America's Next Top Model (cycle 19)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 19)|
Cycle 19 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||The CW|
August 24– November 16, 2012
|No. of contestants||13|
The nineteenth cycle of America's Next Top Model (subtitled as America's Next Top Model: College Edition), consisted of thirteen episodes and was broadcast on The CW. It aired from August 24, 2012, until November 16, 2012, and was promoted by the catchphrase "Only One Can Be Top of the Class". The program saw thirteen women, all of whom were enrolled in higher education, compete for the title of America's Next Top Model, providing them with an opportunity to begin their career in the modeling industry. Its premise was originated with model Tyra Banks, who additionally serves as its executive producer and presenter.
- 1 Format changes
- 2 Prizes
- 3 Contestants
- 4 Episode summaries
- 4.1 The Girl Who Makes the Grade
- 4.2 The Girl Who Cries Home
- 4.3 The Girl Who Wants Out
- 4.4 The Girl Who Does What Tyler Perry Says
- 4.5 The Girl Who Sings for Alicia Keys
- 4.6 The Girl Who Gets Pwn'd
- 4.7 The Girl Who Licks the Floor
- 4.8 The Girl Who Comes Back
- 4.9 The Girls Go to Jamaica
- 4.10 The Girl Who Becomes Art for Tyra
- 4.11 The Girl Who Freaks Out On Horseback
- 4.12 The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model
- 4.13 The Girl With The Best Top Model Freakout
- 5 Comeback series
- 6 Summaries
- 7 Ratings
- 8 Post-Top Model careers
- 9 References
This was the first cycle to feature a cast of all-new contestants since cycle 16 (cycle 17 (All-Stars) featured only returning contestants from previous cycles, while cycle 18 (British Invasion) featured seven new American models alongside seven returning contestants from previous cycles of Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model).
Judge and fashion photographer Nigel Barker, runway coach Miss J. Alexander and photo shoot creative director Jay Manuel were dismissed from the show after the previous cycle in an attempt to revitalize the show. They were replaced by British model Rob Evans and Filipino fashion blogger Bryanboy. Johnny Wujek also joined the crew as the new creative director of photo shoots. Evans and Bryanboy joined the judging panel with Banks and Cutrone, marking the return of four permanent judges since cycle 12. This cycle did not feature guest judges at panel
Another change was the incorporation of public voting as a factor in eliminations. A 1–10 scoring system was implemented to determine the merits of each contestant's performances at challenges and photo shoots, and the results for each week were calculated on a 50-point scale, with a maximum possible score of 10 from each of the three judges (Banks, Cutrone and Evans) and for each challenge and a maximum possible average social media score of 10.0. Each week, the girl with the lowest combined score was eliminated from the competition.
The eliminated girls still participated in every photo shoot (including those taking place after the comeback competition was finished), and their photos were also still available to be voted on by the public. This separate competition was documented on the "Comeback series", which was untelevised and instead shown on The CW's official website. It lasted for six weeks, and the winning contestant, with the highest average social media score throughout the cycle (Leila Goldkuhl), was allowed to rejoin the main competition.
The prizes for this cycle were a modeling contract with LA Models and NY Model Management, a position the face of the America’s Next Top Model fragrance Dream Come True, a fashion spread in Nylon magazine, campaigns with Nine West and Smashbox cosmetics and a $100,000 cash prize. The following prizes were removed: A position as guest correspondent for Extra, a fashion spread in Vogue Italia, a cover of and fashion spread in Beauty In Vogue, a single produced and released by CBS Records and a US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics, the series' long-time sponsor.
(ages stated are at start of contest)
|Jessie Rabideau||23||5 ft 9.75 in (1.77 m)||Speedway, Indiana||University of Southern California||Episode 2||13|
|Maria Tucker||22||5 ft 7.25 in (1.71 m)||Las Cruces, New Mexico||Harvard University||Episode 3||12 (quit)|
|Darian Ellis||22||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Baton Rouge, Louisiana||Louisiana State University||11|
|Destiny Strudwick||18||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)||Columbus, Ohio||Aveda Institute Columbus||Episode 4||10|
|Yvonne Powless||20||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)||Minneapolis, Minnesota||University of Texas at Austin||Episode 6||9|
|Allyssa Vuelma||20||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||Florida State University||Episode 7||8|
|Brittany Brown||18||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Gilbert, Arizona||Chandler–Gilbert Community College||Episode 8||7|
|Victoria Henley||18||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)||Colquitt, Georgia||Liberty University||Episode 9||6|
|Kristin Kagay||19||5 ft 7.25 in (1.71 m)||Jacksonville, Florida||Florida State College at Jacksonville||Episode 10||5|
|Nastasia Scott||19||5 ft 8.25 in (1.73 m)||East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania||East Stroudsburg University||Episode 11||4|
|Leila Goldkuhl||20||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Framingham, Massachusetts||University of Rhode Island||Episode 12||3|
|Kiara Belen||22||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Las Vegas, Nevada||University of California, Irvine||2|
|Laura James||21||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Cambridge, New York||Paul Smith's College||1|
The Girl Who Makes the Grade
Thirty semi-finalists arrived at a party outside the Top Model sorority house for casting week. Tyra introduced the cycle's judges – returning judge Kelly Cutrone and a new judge, male model Rob Evans, along with new creative director Johnny Wujek. She also reveals that public voting would be a factor in determining each week's results. The contestants did a walk-off in front of the party guests and shot the cycle's promotional photo shoot before meeting the judging panel for their interviews.
