Amboy Township, Lee County, Illinois
Location in Lee County
Lee County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Dennis McCoy|
|• Total||35.43 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.25 sq mi (91.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.17 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.48%|
|Elevation||755 ft (230 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||2,906|
|• Density||88.2/sq mi (34.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61021, 61310|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.43 square miles (91.8 km2), of which 35.25 square miles (91.3 km2) (or 99.49%) is land and 0.17 square miles (0.44 km2) (or 0.48%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Amboy (east three-quarters)
- Binghampton at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Shelburn at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Binghampton, Mormon, Prairie Repose and Saint Patrick's.
Airports and landing strips
- Taylor Airport
- Amboy Community Unit School District 272
- Ashton Community Unit School District 275
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 90
- State Senate District 45
- "Amboy Township, Lee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-11-19.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.