylum". MusicMight. Retrieved May 25, 2010.
- Release Entertainment biography.
- House of Tudor, Silke Tudor, SF Weekly, January 22, 2003. Accessed on line December 2, 2007.
- Amber Asylum, biography, AllMusic. Accessed on line December 2, 2007.
- Discography from official web site.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|