(Redirected from Ameliorate)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ameliorate or amelioration in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Amelioration may refer to:
- Amelioration patterns, a software design pattern
- Amelioration Act 1798, a statute enacted in the Leeward Islands regarding the treatment of slaves
- Rapid climatic amelioration, used in geology to denote a major change from glacial to interglacial stages, specifically regarding transitions in the oxygen isotope ratio cycle
- An alternative name for land improvement
- A specific type of semantic change, the introduction of positive connotations or removal of negative ones for a word or expression. Opposite of pejoration.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Amelioration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.