America's Next Top Model (cycle 14)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 14)|
Cycle 14 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||11[Note 1]|
|Original network||The CW|
March 10– May 19, 2010
|No. of contestants||13|
The fourteenth cycle of America's Next Top Model premiered on March 10, 2010, and is the eighth season to be aired on The CW. The cycle's catch phrase is "Work It Out". The promotional songs are "Watch Me Move" by Fefe Dobson and "Go Getta" by Stella Mwangi.
The prizes for this cycle were:
- A modeling contract with Wilhelmina Models.
- A fashion spread and cover in Seventeen.
- A US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics.
J. Alexander was removed from his post as a judge, but still remained as the runway coach. He was replaced by Vogue editor André Leon Talley. The international destinations during this cycle were Auckland and Queenstown, New Zealand.
- 1 Season summary
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Episodes
- 4 Summaries
- 5 Post-Top Model careers
- 6 Cast members
- 7 Notes
- 8 References
- 9 External links
A new rule this cycle enabled the girl called first at the judging panel every week to not only have her picture (or commercial) displayed as digital art in the models' house for the rest of the week however that same girl would also receive the prize of the following week's reward challenge, regardless of their performance at the actual challenge. If the same girl won the challenge, she was able to pick others to join her on the reward, or received additional prizes along with her challenge win.
Top Models in Action was replaced with Top Model Lounge featuring Bianca Golden from Cycle 9 and Laura Kirkpatrick from the petite cycle offering commentary about each week's episode. These same two contestants later returned a year and a half later for the All Stars cycle along with this cycle's Angelea Preston and eleven other returning non-winning contestants.
This cycle returned to featuring girls within the standard heights of the modeling industry (5 ft 7 in and taller), unlike the previous cycle (5 ft 7 in and under). In addition, cycle 14 took place in New York City, having been set in Los Angeles for cycle 13.
(ages stated are at start of contest)
|Gabrielle Kniery||18||5 ft 7.5 in (1.71 m)||St. Louis, Missouri||Episode 2||13|
|Naduah Rugely||22||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||San Diego, California||12|
|Ren Vokes||22||N/A||Dallas, Texas||Episode 3||11|
|Simone Lewis||19||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Lenexa, Kansas||Episode 4||10|
|Tatianna Kern||21||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Ewa Beach, Hawaii||Episode 5||9|
|Brenda Arens||23||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Houston, Texas||Episode 6||8|
|Anslee Payne-Franklin||23||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Dacula, Georgia||Episode 7||7|
|Alasia Ballard||18||5 ft 9.75 in (1.77 m)||Marietta, Georgia||Episode 8||6|
|Jessica Serfaty||18||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Conway, Arkansas||Episode 9||5|
|Angelea Preston||23||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Buffalo, New York||Episode 10||4–3|
|Alexandra Underwood||21||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Kerrville, Texas|
|Raina Hein||22||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Minnetonka, Minnesota||Episode 11||2|
|Krista White||24||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Pine Bluff, Arkansas||1|
Be My Friend, Tyra!
First aired March 10, 2010
- Special guests: Sally Hershberger, Anastasia Soare, Joanna Konjevod
First aired March 17, 2010
- Featured photographers: Jonathan Mannion, Brian Edwards
- Special guests: Joanna Konjevod, Sally Hershberger, Vincent Oquendo, Ryan Taniguchi, Stephanie Larosiliere, Rachel Roy
First aired March 24, 2010
- Featured photographer: Cade Martin
- Special guests: Toccara Jones, Sean Patterson, Melissa Payner, Camila Hori, Jacqueline Wahba, Urbi Medley, Troy Powell, Ryan Taniguchi, Vincent Oquendo, Stephanie Larosiliere
America's Next Top Vampire
First aired March 31, 2010
- Featured photographer: Sarah Silver
- Special guests: Dania Ramirez, JB Smoove, Sally Hershberger, CJ Richards, Rodney Groves, Eric Orlando, Frances Hathaway
Smile and Pose
First aired April 7, 2010
- Featured photographer: D-Nice
- Special guests: Ross Mathews, Ann Shoket, Eric Orlando, Vincent Oquendo, Pat Cleveland
New York Women
First aired April 14, 2010
- Featured photographer: Mike Ruiz
- Special guests: Ann Shoket, Tinsley Mortimer, Nicole Fox, Vincent Oquendo
Big Hair Day
First aired April 21, 2010
- Featured photographer: Jerry Metellus
- Special guests: Whitney Port, Pat Cleveland, Peppermint, Weaven Steven, Derek J, Vincent Oquendo
Welcome to New Zealand
First aired April 28, 2010
- Featured photographer: Nigel Barker
- Special guests: Sara Tetro, Colin Mathura-Jeffree, Anjali Stewart, Emma Stuart, Mark Burton, Kate Sylvester, Cybelle Wiren, Rachel Easting, Annah Stretton, Ryan Taniguchi, Vincent Oquendo, Joanna Konjevod
Hobbits vs. Models
First aired May 5, 2010
- Featured photographer: Guy Coombes, Tyra Banks
- Special guests: Sarah McLeod, Vincent Oquendo, Joanna Konjevod, Ryan Taniguchi
First aired May 12, 2010
- Featured photographer: Monty Adams
- Special guests: Ryan Taniguichi, Vincent Oquendo, Joanna Konjevod
America's Next Top Model Is...
