America's Next Top Model (cycle 16)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 16)|
Cycle 16 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||The CW|
February 23– May 18, 2011
|No. of contestants||14|
The prizes for this cycle were:
- A modeling contract with IMG Models.
- A fashion spread in Vogue Italia, and both the cover and a spread in Beauty In Vogue, and will be featured on Vogue.it.
- A US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Episode summaries
- 3 Summaries
- 4 Cast members
- 5 Post-Top Model careers
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 External links
|Angelia Alvarez||20||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Landstuhl, Germany||Eliminated in Episode 1|
|Ondrei Edwards||18||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||Atlanta, Georgia||Quit in Episode 2|
|Nicole Lucas||20||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Orlando, Florida||Eliminated in Episode 2|
|Dominique Waldrup||23||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Houston, Texas||Eliminated in Episode 3|
|Sara Longoria||18||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Rio Grande Valley, Texas||Eliminated in Episode 4|
|Dalya Morrow||21||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Clear Lake, Texas||Eliminated in Episode 5|
|Monique Weingart||19||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Hebron, Illinois||Eliminated in Episode 6|
|Mikaela Schipani||21||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Boca Raton, Florida||Eliminated in Episode 7|
|Jaclyn Poole||19||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Belton, Texas||Eliminated in Episode 8|
|Katarzyna "Kasia" Pilewicz||26||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Wheaton, Illinois||Eliminated in Episode 10|
|Alexandria Everett||21||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Newport Beach, California||Eliminated in Episode 11|
|Hannah Jones||20||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Houston, Texas||Eliminated in Episode 12|
|Molly O'Connell||22||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Charleston, South Carolina||Runner-up|
|Brittani Kline||19||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)||Beech Creek, Pennsylvania||Winner|
First aired February 23, 2011
The chosen fourteen girls were immediately moved to the top model house where they briefly got to know one another. The girls were introduced to Russel James, the photographer for their backstage photoshoot. They were then taken to a resort where they met with Jay Manuel and supermodel Erin Wasson, from whom found out that they were to participate runway show presented by J. Alexander. They were to walk while inside a plastic bubble on a twelve-inch-wide runway over water.
Most of the contestants pleased Alexander and Wasson with their impressive performances. However, Dominique and Ondrei were criticized for falling over while walking. Brittani was hailed as the best performer for her walk and won the challenge. After the show all of the girls received pieces of jewelry from Erin Wasson's collection.
At the panel Brittani, Mikaela, Molly, Alexandria, Hannah and Dalya received ultimate praise for their photos. Kasia was castigated for not utilizing her full figured body. Jaclyn received a great shot but her film was criticized. Meanwhile, Dominique and Angelia found themselves in the bottom two: Dominique for not producing a good shot despite her personality and Angelia for looking "pretty" and not a model-esque. Dominique's personality saved her and Angelia was the first girl to be sent home.
- First call-out: Molly O'Connell
- Bottom two: Angelia Alvarez & Dominique Waldrup
- Eliminated: Angelia Alvarez
- Featured photographer: Russell James
- Special guest: Erin Wasson, Abby Roll
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
First aired March 2, 2011
At the house, Nicole pondered about how she could improve her performance in the competition after she was told she photographed old at panel, while Ondrei revealed that less than a year prior to coming to the show, one of her brothers was murdered. Tyra visited the house, and introduced the girls to her nutritionist Heather Bauer, who taught the girls about "cheaties" – healthy but tasty alternatives appropriate for a top model's diet. Later, Monique and Dalya discovered a plate of rotting chicken in the refrigerator and conflict broke out between Dalya and Alexandria, who thought that Dalya was patronizing her.
Later, the girls were taken to Colony Theatre in Burbank where Nigel introduced them to acting coach Eugene Buica. The girls were asked to draw a picture of their inner critic, and then confront them, with Eugene acting as the critic. Ondrei broke down, upset about her brothers, while Molly revealed that she was adopted. After the teach was over, each of the girls were given earrings as a reward for doing well in such an emotional situation.
Next, the girls were taken to their photo-shoot, where they would be modeling jewelry while surrounded by bees. Monique impressed Jay with her strong poses and facial expressions. Hannah was reduced to tears during the shoot, feeling under pressure to perform well, while Jaclyn worried about her bee sting allergy. After the shoot, Ondrei contemplated leaving the competition, stating that she wanted to compete, but that her traumatic past continued to haunt her.
At panel, Ondrei told the judges that she wanted to leave. The judges were supportive, and Ondrei left the competition. Tyra informed the remaining girls that if Ondrei's photo was deemed the weakest, there would be no elimination for the week. If not, there would still be an elimination. As judging continued, Hannah received high acclaim for her emotional yet stunning photo. Monique and Mikaela also both received praise for their unique beauty that translated to their photos. Alexandria, Dominique and Sara all produced stunning shots but were warned about poor quality films overall, while Kasia's choice of dress was criticized.
