|Labels||RCA Records, Sony Music Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Kodaline, Lewis Watson|
Amber Run is a British band from Nottingham, UK composed of Joshua Keogh, Will Jones, Tom Sperring, and Henry Wyeth. The band have released two albums and four EPs. Initially called Amber, they later changed their name to avoid conflict with the German dance-pop singer of same name.
Joshua Keogh, Tom Sperring and Will Jones were originally friends from Buckinghamshire at Dr Challoner's Grammar School where they played in an alt rock band. With Felix Archer from the same area and Wyeth from Kent, they met while studying at University of Nottingham. They all studied for degrees in Humanities and Law, but abandoned their studies in second year to focus on the band. Keogh initially performed under his own name and started to get 'a bit of momentum [so] we sat down and jammed out one day and there was something about it. It was so much better than what I was doing solo, so we started a band'.
Thanks to local BBC presenter Dean Jackson the band featured on the BBC Introducing stage at Reading Festival in 2013 was only the fourth show the band played. Their presence attracted a number of A&R men to the show and after a few weeks of negotiating the band signed to RCA.
2014–2015: Noah and debut album
On 14 February 2014, they released their first EP titled Noah which consisted of 4 songs. Two months later after supporting Kodaline on their March 2014 tour they released their second EP titled Spark on 18 April 2014. Their third EP, entitled Pilot was released on 19 September 2014.
In March 2014, the band announced they had been recording their debut album throughout January and February 2014 with Mike Crossey and Sam Winfield, "who's in many ways the sixth member of our band".
In July and August 2014 the band released videos for the single "I Found" and "Pilot", respectively, that are a duology. Speaking to LeftLion Magazine in December 2014, they explained: "We were already discussing what to do with it [I Found]; it's not a song that screams "single" but we wanted to release it in some form. Releasing it with "Pilot" just seemed to be a good method to bring attention to the whole EP, and doing something creative with the videos is a bit more interesting. Linking the videos gives you more scope... [to] expand the storyline past three and a half minutes."
On 1 December 2014, Amber Run announced their new single "Just My Soul Responding". The song was confirmed as the lead single taken from the band’s upcoming debut. In regards to their debut album front singer, Joshua Keogh said the "album is done and we've signed it off. Now it's deciding the best time to get them out" The video for "Just My Soul Responding" was uploaded on 18 December 2014. The single was released on 5 January 2015.
2016-present: For a Moment, I Was Lost
In 2016, the band released "Stranger" as the first single from their second album, For a Moment, I Was Lost. A second single titled "Perfect" was released in February 2017. The album was released digitally on 10 February, with a physical release scheduled for 17 March.
- Joshua Keogh – vocals, guitar
- Will Jones – guitar
- Tom Sperring – bass guitar
- Henry Wyeth – keys
- Felix Archer – drums
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions|
|For a Moment, I Was Lost||
|"Just My Soul Responding"||2015|
|"Haze"||2016||For a Moment, I Was Lost|
- last.fm (2012). "Amber Run". last.fm. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- facebook (15 December 2012). "Amber Run". facebook. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Staff, Writer (5 December 2013). "Green light for Amber run at pop success". Notthingham Post.
- Nottingham Post (1 October 2014). ""We get grief for saying we're a Nottingham band" – Amber Run". nottinghampost.com. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Amber Run". BBC Music.
- IAmMusicTV (26 March 2014). "Amber Run chat about going on tour with Kodaline & music in the East Midlands such as Jake Bugg". iammusic.tv. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "iTunes – Music – Spark – EP by Amber Run". iTunes.
- "iTunes – Music – Pilot EP by Amber Run". iTunes.
- Blakemore, Penny. "Amber Run - LeftLion". www.leftlion.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Amber Run "Just My Soul Responding" (Single Premiere)". josepvinaixa.com. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Just My Soul Responding". VEVO.
- "iTunes – Music – Just My Soul Responding – Single by Amber Run". iTunes.
- "Amber Run Home Page".
- "Haze - Single by Amber Run". iTunes. Retrieved 17 April 2016.
- O'Connor, Roisin (20 October 2016). "Amber Run unveil their intense video for 'Stranger' - premiere". The Independent. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Cuellar, Naty (8 February 2017). "[LISTEN] Amber Run – "Perfect"". The Daily Listening. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- janette (2017-02-08). "Amber Run 'Perfect'". Girl Underground Music. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "For a Moment, I Was Lost by Amber Run on Apple Music". iTunes. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "AMBER RUN". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 23 January 2016.