First aired May 12, 2010
- Featured photographers: Tony Drayton, Nigel Barker
- Featured commercial director: Jonathan Mannion
- Special guests: Nicole Fox, Vincent Oquendo, Ryan Taniguchi
First aired May 19, 2010
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 1, the group of 20 semi-finalists was reduced to 12. Ren was scouted at a separate audition and added to the cast afterwards.
- Episode 12 was the recap episode.
Photo Shoot Guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Embodying famous models
- Episode 2 photo shoots: Nude with Custo Barcelona items; perfume beauty shots overlooking the New York City skyline
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Dance genres
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Vampires in a bloody bathtub
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Faux fashion on Canal Street
- Episode 6 photo shoot: CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast portraying New York women on a moving train
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Posing with hair dresses
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Posing in couture gowns with a sheep on a mountain
- Episode 9 photo shoot: Beauty shots with shadows
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Era-descent couture
- Episode 11 photo shoot and commercial: CoverGirl Blast collection, Seventeen Magazine cover
- Alasia – Voluminous clip-in extensions
- Alexandra – Gisele Bündchen inspired blonde highlights
- Angelea – Copper blonde straight weave with bangs
- Anslee – Cut short and dyed blonde
- Brenda – Shaggy, shorter red hair, later; shaved on the sides
- Gabrielle – Honey blonde waves
- Jessica – Dyed chocolate brown and straightened
- Krista – Sleeked back and high ponytail, later; ponytail removed
- Naduah – Eyebrows bleached
- Raina – Dyed dark chocolate brown
- Ren – Shag cut
- Simone – Cut short and Cassie Ventura inspired shaved on one side
- Tatianna – Blonder, more voluminous, and highlights
Post-Top Model careers
- Brenda Arens is currently signed with Page.713 in Houston, Page Parkes Agency and Campbell Agency. Since the show, she has taken a few test shots, appeared in Seventeen Magazine, and has modeled for Rachel Roy. She used to be signed with the Campbell's Soup in Dallas and Flash Model Management in Milan.
- Alasia Ballard has done a wedding gown test shoot, been featured in Delux Magazine and is currently signed to Holmes Lewis Models.
- Raina Hein is currently signed with Wilhelmina Models in Miami, Major Models in Paris, PhotoGenics in Los Angeles, LOOK Model Agency in San Francisco, Moore Creative Talent in Minneapolis, Ignite Models in Dallas, and Wehmann Models & Talent in Minneapolis. Since the show, she has taken various test shots, booked a campaign for Symphony Retailers in Dubai, appeared in Seventeen Magazine, Metro Magazine, Grazia Magazine, and appeared in Arabia's and Hong Kong's Harper's Bazaar. She walked in Dubai Fashion Week for Vera Wang. In 2013, she was casted in the Girls music video for the English rock band The 1975. She also became the face of Furne One perfume for Bench and modeled with the collection in the Philippines. She has also done a campaign in The NeuHair and had a cover on the SU magazine 2013 issue. She is also a star in an independent feature film To Say Goodbye.
- Tatianna Kern has modeled for Marlowe Holt.
