Amboy Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Amboy Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Holy Trinity Catholic Church at Assumption
Location of Amboy Township in Fulton County
|• Total||25.9 sq mi (67.1 km2)|
|• Land||25.8 sq mi (66.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||71/sq mi (27.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086120|
Amboy Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 1,846, up from 1,552 at the 2000 census. 1,219 of the residents lived in the unincorporated portions of the township in 2010.
Located in the northeastern corner of the county along the Michigan border, it borders the following townships:
- Ogden Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Riga Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northeast corner
- Richfield Township, Lucas County - east
- Spencer Township, Lucas County - southeast corner
- Fulton Township - south
- Pike Township - southwest corner
- Royalton Township - west
- Fairfield Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northwest corner
Name and history
Amboy Township was organized in 1837. It is the only Amboy Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Amboy township, Fulton County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- Aldrich, Lewis Cass (1888). History of Henry and Fulton counties, Ohio. D. Mason & Co. p. 434.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.