Hannah received best photo. In the end, Dalya and Nicole were called forward as the bottom two: Dalya for producing a largely unusable film, despite a decent picture, and Nicole for once again photographing much older than she looked in person. Tyra revealed that Ondrei's photo had not been deemed the worst in the group, and that one of the bottom two would be leaving. Dalya was saved, and Nicole became the third girl to leave the competition.
- Quit: Ondrei Edwards
- First call-out: Hannah Jones
- Bottom two: Dalya Morrow & Nicole Lucas
- Eliminated: Nicole Lucas
- Featured photographer: Mike Rosenthal
- Special guest: Alek Wek, Heather Bauer, Eugene Buica, Kim Ki-Seok, Scott J. Cunha, Vincent Oquendo
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
First aired March 9, 2011
The girls returned from panel to find a drape with descriptions of their makeovers, but not to which girl each style corresponded, causing panic from some, and excitement from others. The girls were taken to the Privé salon in Los Angeles, and although most of the girls were satisfied with their new looks, Sara was disappointed not to get a weave and Alexandria expressed her concerns about how she thought her stylist should be fixing her hair, though she was ultimately happy with the overall result. An independent stylist was brought in specifically for Molly's advanced weave, but the style was universally panned, and Molly angrily expressed her disdain at her new look.
The girls were next taken to a farm for their photo shoot, and learned they would be shooting in groups this week. They then met their photographer Pamela Hanson and stylist Lori Goldstein, who dressed the girls in couture gowns. Alexandria was unhappy before her shoot with Monique after discovering a pimple, and was criticized for her unacceptable attitude by Pamela and Lori. Sara and Mikaela were pleased to be shooting together, but struggled to pull off a good shot as a pair. In the only group with three girls, Jaclyn and Dalya worked well together, but Dominique struggled to gain inspiration, and Jay noted that she had essentially become a spare part in the shoot.
|Alexandria & Monique|
|Brittani & Hannah|
|Dalya, Dominique & Jaclyn|
|Kasia & Molly|
|Mikaela & Sara|
At panel, most of the girls received positive feedback from their shoots. Alexandria's stunning shot earned her the first call, but Tyra warned her that her bad attitude would not be tolerated in the future. Molly also received huge praise and was promised that her weave would be redone, much to her relief. Brittani & Hannah's photo was deemed the best in terms of a group shot, Kasia, Jaclyn, Monique and Dalya also impressed. Dominique's nerves and Sara's lack of self-confidence landed them in the bottom two, but Sara was deemed to have more potential, and Dominique was sent packing.
- First call-out: Alexandria Everett
- Bottom two: Dominique Waldrup & Sara Longoria
- Eliminated: Dominique Waldrup
- Featured photographer: Troy Jensen (makeovers), Pamela Hanson (photoshoot)
- Special guest: Lori Goldstein, Laurent D, Molly Stern, Michael Kanyon
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
First aired March 16, 2011
The girls returned from panel. Brittani was glad about her 2 runner-ups and 3rd place. Sara was angry with how her hair hadn't gotten longer, and she thought that it was the reason she performed poorly in the previous photoshoot.
The following day they went to a runway challenge where they learned they would walk with their hands on fire, as well as a flaming runway wearing the collections of Geoffrey Mac. Brittani, Alexandria, and Dalya were praised for their great performances, but Dalya won the main prize. Kasia, Hannah, and Sara were made to walk home because they performed so weakly.
When they got home, they got a script for a retro-sexy themed Fierce Roast coffee commercial.
|Alexandria & Brittani|
|Dalya & Molly|
|Hannah & Monique|
|Jaclyn & Kasia|
|Mikaela & Sara|
Kasia and Hannah impressed, while Alexandria controlled everything, even the lights. Brittani was chastised for not standing out and Sara was for not being sexy.
At panel, Kasia received high acclaim for her commercial, with Tyra saying that it was one of her favorite Top Model commercial ever, while Hannah, Jaclyn and Monique also received positive feedbacks. Although Alexandria shot a decent commercial, when told that the director was disappointed with her behavior on set, she tried to make excuses upsetting the judges further.
Ultimately, Kasia received her first ever first call-out while Alexandria and Sara found themselves in the bottom 2; Alexandria for controlling everything, especially after last week when the stylist complained of her for the same reason and Sara for her lack of sexiness and commitment in the commercial. In the end, Alexandria was saved, but Tyra warned her that there would be no more reprieves if her excuses continued, and Sara was sent home.
