America's Next Top Model (season 15)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (season 15)|
Cycle 15 cast
|No. of contestants||14|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||September 8 –|
December 1, 2010
Several changes were made to the show in a bid to place greater emphasis on high fashion, including a lineup of prominent fashion industry guest judges as well as a change in prizes.
The prizes for this cycle included a modeling contract with IMG Models, a fashion spread in Vogue Italia, and both the cover and a spread in Beauty In Vogue, along with an editorial feature on Vogue.it, and a US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics.
- 1 Cast
- 2 Episodes
- 3 Summaries
- 4 References
- 5 External links
(Ages stated are at start of contest)
|Anamaria Mirdita||18||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Queens, New York||Episode 2||14|
|Terra White||24||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)||Arlington, Texas||Episode 3||13|
|Sara Blackamore||21||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Menifee, California||12|
|Rhianna Atwood||20||6 ft 1.5 in (1.87 m)||San Diego, California||Episode 4||11|
|Lexie Tomchek||18||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Geneva, Illinois||Episode 5||10|
|Kacey Leggett||20||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Palmdale, California||Episode 6||9|
|Kendal Brown||23||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Northport, Alabama||Episode 7||8|
|Esther Petrack||18||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Boston, Massachusetts||Episode 8||7|
|Liz Williams||21||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Arlington, Texas||Episode 9||6|
|Chris White||20||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)||Arlington, Texas||Episode 10||5|
|Kayla Ferrel||19||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Rockford, Illinois||Episode 11||4–3|
|Jane Randall||19||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Baltimore, Maryland|
|Chelsey Hersley||22||5 ft 10.75 in (1.80 m)||Boise, Idaho||Episode 13||2|
|Ann Ward||19||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Dallas, Texas||1|
Other cast members
- J. Alexander – runway coach
- Jay Manuel – creative director
Welcome to High Fashion
First aired September 8, 2010
32 semi-finalists arrived in Los Angeles, California to begin the fifteenth cycle. Contestants included sisters Chris and Terra – the first sibling contestants since Amanda and Michelle (Cycle 7). Kacey, who had been a semi-finalist from Cycle 11, and Vanessa Johnston, Miss Minnesota Teen USA 2009 Were some notable participants shortly after the episode began. The girls met Mr. & Ms. J in Palm Springs; later, they met Tyra. Their first challenge was a runway walk modeling clothes from Cynthia Rowley. The girls were split into categories as defined by the fashion industry – "quirky," "sexy," "strong bone structure," "browns," "blonds" and "brunettes" – and were tasked to stand out from their competition. Tensions rose when Kacey instigated Lexie to verbalize Jordan's supposed lack of desire for the competition, when it was in fact, just a misunderstanding, causing Lexie to be deemed as malicious by some of the girls. Also, Emily was questionably accused of being a racist. Later, the interviews commenced, and the group was pared down to 20 who moved on to a Cynthia Rowley garden party where they were paired up for a photo shoot. Later that night, the final 14 girls were chosen.
- Special guest: Cynthia Rowley
Diane von Furstenberg
First aired September 15, 2010
The chosen 14 girls arrived at Venice Beach, California, where they met Venice Beach icon Harry Perry, who passed them the keys to their new loft. Amongst the first few conversations in the house, Ann's awkwardness raised eyebrows, Anamaria admitted to taking a carbohydrate-restricted diet in order to remain thin, and Kayla revealed she was a lesbian. Afterwards, they were taken to the Hollywood and Highland Center, and were tasked to walk in a Diane von Furstenberg runway that is hoisted 4 storeys in the air; they also had to do their own hair and makeup. Kacey faced some trouble when she was unable to see the end of the runway because of her myopia, but put on a strong performance nevertheless; and Anamaria fell on her way backstage. This week's photo shoot takes place at Smashbox Studios, themed on "Teen Bullying." Tyra and singer/actress Demi Lovato dropped by at the shoot to offer advice and raise awareness. Each girl was drawn with a word that hurt her the most as a victim of bullying, as well as a "power word" that made her overcome it.
|Model||Bully word||Power word|
|Jane||Big face||Big square head|
|Terra||Soup cooler||Luscious lips|
At the photo shoot, Ann, Kayla and Chelsey were lauded for their performance, whilst Sara and Terra were criticized for looking plain and nervous respectively. Anamaria on the other hand was castigated for her overt thinness showing on film, which she ignored. At panel, Diane von Fürstenberg sat in as the guest judge. Ann, Kayla, Chelsey and Lexie's pictures received universal praise, and while Kendal's photo was deemed as not doing justice to her beauty, Diane would still hire her in an instant. In the end, Terra landed in the bottom two, but it was Anamaria's lack of regard for how thin she was that got her eliminated.
- First call-out: Ann Ward
- Bottom two: Anamaria Mirdita & Terra White
- Eliminated: Anamaria Mirdita
- Featured photographer: Deborah Anderson
- Special guests: Demi Lovato, Diane von Fürstenberg, Harry Perry, Isaac Prado, Anita Patrickson, Marky Andrews, Damien Carney
First aired September 22, 2010
Tyra dropped by at the house and informed the girls that they would receive makeovers. Tyra also giving some clues for the girls and which makeovers they will have, such as: Kayla will be given a new look that is fire like, Kendal will given "more sensuality and sexuality," Sara is getting darker than she is, both of Ann and Rhianna will given a look that make their edgy and quirky look more sophisticated, while Chris will given something that "flows her up." Panic ran through the house when Liz found a list of fantasy makeovers created by Ann, Lexie and Rhianna and assumed the credulous makeovers as genuine. However, their excitement quickly faded when they are told that whoever performed the worst at the post-makeover shoot would be eliminated. A large majority of girls were satisfied by their new looks, except Liz and Terra, who were both averse to having a shorter hairstyle. Sara and Lexie struggled at the makeover shoot, but Terra was deemed the worst and was sent home.
