St Mark's Church, Amcotts
Amcotts shown within Lincolnshire
|OS grid reference|
|– London||145 mi (233 km) S|
|Unitary authority||North Lincolnshire|
|Region||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|UK Parliament||Brigg and Goole (UK Parliament constituency)|
Amcotts is a village and civil parish in the North Lincolnshire district of Lincolnshire, England, and on the Isle of Axholme. The village is situated north-west from Scunthorpe, and on the west bank of the River Trent facing Flixborough on the east bank. The 2001 Census recorded a population of 219 for the parish, increasing to 262 at the 2011 census.
The hamlet of "Marae", or "The Marshes" now a deserted medieval village of which no surface evidence remains, was supposedly at the outfall of Mere Dyke on the River Trent, which is now in Amcotts, but then was in Luddington parish which extended to the bank of the Trent until 1885. At the time of Domesday Book of 1086, Marae was listed as having three households.
|Population of Amcotts Civil Parish|
||Luddington, Eastoft, Goole||Burton upon Stather, Alkborough,||Normanby by Spital, Winterton, winteringham|
|Crowle, Thorne,||Appleby, Ulceby, Immingham|
|Ealand, Epworth, Doncaster||Keadby, Althorpe Gainsborough||Crosby, Scunthorpe, Brigg|
- "Amcotts Civil Parish". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhead Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- Amcotts in the Domesday Book. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Chantry Chapel, Amcotts (61147)". PastScape. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Amcotts". Vision of Britain. University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Amcotts civil parish (1885)". Vision of Britain. University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Church of St Mark (1083283)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Amcotts CE School". Lincs to the Past. Lincolnshire Archives. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- Historic England. "Marae DMV (60968)". PastScape. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- Marae/The Marshes in the Domesday Book. Retrieved 27 August 2011.
- "Amcotts CP/Ch". Retrieved 27 August 2011.
Media related to Amcotts at Wikimedia Commons