- First call-out: Kasia Pilewicz
- Bottom two: Alexandria Everett & Sara Longoria
- Eliminated: Sara Longoria
- Featured photographer: Francesco Carrozzini
- Special guest: Patti Bortoli, Megan Weems, Roberto Carneiro, Mark Chadwick, Melissa Rogers, Franck Chevalier
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
First aired March 23, 2011
Following her appearance in the bottom two at the previous panel, Alexandria rued how she was being perceived by the judges, but the other girls all felt that the judges had her personality down correctly, and joked that they should let her fall on her own sword, and talk her way out of the competition. Despite having it redone, Molly was still unhappy with her hair weave, and revealed how it had made her scalp swell.
The girls were taken to a CoverGirl challenge, where the girls were put into teams to shoot promotional videos for CoverGirl foundation. The girls were sorted in teams of three, with each member taking on a different role in the team - director, writer, or talent. Alexandria frustrated her teammates by trying to control of all roles, but Monique was praised for managing to do well in spite of Alexandria's interference. In the end, the group of Brittani, Kasia and Mikaela won the challenge, and the opportunity for their video to be shown on the CoverGirl website. Back at the house, Alexandria tearfully called her boyfriend, feeling misunderstood in the house, but while she did so, the other girls gossiped about her, and Monique decided to read her diary, to find out how she really felt about the other girls.
|Mikaela||Kasia||Brittani||Night, Red Carpet|
|Dalya||Jaclyn||Hannah||Bold, Colorful Eyes|
For their next photo shoot, the girls were taken to Los Angeles Zoo, where they were to pose for Rachel Zoe's faux fur collection, and learned that they would be shooting with Murato, a baby jaguar. Kasia experienced the most difficulty posing with the jaguar due to her being allergic to animals, whilst Dalya was accused of only doing basic poses. Molly was unhappy about being the penultimate girl to shoot, as she felt that the jaguar had grown increasingly frustrated as the day has gone on, giving the girls who shot first an advantage.
At panel, Brittani, Jaclyn and Monique all received positive feedback, but Hannah received top praise for her photo, and was called first. Dalya received the worst feedback, as the judges felt that she was doubting herself, and it was getting in the way of her performance, and she landed in the bottom two alongside Molly, for letting hair trouble distract her. Eventually Molly was saved, and was told that her weave would now be removed altogether.
- First call-out: Hannah Jones
- Bottom two: Dalya Morrow & Molly O'Connell
- Eliminated: Dalya Morrow
- Featured photographer: Baldomero Fernandez
- Special Guest: Rachel Zoe, Vincent Oquendo, Wendy Debbas
First aired March 30, 2011
The girls returned from panel to be greeted by Tyra who wanted to teach the girls about model archetypes, and how to handle the fame that might come to the girls if they make it as successful models. During the lesson, Molly again became emotional about her weave, but Tyra told her that she needed to tough it out and stop complaining, and later, it was finally taken out for good, much to Molly's delight.
|Hannah||Girl next door|
|Jaclyn||Girl next door|
The girls were next taken to their next challenge, where J. Alexander told them that they would spend the afternoon meeting fans of the show. Monique quickly became bored with talking to the fans; when one asked her for a kiss, she instead directed him to Alexandria, who reluctantly kissed him on the cheek. Kasia won the challenge for being engaging with her fans, while still keeping the conversation mostly about modeling, and she chose Brittani and Jaclyn to join her in having dinner with Miss. J. The other girls were left to clean up the mess left by the fans, causing Monique's disgruntlement. Some of the other girls then began to label her 'high maintenance'.
Next, the girls met Jonathan Mannion, their photographer for the week, and learned that they would be posing covered in mud. The girls were shot in groups of four – four blondes in one group, four brunettes in the other. Jonathan was delighted with Brittani's work on set, and even took a shot of her alone, ignoring the other three girls in her group. In between frames in the blond shoot, Alexandria moved Kasia's arm after Jay specifically told her how to position it, and she worried that Jay would relay this back to Tyra, after he took it as her trying to once again to dictate the shoot.
At panel, both group shots received mixed responses from the judges, with Brittani and Kasia being told they were the standouts in their respective groups. Though Mikaela was praised for producing a somewhat stellar performance, Tyra told her she had had better shots, but she has to choose a picture where everybody looks strong together, because the group photo shown on panel did not give justice to the overall strong film. Alexandria produced her first poor film, and her choice of outfit was harshly criticized by Andre. Although the judges decided that the brunettes' photo was stronger, Monique and Mikaela landed at the bottom for coasting and inconsistency respectively. In the end, Mikaela was spared, with a warning to improve her eye expressions, and Monique, who the judges deemed a middle-runner, was eliminated.
