Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
Ameerjan was an Indian film director, who has directed Tamil films. He was primarily active in the 1980s and early 1990s and is most noted for his work on films featuring actors Murali and Karthik.
Ameerjan began his career as a protégé to director K. Balachander and then won critical acclaim for his directorial debut in 1984 with Poovilangu, which starred actors Murali and Kuyili in the lead roles. He went on to direct more than 20 feature films, both in Tamil and Telugu, often collaborating with actors Murali and Karthik. Ameerjan also worked on a high-budget action film Siva (1989) featuring Rajinikanth as well as on socially relevant films such as Thulasi (1987). As opportunities declined, he began assisting K. Balachander when he started making television shows and also directed his own shows. In 2006, he also held the position of secretary in the Directors' Association of Tamil film makers.
|1988||Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum|
|1990||Thai Maasam Poo Vaasam|
|1990||Unnai Solli Kutramillai|
|2000||Chinna Chinna Kannile|
- "Sivakarthikeyan and Ghibran..." behindwoods.com.
- "Director Ameerjan Passes Away". Silverscreen.in. Archived from the original on 22 July 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Staff Reporter. "Filmmaker Ameerjan dies". The Hindu.
- "Tamil movies : SAC unanimously re-elected as President Of Directors' Association". behindwoods.com.
- "Tamil Film Director Ameerjan (Amirjaan) Dies at 73 [PHOTOS+VIDEO]". International Business Times, India Edition. 17 March 2015.