|Born||9 April 1942|
Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
|Died||17 March 2015 (aged 72)|
Ameerjan began his career as a protégé to director K. Balachander and then won critical acclaim for his directorial debut in 1984 with Poovilangu, which starred actors Murali and Kuyili in the lead roles. He went on to direct more than 20 feature films, both in Tamil and Telugu, often collaborating with actors Murali and Karthik. Ameerjan also worked on a high-budget action film Siva (1989) featuring Rajinikanth as well as on socially relevant films such as Thulasi (1987). As opportunities declined, he began assisting K. Balachander when he started making television shows and also directed his own shows. In 2006, he also held the position of secretary in the Directors' Association of Tamil film makers.
|1984||Nenjathai Allitha||Mohan, Naresh|
|1987||Vanna Kanavugal||Karthik, Murali|
|1988||Uzhaithu Vaazha Vendum||Vijayakanth|
|1990||Thai Maasam Poo Vaasam||Murali|
|1990||Unnai Solli Kutramillai||Karthik|
|2000||Chinna Chinna Kannile||Prakash Raj, Nasar|
- "Sivakarthikeyan and Ghibran..." behindwoods.com.
- "Director Ameerjan Passes Away". Silverscreen.in. Archived from the original on 22 July 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Staff Reporter. "Filmmaker Ameerjan dies". The Hindu.
- "Tamil movies : SAC unanimously re-elected as President Of Directors' Association". behindwoods.com.
- "Tamil Film Director Ameerjan (Amirjaan) Dies at 73 [PHOTOS+VIDEO]". International Business Times, India Edition. 17 March 2015.