- First call-out: Brittani Kline
- Bottom two: Mikaela Schipani & Monique Weingart
- Eliminated: Monique Weingart
- Featured photographer: Jonathan Mannion
- Special guest: Sonia Dara, Mitch Stone, Gloria Elias-Foeillet, Monique Peters
First aired April 6, 2011
After returning from panel, the girls found bags underneath Brittani's digital portrait, filled with materials related to their upcoming challenge – a photo shoot for "Warriors in Pink", a cause against breast cancer. The concept immediately inspired many of the girls, including Brittani and Molly, who both had lost friends and loved ones to breast cancer. Mikaela admitted her confusion about how she was unable to get strong shots due to her extensive modeling experience, but vowed to improve at the next shoot. Alexandria continued to be unpopular amongst the girls, and mostly everyone agreed that she should have been the one to go home at the previous panel. The girls met Nigel at the shoot, and learned he would be their photographer for the day. Each girl would be representing a warrior and would have to do their own hair and makeup.
|Alexandria||Tree of Love|
Before the shoot, Mikaela broke down in tears, but resolved to do a good job regardless. During their shoot, Nigel asked Brittani what she thought about whilst posing, and reacted negatively to her response of "I don’t think, I just do," feeling that Brittani wasn’t passionate enough about modeling. Hannah was criticized for being unmemorable during the shoot. Alexandria on the other hand impressed Nigel, and ultimately won the prize – the chance to shoot a national campaign for "Warriors in Pink", as well as a new 2012 Ford Focus. Backstage following the result, the other girls, led by Brittani, angrily bemoaned the choice of Alexandria winning, feeling that she was undeserving, and when Alexandria defensively told them she could hear what they were saying, Brittani exploded in anger, and told her that none of the girls liked her, and that they felt she should have gone home instead of Monique at last panel, shocking Nigel, who had also overheard everything. Back at the house, the models pondered how to best deal with Alexandria, and when she returned from her campaign shoot, they gave her the silent treatment, though in a confessional, Alexandria claimed that this only further pushed her on to do well.
Next, Jay crept into the models' home in the early hours, and whisked them away for a tour of Universal Studios, where they would be shooting for this week's photo. Each girl had to portray women who are addicted to certain fashion items, shot by Miguel Starcevich.
Mikaela struggled get into character, being overwhelmed by the piles of shopping bags around her. Jaclyn impressed Jay the most, embodying her assignment to the fullest extent.
At panel, Jaclyn received amazing critique for her "crazy for makeup" shoot, while Molly and Kasia also received good feedback. Hannah was commended for pulling out an excellent "crazy for handbags" shot, but Tyra warned her that her overall film was poor. Mikaela again struggled with inconsistency in her film, and she admitted she was never totally sure about the concept of the shot. During Alexandria's critique with the judges, Nigel called Brittani out over her outburst at the challenge, and deemed her unprofessional for airing her personal opinions in the workplace. Although Brittani attempted to defend her actions, Tyra agreed with Nigel, leading to Brittani fleeing out of panel, and breaking down backstage. Soon after, Brittani returned to get her critique in the middle of a panic attack, and attempted to apologize to the judges for her actions. Her picture was generally well received by the judges, but her professionalism was called into question, with Tyra feeling that her outburst had made her appear unattractive to the judges.
During deliberation, Tyra recalled the elimination of Toccara Jones in cycle 3, and how she had been outnumbered by the other judges that day. Tyra said that Brittani was her choice to be eliminated, but again found herself in the minority, with the other three judges hoping that Brittani would learn from her experience, which Tyra was unsure of. Backstage, Alexandria confronted the other girls, and after asking them why they disliked her so much, Brittani stormed out once again.
After the fight, Jaclyn received a first call-out for her excellent picture, while Molly, Hannah, Kasia, and Alexandria all safely progressed to the next round. Tyra praised Alexandria for the way she handled herself throughout the difficult panel and that she would have been called much sooner if she showed more feeling in her eyes. Mikaela and Brittani were called forward as the bottom two; Mikaela for her declining performance, and Brittani for being unprofessional. Ultimately, Tyra halfheartedly handed the final photo to Brittani, stating that if she had not been outvoted, Mikaela would have continued in the competition and Brittani would have been eliminated.
- First call-out: Jaclyn Poole
- Bottom two: Brittani Kline & Mikaela Schipani
- Eliminated: Mikaela Schipani
- Featured photographer: Miguel Starcevich
- Special guest: Eric Daman, Marie-Flore Beaubien, Desirae Cherman
First aired April 13, 2011
Following her narrow escape at the previous panel, Brittani apologized to Alexandria for her outbursts against her on the way home, and though most agreed that Alexandria's attitude had improved, Molly theorized that nothing had changed, and that Alexandria was just acting nice, and the other girls were foolish to believe her supposed act. Tyra helped the girls put together portfolios for their impending go-sees, and after giving each girl their portfolio, informed them that each contained a letter of the name of this cycle's overseas destination. After a scramble, the girls learned that they would be going to Morocco, but Tyra surprised them by revealing that this cycle, only five girls would be going overseas, and that the girls performance at go-sees would play a major part in the judge's deliberations at panel.