- Gabrielle Kniery is currently signed with Fenton Moon Models in New York City and Centro Models and has modeled for KAS couture, Alive magazine, Do You Social Magazine, Gegi Designs, Scholarshop clothing, Delux Magazine and ID models. She also modeled for Remrod and Tuan Lee Photography. She also appeared as a pageant contestant in the music video for "Pretty Hurts" by Beyonce
- Simone Lewis is currently signed with Exposure Model and Talent Agency and has taken a few test shots. Since the show, she has modeled for Bluefly and Gegi Designs.
- Anslee Payne-Franklin has modeled for Freeze Frame Studios and has done some test shots.
- Angelea Preston has taken a few test shots. She has walked in New York Fashion Week for the Sachika twins and Richie Rich. She has starred in a commercial for Keratin Earth. Angelea has also been on the cover of Fashionista magazine. She is currently signed with Colby Models in New York City. Additionally, she participated on America's Next Top Model: All Stars, among other past competitors, and was disqualified for unspecified reasons. Angelea has confirmed via Twitter that she is pregnant and has married.
- Naduah Rugely has done a variety of test shots, print ads, and runway.
- Jessica Serfaty is currently signed with NEXT Model Management in Los Angeles and New York, Abrams Artists Agency in Los Angeles, Wunder Management  and MDI Model Management in Korea. Since the show, she has appeared in Seventeen Magazine, booked a campaign with Papaya clothing and has been mainly focused on acting. She has appeared in commercials for McDonald's, Doritos, Toyota and more. She's been busy going to auditions for TV shows, movies and commercials. She can be seen in the music video "Justify Sex" by Dan Balan and "Highway Don't Care" by Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift.
- Alexandra Underwood is currently signed with Wilhelmina Models in New York City and Models 1 in London. Since the show, she has taken a few test shots, and appeared on the cover of Plus Sized Magazine. She has walked in New York Fashion Week for the Sachika Twins.
- Ren Vokes has taken a few test shots. Since the show, she has modeled for Odyline and The Hundreds. She used to be signed with the Kim Dawson Agency in Dallas.
- Krista White has collected all her prizes and is currently signed with Wilhelmina Models in New York City. Since the show, she has taken a few test shots, she has appeared on the cover and had a spread in Seventeen Magazine, had a cover of FantasticMag, and a spread in Fiasco Magazine, and she has booked a back-to-school campaign for Max Rave. Krista has walked for several designers like Nicole Miller and Huffer in New Zealand Fashion Week as part of her prize for winning a runway challenge while on a plane in New Zealand. Krista has also modeled for top designer Betsey Johnson and friend Sergio Guadarramo's collection "Celestino Collection". In 2011, she walked the runway for BET's Rip The Runway.
- J. Alexander – runway coach
- Jay Manuel – photo shoot director
- When first shown in the United States, Casting Week, weeks 1 and 2 were shown as a separate 90-minute two episodes. In other countries, these competing weeks were aired separately in first three episodes (e.g., Casting Week shown in one hour episode) before airing to its original one-hour episode aired in the United States.
- "America's Next Top Model – Cast – Krista". Cwtv.com. Retrieved October 13, 2010.
- "America's Next Top Model – Cycle 14 – Cast". April 5, 2010. Archived from the original on April 5, 2010. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- "Brenda – Page.713 (Houston)".
- "Brenda – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- "Raina – Wilhelmina Models (Miami) (Login Required)".
- "Raina – Ignite Models (Dallas) (Login Required)".
- "Raina – Wehmann Models & Talent (Minneapolis)".
- "Raina – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- "Girls (2013)". IMVDb.
- "Raina Ellison (Hein) (@rainmonsterr) • Instagram photos and videos".
- "CENTRO Models".
- "Simone – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- "Angelea – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- Ward, Kate (May 12, 2011). "'Top Model All-Stars' cast reported: Lisa D'Amato, Isis King in; Jade out". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on June 24, 2011. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- "Angelea Preston Disqualified from America's Next Top Model". Trendrabbit.com.
- "Naduah – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- Jessica Serfaty – Wunder Management Archived March 27, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Jessica – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- Says, jessica (January 16, 2011). "Jessica Serfaty in Dan Balan's "Justify Sex" Music Video (Oct 2010)".
- "Alexandra – Wilhelmina Models (New York) (Login Required)".
- "Page not found". Archived from the original on March 22, 2012.
- "Alexandra – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- "Ren – Post Show Work @ All-ANTM (Login Required)".
- "Krista – Wilhelmina Models (New York City) (Login Required)".
- "The Goods". www.statesman.com. August 23, 2010. Retrieved August 11, 2014.