- Eliminated outside of judging panel: Terra White
This week's photo shoot took place on the beaches of Malibu, where the girls posed as fallen angels while evoking different kinds of emotions.
At panel, Patricia Field sat as the guest judge. A large majority of the photos receive mixed to negative critiques, with only Ann, Kayla, Chelsey and Chris photos standing out. Sara and Lexie landed in the bottom two for having the most unsatisfactory photos. Tyra cited Sara's inability to translate her beauty in photos (despite a drastic makeover) for her elimination.
- First call-out: Ann Ward
- Bottom two: Lexie Tomchek & Sara Blackamore
- Eliminated: Sara Blackamore
- Featured photographers: Keith Major (makeovers), Anne Menke (photoshoot)
- Special guests: Patricia Field, Matthew Preece, Edgardo Falcon Jr., Ryan Stybel, Michael Kanyon, Marco Berardini
First aired September 29, 2010
- Featured photographer: Matthew Rolston
- Special guests: Valente Frazier, Julie Matos, Troy Jensen, Michael Kanyon
First aired October 6, 2010
- Featured photographers: Eddie Brakha, Moshe Brakha ("Brakha Squared")
- Special guests: Karolína Kurková, Robert Steinken, Sunnie Brook Jones, Charlie Altuna, Jany Stanley
First aired October 13, 2010
- Featured photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
- Special guests: Lori Goldstein, Derek Blasberg, Molly Stern
First aired October 20, 2010
- Featured photographer: Francesco Carrozzini
- Special guests: Neil Portnow, Rushka Bergman, Amy Orseman, Johnny Stuntz
First aired October 27, 2010
- Featured commercial director: Nigel Barker
- Special guests: Zac Posen, Johnny Stuntz, Joanna Konjevod, Amanda Fields
First aired November 3, 2010
- Featured photographer: Simone Falcetta
- Special guests: Margherita Missoni, Angela Missoni, Lidia Permunian, Fabio D'Onofrio, Mario D'Amico, Alessandro Possati
First aired November 10, 2010
- Featured photographer: Nigel Barker
- Special guests: Kyle Hagler, Giovanni Di Corrinto, Andrea Cairo, Angelo Azzena, Danilo Di Pasquale, Vincenzo Cavicchi, Simone Bredariol
First aired November 17, 2010
- Featured director: Tyra Banks
- Special guests: Franca Sozzani, Barbara Terrinoni, Valentina Serra, Francesca Berardi
High Fashion Highlights
First aired November 24, 2010
First aired December 1, 2010
- Featured photographers: Vincent Peters, Federico De Angelis
- Special guests: Valentina Serra, Roberto Cavalli, Ivan Bart, Krista White
- The contestant won the challenge two times
- The contestant won the challenge
- The contestant won the challenge and was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated outside of the judging panel
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 1, the group of 32 semi-finalists was reduced to 14.
- In episode 3, Terra was eliminated after the makeover shoot for having the worst reaction to her makeover.
- Episode 12 was the recap episode.
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Paired up wearing Cynthia Rowley designs (casting)
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Teen bullying
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Fallen angels
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Underwater beauty shots
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Lucha Va Voom
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Walking down Rodeo Drive
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Portraying iconic fashion designers
- Episode 8 commercial: H2T water on roller skates
- Episode 9 photo shoot: Gondola group shoot with a casanova
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Marble statues coming to life
- Episode 11 motion editorial: Modelli folli ("Model Madness")
- Episode 13 photo shoot and commercial: CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion print ad and commercial; beauty In Vogue spreads
- Terra – Cut shorter
- Sara – Shoulder length cut and dyed chocolate brown with bleached eyebrows
- Rhianna – Blonde extensions added
- Lexie – Trimmed, extensions added and dyed brown
- Kacey – Long weave and contacts instead of glasses
- Kendal – Long, straight middle-part black weave
- Esther – Extensions and dyed black
- Liz – Pixie cut
- Chris – Long wavy weave added
- Kayla – Cut to shoulder length, bangs added, and dyed bright red with bleached eyebrows
- Jane – Dyed blonde and extensions added
- Chelsey – Dyed ice blonde and tooth gap accentuated
- Ann – Dyed copper brown and extensions added
- "'America's Next Top Model' fifteenth-season cast revealed by The CW". Reality TV World. August 18, 2010. Archived from the original on August 22, 2010. Retrieved August 19, 2010.
- "America's Next Top Model – Cast – Anamaria". August 21, 2010. Archived from the original on August 21, 2010. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- TwinStarss (August 18, 2010), ANTM Cycle 15 – Meet Anamaria, retrieved April 21, 2016
- TwinStarss (August 18, 2010), ANTM Cycle 15 – Meet Kendal, retrieved April 21, 2016
- "Shows – America's Next Top Model – Episode Guide – Diane Von Furstenberg". Cwtv.com. Archived from the original on October 9, 2010. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- "America's Next Top Model After Show Season 20 "Episodes 1–3" | AfterBuzz TV". YouTube. August 18, 2013. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Listings – AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL on The CW". TheFutonCritic.com. November 24, 2010. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- "Listings – AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL on The CW". TheFutonCritic.com. December 1, 2010. Retrieved March 8, 2011.