At the house, the girls met Kyle Hagler from IMG Models, who gave them their brief for the go-sees. Each girl had four hours to visit four different castings, each representing a different archetype of modeling – Athletic, Bombshell, Couture and Girl Next Door, before returning to Lana Marks for one final go-see. Each girl was given a driver for the challenge, but was told that they had to direct the drivers to the go-sees. Alexandria found this to be an advantage, as she was the only girl who had a pre-existing knowledge of L.A, claiming she knew it like the back of her hand. All of the girls made it back to Lana Marks in time, including Alexandria who arrived with only 30 seconds to spare, and Kyle informed the girls that only the three who performed the best throughout the day would move onto a go-see with Lana, for the chance to appear in a global campaign, as well as a gift bag from the designers. Alexandria, Kasia and Molly moved onto the top three, and after a go-see with Lana, Alexandria was named as the challenge winner. At the house, Brittani felt resigned to going home, feeling that her failure to progress past the first round at go-sees, on top of her performance at the previous panel would eliminate her.
Next, the girls were taken to the Olinda Landfill in Orange County, where they would be taking part in their next photoshoot with Nigel. The girls would be wearing couture dresses designed specifically by Michael Cinco for each girl. Before their shoot, Nigel reassured Brittani that she was still in the competition because the judges felt she was worth keeping, but warned her that it was pivotal that she get a good shot. In spite of their surroundings, most of the girls impressed Nigel and Jay, but Molly's complaining detracted from her strong performance.
At the panel, Alexandria swept the board, with the judges loving her stunning high fashion shot, and booking all four of her go-see appointments. Molly had a strong picture, but was warned that the designers were all put off by her personality whilst she was waiting to see the casting agents, and was told she would have won the challenge if her personality was better. Before receiving her picture, Brittani apologized to Tyra for her actions at the previous panel, and Tyra accepted, though her, and Jaclyn's failure to make no more than two go-sees was strongly criticized by the judges. Hannah had a strong performance in all aspects of the week, but the judges were concerned that she was too fragile for the industry.
Alexandria's strong performance earned her second first call out of the competition, while Hannah, Kasia and Brittani all joined her on the plane to Morocco, leaving Jaclyn and Molly as the bottom two – Jaclyn for only making two go-sees, and Molly for her questionable attitude and passion for modeling. In the end, Molly was deemed to have more potential, eliminating Jaclyn despite having a stellar portfolio.
- First call-out: Alexandria Everett
- Bottom two: Jaclyn Poole & Molly O'Connell
- Eliminated: Jaclyn Poole
- Featured photographer: Nigel Barker
- Special Guest: Lana Marks, Kyle Hagler, Daniella Clarke, Rachel Williams, Oday Shakar, Jerry Avenaim, Michael Cinco, Bruce Grayson
First aired April 27, 2011
The final five girls arrived in Marrakech, Morocco, the location for the rest of the cycle, and met the Jay's who informed them that they would be given the day off to see Morocco, and each of the girls reflected on their position in the competition. Alexandria was pleased that her fortunes appeared to be changing, while Molly worried that the judges would lose faith in her.
Later, the girls met with Andre, who asked the girls to show him their walks in elaborate couture outfits designed by Noureddine Amir, and while most of the girls did well, Kasia was upset to find that none of the dresses at the studio fitted her plus sized frame, but did a good job of hiding her hurt feelings from Andre. The girls were then taken to a rooftop, where they again met Andre for a chat, before being surprised to learn that they were actually on the roof of their new luxury Marrakech apartment. Molly however was unhappy when she learned that she would have to share a bed with Brittani and Kasia.
The girl's first overseas photoshoot took them to the Marrakech desert, where they had to pose on the back of camels for photographer Michael Woolley. Molly attempted to improve her image around set, and impressed Jay with a strong performance, but Kasia struggled at the shoot, and admitted that she was feeling uncomfortable with her body. Alexandria was initially excited for the shoot, but her continuing control issues annoyed Michael, and she struggled to perform well.
At panel, the girls were introduced to Franca Sozzani, editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, who was the guest judge for the week. Molly, Brittani and Hannah were all praised for strong shots, with Hannah finally being told that she stood out, with her shoot being completely different from the other girls. Alexandria received mixed comments on her shot, and was warned of the dangers of upsetting the photographer, while Kasia was criticized for lacking energy in her shot, and for letting her body issues get in the way of her performance.
Eventually, Molly received the first call out for her excellent shot, followed by Brittani and Hannah. Alexandria and Kasia were called forward as the bottom two, Alexandria for not performing as well as some of the other girls, and for her demeanor at set, and Kasia for being inconsistent from week-to-week, and lacking confidence. Ultimately, Kasia was eliminated and Alexandria was spared.
