Amber Marie Cnossen (née Welty; born April 29, 1967) is an American former track and field athlete who competed in the high jump. She represented the United States at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona.
In June 1988, Welty won the NCAA title with a career best of 1.92 m. Two weeks later, she finished third at the US National Championships, clearing 1.89 m. In July, at the Olympic trials in Indianapolis, she was fifth with 1.90 m. In 1990, she won her third NCAA medal, finishing second to Angie Bradburn, both clearing 1.89 m.
In 1992, at the US National Championships in New Orleans, incorporating the Olympic trials, Welty finished second with 1.89 m, to earn Olympic selection, providing she could attain the qualifying standard of 1.92 m. She achieved this a week later at a meet in Boise. At the Barcelona Olympics, she cleared 1.88 m in the qualifying round to finish 27th overall.
- NCAA Champion (1988) - also 2nd (1990) & 3rd (1987)
- US National Championships - 2nd (1992), 3rd (1988)
|Representing United States|
|1992||Olympic Games||Barcelona, Spain||27th (q)||1.88 m|
|1992||World Cup||Havana, Cuba||=6th||1.75 m|
- "High Jump" (PDF). Track and Field News. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "High Jumper Finally Clears Qualifying Height, Makes Team". Los Angeles Times. 5 July 1992. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Todor Krastev. "Women High Jump Olympic Games Barcelona(ESP) 1992". todor66.com. Retrieved 12 January 2014.