|Dame Amelia Chilcott Fawcett|
|Born||16 September 1956|
|Alma mater||University of Virginia
|Occupation||Chairman of Hedge Fund Standards Board
Managing director (Europe) for Morgan Stanley
Dame Amelia Chilcott Fawcett DBE (born 16 September 1956) is a former banking executive for Morgan Stanley and current non-executive chairman for the British multimedia business Guardian Media Group plc. She has been a Non-Executive Director at Millicom International Cellular SA. She has been an Independent Director of State Street Corporation in Boston since December 21, 2006 and Investment AB Kinnevik since May 16, 2011.
Fawcett headed Morgan Stanley's European division, and in her last year of service, was responsible for US$6.7 billion in revenue. In 2006, Fawcett was named one of Fortune magazine's "50 most powerful women".
In the New Year Honours 2002 Fawcett was appointed as a Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. In the New Year Honours 2010 Fawcett was elevated to the rank of Dame Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire for her services to the financial industry. In 2004, she received the Prince of Wales' Ambassador award recognizing responsible business activities. As of 2013, she was chairman of The Prince of Wales's Charitable Foundation. In July 2013 she was appointed the first Lady Usher of the Purple Rod.
- "Birthdays". The Guardian (Guardian News & Media). 15 September 2014. p. 35.
- Brook, Stephen (22 April 2009). "Amelia Fawcett named chair of Guardian Media Group". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Amelia C. Fawcett profile". Forbes. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- "Fortune Global Power 50". CNN Money. Retrieved 18 March 2012.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2001.
- The London Gazette: . 12 June 2010.
- "About Us", princeofwalescharitablefoundation.org.uk; accessed 1 May 2013.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|