- First call-out: Molly O'Connell
- Bottom two: Alexandria Everett & Kasia Pilewicz
- Eliminated: Kasia Pilewicz
- Featured photographer: Michael Wooley
- Special Guest: Franca Sozzani, Noureddine Amir, Audrey Lambert, Vincent Jabes, Maria Cristina Petrone
Daniella Issa Helayel
First aired May 4, 2011
The day after returning from panel, Miss J. arrived at the top model apartment, and escorted the girls to an informal meeting with Franca Sozzani, the editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, giving them the chance to ask her questions, and show her their portfolios. After Franca left, J. next introduced the girls to Noor Talbi, a professional tea-tray dancer, who after teaching the girls the art of balancing trays on their heads, informed them that they would have to demonstrate what they had learned in front of a live audience later that night.
At the challenge, J. informed the girls of a further twist – they would have to balance lit candles on their trays, as well as dance with a professional group of tea-tray dancers. Molly struggled, tripping on her skirt almost immediately, and making little effort to recover, but Brittani excelled and managed to keep her tray balanced for her whole routine. Alexandria initially performed well, but dropped her tray completely in her final move. Eventually, Brittani was named as the challenge winner, giving her the opportunity to have a personal runway lesson from J, along with Hannah, whom she chose to share the reward with.
Later, the girls were wandering through Marrakech, and discovered a stall with unusual delicacies, including eyeballs and goat's brain, which each of the girls sampled. Later, Brittani regretted her decision at the restaurant, having fallen ill since eating there.
At the photo shoot, Jay told the girls that their shoot would be a continuation of the story behind their last shoot, and introduced them to their photographer for the week, Friedemann Hauss. Hannah struggled to successfully portray her story, while Molly and Brittani once again excelled. Alexandria was excited for the shoot, but became frustrated when Jay warned her not to be something other than a pretty girl, and consequently her performance suffered.
At panel, Alexandria received a mixed response for her photo, with the judges deeming it not high fashion, something which they also said of Brittani, though they still liked her picture. Hannah also had a decent picture, but the judges again worried that she was not a standout. Molly impressed them the most with her high fashion shot, and she earned the first call-out. Hannah and Alexandria were named as the bottom two, both for control issues – Alexandria for being too controlling in her face at her shoots, and Hannah for lacking control to be consistent. Ultimately, Hannah was given a reprieve while Alexandria was eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Molly O'Connell
- Bottom two: Alexandria Everett & Hannah Jones
- Eliminated: Alexandria Everett
- Featured photographer: Friedemann Hauss
- Special Guest: Daniella Issa Helayel, Franca Sozzani, Noor Talbi, Vincent Jabes, Audrey Lambert
First aired May 11, 2011
Following panel, the girls all reflected on their chances at winning the competition, and identified Molly as the frontrunner. Jay arrived at the house, and showed the girls a video message from Lara Spencer of The Insider,[Note 1] who informed them of this week's challenge–-each girl would have to research one of three fashion and beauty methods common in Marrakesh, and then shoot an informative 90-second video report about their selected topic. Brittani was criticized for not utilizing her expert fully and running from inside to the outer market while the camera followed her, causing her to run over her allotted time. Molly was commended for finishing her report within the 90 seconds, although she was reminded to maximize her time. Hannah impressed with her video but likewise went over the allotted time. Ultimately, Molly won the challenge.
Next, Tyra visited the girls to check how they were coping in the competition. Molly became emotional while talking about missing her family, and how poorly she had treated them in the past, and resolved to make them proud, while Hannah reflected on how she had grown as a person in the competition. Brittani revealed that she had been bullied as a child because of her mom's anxiety issues, but Tyra encouraged them to keep trying to prove their doubters wrong. After the chat, Tyra held an impromptu photo shoot with the girls, and helped them to isolate parts of their bodies without moving other parts.
The girls then arrived for the week's photo shoot, where they would be posing on the beach with a male model in traditional Moroccan wedding gowns. Molly was concerned about posing with a male model for the first time, and struggled as a result. Hannah impressed Nigel with the conflicted narrative she came up with for her shoot. Brittani again felt uncomfortable with the idea of acting sexy, and began to cry mid-shoot after being accused of being overconfident by Jay.
At panel, Tyra informed the girls that she was so impressed with their performances at the wedding gown shoot, that she had selected two pictures from each girl's film instead of one. Contrary to her expectations, Molly produced two beautiful shots, though Nigel admitted he didn’t enjoy shooting her, while Hannah produced some of her best pictures in the competition so far. Brittani excelled once again, and was commended for excellent posing, though Nigel scolded her for crying during the shoot.
