||This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in a promotional tone. (October 2013)||
Amdocs location in Pune, India
|Traded as||NASDAQ: DOX|
|Founded||Aurec Information & Directory Systems (today known as Amdocs), Israel (1982)|
|Founder||Morris Kahn , Boaz Dotan|
Chesterfield, Missouri, United States (corporate)
|Eli Gelman, CEO, President
Tamar Rapaport-Dagim, CFO
|Revenue||US$3.6 billion (FY 2014)|
|US$496 million (FY 2014)|
|US$422 million (FY 2014)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Embrace Challenge, Experience Success|
Amdocs is a provider of software and services to more than 250 communications, media and entertainment service providers in more than 90 countries. Its CES (Customer Experience Solutions) span business support systems (BSS), operational support systems (OSS) and network control and optimization offerings for multiple lines of business, including wireless, wireline, broadband, cable and satellite services. The company develops, implements and manages software and services that power The New World of Customer Experience, where a wide array of innovative and personalized services are delivered seamlessly to end users, regardless of device or network. Amdocs offers a broad suite of services to help service providers navigate through each stage of the business lifecycle, from vision creation and strategy through implementation and transformation to operations. Services offerings include business consulting, systems integration and transformation, testing, managed services, project delivery and product support.
The company also offers mobile financial services offerings to both service providers and financial institutions; end-to-end, carrier-grade big data analytics solutions, and advertising and media products and services for local marketing service providers, including directory publishers.
Amdocs maintains offices on 6 continents with support and development centers located worldwide, including Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, India, Ireland, Israel, the UK and the USA.
The company was founded in 1982 as an offshoot of Golden Pages, the Israeli phone directory company, which was owned by the Aurec Group headed by Morris Kahn. Together with others at Golden Pages, Kahn developed a billing software program for phone directory companies and with Boaz Dotan established a company called Aurec Information & Directory Systems to market this product. In 1985, Southwestern Bell Corporation acquired a 50 percent ownership share of Aurec Information, and its name was changed to Amdocs. Within two years, the Aurec Group sold off all its holdings in Amdocs for almost US$1 billion.
Between 1990 and 1995 Amdocs took its initial diversification steps, expanding first into the wireline telephone arena and then the mobile space. Over the years, Amdocs has continued to expand its product and services offerings, both organically and through a series of acquisitions, including Clarify, Cramer, Actix, Celcite and Comverse BSS assets. The company went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 1998, moving to the NASDAQ in 2014. 
- In 1982, Boaz Dotan became Amdocs' first President and CEO
- In 1995, Avi Naor replaced Boaz Dotan as President and CEO of Amdocs
- In 2002, Dov Baharav replaced Avi Naor as Amdocs' President and CEO.
- In November 2010, Eli Gelman replaced Dov Baharav as Amdocs' President and CEO.
- "Amdocs Website". Amdocs.com. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Amdocs Investors Relations - Investor Relations Home". Investors.amdocs.com. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- AMDOCS LTD (DOX) 20-F Form Annual Report 2009, retrieved 7 November 2009
- "#937 Morris Kahn". Forbes.com. 12 February 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Georgi, Anat; Grimland, Guy (9 May 2011). "Confessions of a 'start-up junkie'". Haaretz. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "AIG's Joint Venture Insurance Company In Israel Receives License To Market Life Insurance". 9 June 1999.
- "Dov Baharav to Succeed Avi Naor as President and CEO of Amdocs Management Limited - Eff. Oct 1, 2002; Naor to Become Vice Chairman of the Board", Business Wire, 13 March 2002
- "Amdocs Announces Eli Gelman to Succeed Dov Baharav as President and CEO in Early Calendar 2011", PR Newswire, 6 September 2010
- "Smith Micro and Amdocs Complete ANDSF Interoperability Tests for Seamless Wi-Fi Access and Traffic Optimization".