Rose at the People magazine
awards in December 2014
October 21, 1983
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
|Spouse(s)||Wiz Khalifa (m. 2013–14)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||140 lb (63 kg)|
|Hair color||Natural brunette (dyed blonde with buzz cut)|
Amber Levonchuck (born October 21, 1983), better known by her stage name Amber Rose, is a model, fashion designer and actress.
Amber Levonchuck was born on October 21, 1983 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to father Michael Levonchuck, who served in the military for 20 years and her mother, Dorothy Rose. Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean and Scottish descent. She has one brother named Antonio Hewlett. Rose grew up in South Philadelphia.
In September 2009, Rose announced plans to launch her own eyewear line. She walked the runway at New York Fashion Week for "Celestino," Rose has also made cameos in music videos such as Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack," Young Jeezy's "Vacation," Wiz Khalifa's "No Sleep," Fabolous' "You Be Killin' Em," and Ludacris' "What Them Girls Like."
In 2010, she appeared in Russell Simmons' reality show about his two assistants, "Running Russell Simmons". She also starred in a PSA by NOH8 Campaign. In 2011, Amber Rose was a guest judge on Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race. She was also a judge on Season 2 of Master of the Mix. In November 2011, she became the spokesperson for Smirnoff and appeared in television ads and billboards for the company's new flavors Whipped Cream and Fluffed Marshmallow.
Rose released her debut single "Fame", which features Wiz Khalifa, in January 10, 2012, followed by a second single, titled "Loaded", released on February 6, 2012. She then appeared in the eleventh track of her ex-husband's album O.N.I.F.C., titled "Rise Above", along with rappers Tuki Carter and Pharrell Williams, who produced the song himself.
She was managed by Leticia "Tish" Cyrus, mother of singer Miley Cyrus, who is a close friend to Rose and her ex-husband Wiz Khalifa. Rose guest-starred on an episode of Wild 'N Out on MTV2, and had a role as "MaryWanna" in the film School Dance, which was directed by her manager, Nick Cannon in 2014.
Rose partnered with publisher Simon & Schuster for the release of her first book, entitled How to Be a Bad Bitch, in which she offers advice and personal anecdotes on everything from finances and career to love and fashion. The cover features an image shot by famed photographer David LaChapelle.
In 2015, Amber Rose filmed, "Walk Of No Shame with Amber Rose," with Funny Or Die The viral video helped promote Amber Rose's Slut Walk, which took place on October 3, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.
Rose began dating rapper Wiz Khalifa in early 2011. The couple got engaged on March 1, 2012, and married on July 8, 2013. Their son Sebastian Taylor Thomaz was born on February 21, 2013. Rose, Khalifa, and their son divided their time between homes in Los Angeles and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Rose filed for divorce from Khalifa on September 22, 2014, citing irreconcilable differences and planned to take full custody of son Sebastian. As of 2015, Rose and Khalifa have joint custody of their son.
In May 2015, rumors surfaced alleging Rose and rapper Machine Gun Kelly were dating. Kelly later confirmed the speculations. Amber confirmed the relationship as well, during an interview on Real 92.3 on June 2, 2015, saying: "We're dating. We're just getting to know each other," she admitted. "He's a really nice guy. He treats me really, really nice, and I have a blast with him." MGK and Rose split up in October 2015, however, with MGK announcing the breakup during an interview with Ebro on Hot 97. He cited the complications presented with having a high profile relationship, referring to Lamar Odom's hospitalization on October 13, as the rationale for terminating the relationship.
|2007||A Haunting||Jessie||1 episode|
|2008||Better Off Alone||Jennifer||Short Film|
|2011||RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself||Guest Judge|
|2011–2012||Master of the Mix||Judge|
|2012||Gang of Roses 2: Next Generation||Tara X||Film|
|2014||Selfie||Fit Brit||TV series|
- "Amber Rose > Full Biography". VH1. Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Rose&Ono". Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Amber Rose searches her ancestry". twitter.com.
- "Amber Rose sexuality". Globalgrind.com. July 21, 2011. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Amber Rose Hosts TAO BEACH". gettyimages.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Ponce, Gina (June 15, 2010). "Coming up Rose". YRB. Archived from the original on August 15, 2010.
- "Kanye West's ex Amber Rose says she was a stripper at age 15". Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- blackbookmag.com Rose Disrobes for LV advertisements
- "Rap Up". Rap Up. March 16, 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Ford No Longer Represents Amber Rose". New York Magazine. December 17, 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "NOH8 Campaign PSA No. 3 I am Human". Noh8campaign.com. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Amber Rose In Smirnoff Vodka Commercial (VIDEO)". huffington post. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Amber Rose Readies First Single with Wiz Khalifa". Rap-Up.com. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- "Amber Rose - Loaded". youtube. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Rise Above (feat. Pharrell, Tuki Carter & Amber Rose)". allmusic.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Amber Rose and Priscilla Ono". Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose sat down for their first interview as husband and wife". August 29, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Wild N Out Season 6 Ep 10 - Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa". Youtube. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Amber Rose Reveals "How To Be A Bad Bitch" Book Cover". BallerStatus.com. June 7, 2015.
- "Amber Rose – a star is ‘shorn’". New York Post.
- Christie D'Zurilla (March 2, 2012). "Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa engaged; 'Love Is Everywhere'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Tie the Knot". Billboard. July 8, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Welcome Son Sebastian Taylor". People. February 21, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa Buys House in Pennsylvania for nearly $1M". complex.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "So What He Bought a House? Wiz Khalifa Digs Into Pittsburgh 'Burbs". .zillow.com. March 28, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Wiz Khalifa buys $900K home for fiancee Amber Rose". March 29, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Corriston, Michele (September 24, 2014). "Amber Rose Is Divorcing Wiz Khalifa". People. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- Claire Rutter (March 29, 2015). "Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa ‘settle for joint custody over son Sebastian’". Mirror. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- "Machine Gun Kelly on Dating Amber Rose: 'It Wasn't Anything I Planned'". Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Amber Rose Opens Up About Relationship With Machine Gun Kelly". BallerStatus.com. June 2, 2015.
- "MGK talks Amber Rose, Eminem's Daughter, New Album + Live Performance!". Hot 97. October 19, 2015. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amber Rose.|