Ultimately, Molly gained a first call-out, and progressed to the final two. Brittani and Hannah were left as the bottom two, where Hannah was chastised for her fragility and questionable inner strength, while Brittani was told that the judges felt her performance had declined as the competition moved to Morocco. In the end, Brittani was saved, and an emotional Hannah left the competition.
- First call-out: Molly O'Connell
- Bottom two: Brittani Kline & Hannah Jones
- Eliminated: Hannah Jones
- Featured photographer: Tyra Banks, Nigel Barker
- Special Guest: Lara Spencer, Ivan Bart, Younes Tazi, Audrey Lambert, Vincent Jabes
First aired May 18, 2011
Brittani and Molly faced Jay Manuel for their CoverGirl Lip Perfection commercial and print ad. To help them perfect their lines, the girls were given a teleprompter and to add challenge, they will be shot in three simultaneous angles. Molly found herself struggling because she felt that the girl-next-door image was not her personality, while Brittani was experiencing panic attacks, though both girls managed to pull through.
Next, the final two then met stylist Valentina Serra and top fashion photographer Pierpaolo Ferrari for their Vogue Italia cover shoots. Brittani was praised for her professionalism at the shoot, while Molly was castigated for lack of commitment. That night, Molly was surprised to see her foster parents, while Brittani's mother was not able to come due to medical reasons, but as she was allowed to talk with her mother via Skype.
The girls were joined by cycle 15 winner Ann Ward, as well as previously eliminated girls Kasia, Alexandria and Hannah for the Vivienne Westwood fashion show. Though both girls excelled throughout the whole show, Brittani accidentally went out of character by laughing while doing a semi-erotic pose with Molly. Brittani stumbled at the penultimate part of the show, injuring herself, though she decided to perform in the final walk anyway. After the show, Ivan Bart surprised the girls by announcing that they would have a second set of makeovers before facing the judges, much to the girls' surprise. Some of the girls' hair was cut short.
Jay Manuel revealed himself as their guest judge for the final panel, Brittani was hailed for doing well in the CoverGirl commercial, while Molly was accused for looking mean. For their fashion show, both were hailed for their strong performances. Though Nigel and Tyra castigated Brittani for her laughing incident, they commended her for pushing through her injury. One of the judges thought Molly's walk was a bit bouncy and cheap while Brittani's was like in an urban rush. During deliberations, the judges were torn because both girls displayed equally strong bodies of work. Their portfolios were neck and neck, with Molly's being slightly higher. They considered Brittani romantic, while Molly was hard.
The girls were called back, and Brittani was revealed to be the winner of the sixteenth cycle of America's Next Top Model.
- Final Two: Brittani Kline & Molly O'Connell
- America's Next Top Model: Brittani Kline
- Featured Photographer: Pierpaolo Ferrari
- Special Guest: Ivan Bart, Valentina Serra, Ann Ward
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 2, Ondrei quit the competition when she was called forward for her individual evaluation at judging panel.
- Episode 9 was the recap episode.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Backstage of a fashion show shot by Russell James
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Extreme beauty shots with bees & jewelry
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Alice in Wonderland inspired couture dresses by Lori Goldstein in groups on a ranch
- Episode 4 commercial: Retro-style coffee commercial
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Rachel Zoe's Faux fur with a baby jaguar
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Blondes vs. Brunettes covered in mud
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Crazies for fashion in Universal Studios
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Eco-friendly couture in a landfill
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Nomads posing on a camel
- Episode 11 photo shoot: Moroccan women In Jemaa el-Fnaa
- Episode 12 photo shoot: Love story on a Marrakech beach with a male model
- Episode 13 photo shoot and commercial: CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor commercial and print ad, and Beauty In Vogue spread
- Alexandria - Longer, Straighter, Blonder
- Brittani - Short Dutch Boy
- Dalya - Long Black & Sraight
- Dominique - Kinky Red & Wild with Matching Eyebrows
- Hannah - Dirty Blonde & Big Waves
- Jaclyn - Big Gurly & Curly
- Kasia - Big Blonde, Crimped Craziness
- Mikaela - Think Pocahontas
- Molly - What if Diana Ross was a Blonde?
- Monique - Add a Few Gentle Waves
- Sara - Manly Short Brown Spikes
Post-Top Model careers
- Angelia Alvarez has been signed with Posche Models.
- Ondrei Edwards has taken a few test shots.
- Alexandria Everett has been signed with Marilyn Agency in Paris and has done some test shots. She participated in America's Next Top Model, cycle 17: All-Stars along with other returning models. She has also walked for Alex London along with Jane Randall, Hannah Jones and Ann Ward and has modeled for Wonderland Collection: Eyewear by Malachi Artese and Lipstick & Lollipops Fashion Rave. She can be seen in the music video "As She's Walking Away" by Zac Brown Band.
