|Traded as||NASDAQ: ASRV|
|Craig G. Ford, Chairman|
Jeffrey A. Stopko, CEO & President
Michael D. Lynch, CFO
Robert Werner, Senior Vice President & CIO
|Total assets||$1.167 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$0.095 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
AmeriServ Financial, Inc. is a bank holding company based in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. It operates AmeriServ Financial Bank, AmeriServ Trust and Financial Services Company, and AmeriServ Life Insurance Company. The bank operates 18 automated teller machines.
Since 1996, the company has been the main sponsor of the Flood City Music Festival in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
In October 1987, AmeriServ Life Insurance Company was formed.
In October 1992, AmeriServ Trust and Financial Services Company was formed.
In March 2007, the company acquired West Chester Capital Advisors.
In August 2011, the company received $21 million from the Small Business Lending Fund, which it used to repay the $21 million investment it received from the United States Department of the Treasury as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- "AmeriServ Financial, Inc. 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Institution History for AMERISERV FINANCIAL, INC (1117316)". Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.
- "USBANCORP changes name to AmeriServ Financial". American City Business Journals. April 24, 2001.
- "West Chester Capital sold". American City Business Journals. March 7, 2007.
- "U.S. Bank to Acquire AmeriServ's Corporate Trust Bond Administration Business" (Press release). Business Wire. April 8, 2009.
- Davis, Paul (August 12, 2011). "Two More Banks Exit Tarp Using Small Business Lending Fund". American Banker.(subscription required)
- "AmeriServ Financial Inc. Appoints Senior Leadership Team" (Press release). PR Newswire. March 24, 2015.