|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Patricia Schneider|
|Area1||7.4 km2 (2.9 sq mi)|
|• Density||19/km2 (50/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||08009 / 08210|
|Elevation||154–342 m (505–1,122 ft)
(avg. 220 m or 720 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Amblimontais or Amblimontaises
Amblimont is located some 11 km south-east of Sedan and 5 km west of Carignan. It can be accessed by the D964 road from Mairy in the north passing through the mid-western part of the commune and continuing south to Mouzon. Access to the village is by the Ruelle de la Goutelle going south-east from the D964. The village can also be accessed by other local roads in the east of the commune. The commune is mostly farmland with patches of forest in the east.
The Ruisseau de la Vignette rises in the commune and flows west to the Canal de l'Est (North branch) which forms the western border of the commune. A few streams rise in the east of the commune and flow east to join the Chiers river.
|The official status of the blazon remains to be determined.
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
In 2009, the commune had 142 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Culture and heritage
The Church of Saint-Georges contains two items that are registered as historical objects:
- A Pulpit (18th century)
- An Altar, 2 Statues, Retable, Painting, Statuette: Saint Georges and Roch, Christ on the cross, and Virgin and child (18th century)
- Amblimont on the National Geographic Institute website (French)
- Amblimont on Lion1906
- Amblimont on Google Maps
- Amblimont on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Amblemont on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Amblimont on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force in 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
- Inhabitants of Ardennes (French)
- Google Maps
- List of Mayors of France
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM08000015 Pulpit (French)
- Ministry of Culture, Palissy PM08000014 Altar, 2 Statues, Retable, Painting, Statuette: Saint Georges and Roch, Christ on the cross, and Virgin and child (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amblimont.|