- Hannah Jones has been signed with Page Parkes Management, Industry Models, MAC Cosmetics and also with Impostor Magazine. She moved to Los Angeles, California after the show and currently modeling in Dallas and has done test shots. She was seen modeling with fellow ANTM contestants Raina Hein of cycle 14 and Brittany Brown of cycle 19. She also walked for Alex London with Jane Randall, Alexandria Everett and Ann Ward. She appeared in a videography with Raina Hein about designs by MASAI PAYAN. Besides this, she was at IceLink Pre-AMA Fashion Showcase. She currently has a recurring role on the Disney Channel original series, Austin & Ally.
- Brittani Kline is currently signed with Muse Model Management in New York, Premier Model Management in London, Why Not Models in Milan, Paragon Model Management in Mexico City and P Models. She has walked for Balenciaga Resort and Prabal Gurung. She also appeared in Interview Magazine. She used to be signed with IMG Models in New York City under the name of "Autumn" but her contract was terminated. She appeared in a Vogue Mexico advertorial for United Colors of Benetton. Her Beauty In Vogue and Vogue Italia spreads were published in November 2011. She has also done several test shots and had a campaign in CoverGirl cosmetics.
- Sara Longoria has done many test shots and has been signed with Urban Model Management in Milan.
- Nicole Lucas has taken some test shots and has returned to modeling in Singapore and is signed with Avenue. Nicole's modeling work includes Elle, Style Magazine Singapore, Seventeen Magazine, Luxx Magazine, MasterCard, and walking for various designers including Chanel.
- Dalya Morrow has been signed with Wünder Model Management.
- Molly O'Connell has been signed with Images Management in New York and Paragon Model Management in Mexico and has modeled for Hampden Clothing, Spring 2013 Collection.
- Kasia Pilewicz has been signed with Factor Model Management in Chicago.
- Jaclyn Poole has been signed with Models International.
- Mikaela Schipani has been signed with I Model Management, Paragon Models in Mexico and Ford Models in Miami. She also signed with Fenton Moon NY along with Andrea Debevc and Natasha Galkina and have Fashion Week S/S 2013 Show Cards for New York S/S 2013.
- Dominique Waldrup has done a few test shots. She also had her own blog, in which she blogs about her day-to-day life.
- Monique Victoria Weingart has been signed with Otto Models in Los Angeles. Also, in 2012, appeared on the Fox show The Choice.
- At the time of the filming, Lara Spencer was the anchor of The Insider. Although Spencer no longer worked on that show since the episode was aired and it has now renamed to omg! Insider.
- "'America's Next Top Model' sixteenth-season cast revealed by The CW". The CW. February 2, 2011. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "ANTM 16 - 4 all those who guessed Morocco (or saw us filming) you're right! Want a camel ride?". Jay Manuel. January 14, 2011. Retrieved January 14, 2011.
- "America's Next Top Model Cast | Bios | Molly". 2011-02-07. Archived from the original on February 7, 2011. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- "'America's Next Top Model' sixteenth-season cast revealed by The CW". Reality TV World. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- "'America's Next Top Model' loses Ondrei Edwards and Nicole Lucas". Reality TV World. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- modelscribe (February 27, 2011). "Hannah Jones for Shawn Welling Photography « Where are the models of ANTM now?". Antm411.wordpress.com. Archived from the original on April 26, 2011. Retrieved March 30, 2011.
- Angelia — POSCHE MODELS
- Ward, Kate (May 12, 2011). "'Top Model All-Stars' cast reported: Lisa D'Amato, Isis King in; Jade out". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on June 24, 2011. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- Hannah Jones - Page Parkes Management
- Hannah Jones - Industry Models
- Hannah Jones - Impostor Magazine
- [vimeo.com/56132031 Hannah Jones - Guigo Foggiatto Final Exit (featuring designs by Masai)]
- Hannah Jones - IceLink Pre-AMA Fashion Showcase
- Brittani Kline - Paragon Model Management
- "P Models Boutique style Model and Talent Agency in Central & South Florida". P-models.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Nededog, Jethro (2011-05-19). "'America's Next Top Model' winner Brittani Kline: 'There was no Plan B' - Zap2it | News & Features". Blog.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- URBAN MANAGEMENT - SARA LONGORIA
- Dalya Morrow - Wünder Management
- Molly O'Connell - Fashion Model - Profile with photos, biography and more on FMD
- "M O L L Y - Paragon". Paragonmodelmanagement.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Molly O'Connell - Fashion Models - Bellazon
- Molly O’Connell for Hampden Clothing, Spring 2013 Collection
- "Jaclyn Poole". mi-agency. Archived from the original on 2 May 2012.
- Mikaela - I Model Management.
- "M I K A E L A - Paragon". Paragonmodelmanagement.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Mikaela - Ford Models Miami
- Mikaela Schipani - Fentoon Moon NY
- Monique Victoria Weingart - OTTO MODELS