Notable contestants included Destiny, who had been homeless since the age of 14, Jessie, who accidentally flashed her buttocks during the walk-off, Kristin, a fan favourite who confessed to being a bully in high school, Laura, who gained attention for being the daughter of Dynasty's John James, Leila, who gained attention for her gap teeth and Victoria, who was homeschooled since the age of 9, and who labeled a fan "racist" for calling her face "boring".
After deliberating with the rest of the judges, Tyra met the contestants and revealed the thirteen girls who would advance to the main competition and move into the Top Model sorority house.
- Special guests: Taryn Manning
The Girl Who Cries Home
Tyra visited the girls at the house to tell them of the changes in the show's format. These included the new scoring system, a luxurious private room called the "Tyra Suite", which only best photo winners, along with another girl of their choice, could have access to, and the "scholarship bank", in which the winner of each challenge would receive a $10,000 deposit (however, only the winner of the competition would be able to cash in any of her winnings).
The girls were taken to Club Eden in Hollywood for their first challenge, in which they participated in a dance-themed runway show. Brittany, Kiara, Victoria and Yvonne received positive feedback from guest judge Jonte'. Kristin accidentally flashed her buttocks, while Jessie received criticism. Yvonne was deemed the best and won the challenge, and she received the key to the Tyra Suite, where she was allowed to stay for the rest of the week.
After arriving back at the house, the girls saw their challenge scores displayed on a plasma screen. Challenge winner Yvonne had a perfect score of 10. Destiny questioned her average score of 5, and Kiara said that Destiny may have looked "too stripper". Destiny, offended, discussed Kiara's comment with Darian and some of the other girls. Unbeknownst to her, Kiara was listening to their conversation from the kitchen, and confronted Darian and Destiny.
The girls were photographed by Shenae Grimes for their first official photo shoot, in which they portrayed taxidermied animals. Back at the house, Kiara told the girls about her dysfunctional childhood, while a homesick Victoria tearfully called her mother.
At panel, the girls were introduced to fashion blogger Bryanboy, who was the cycle's social media correspondent. Kristin impressed the public again, while Leila received a perfect score of 30 from the judges. Darian, Kiara and Maria received low scores from the public. The public deemed Brittany "arrogant", while Maria protested that her best photo was not chosen. Leila had the highest combined score, meaning she was the winner of best photo and the key to the Tyra Suite. Destiny and Jessie landed in the bottom two for their "plain" photographs, and Jessie was the first girl eliminated from the competition.
After Jessie was eliminated, Bryanboy spoke to her in private, telling her that she had the opportunity to participate in the next six weeks' photo shoots, and that the public would still be able to vote on her photos. She would be able to return to the competition if she had the highest average social media score out of the eliminated contestants after that time.
- First call-out: Leila Goldkuhl
- Bottom two: Destiny Strudwick & Jessie Rabideau
- Eliminated: Jessie Rabideau
- Featured photographer: Shenae Grimes
- Special guests: Iota Phi Theta step team, Jonte', P'Trique
The Girl Who Wants Out
The girls were taken to the Cristophe Salon, where they were greeted by Kelly, Johnny and the salon's owner, Cristophe. For the first time in the show's history, the girls were allowed to choose whether or not they received a makeover, but the makeovers would not be revealed until after everyone had made their decision, and the girls would not be able to revoke their decisions after the makeovers were revealed. Maria and Victoria refused their makeovers, while everyone else accepted. Tyra visited the girls at the salon and talked with Maria and Victoria regarding her decision not to have her makeover, and Tyra revealed to them what their makeovers would have been. While Victoria regretted her decision, Maria stood by hers. Kelly also confronted Maria about her decision. Meanwhile, Destiny feared that her new hairstyle would "make her look like a lesbian". Back at the house, the girls discussed Maria, while Kiara told Allyssa to tell Darian to "be quiet" after midnight. This led to a heated argument between Darian and Kiara.
The next day, the girls were taken to their next photo shoot, in which they were required to pose nude with Rob Evans. Allyssa, Brittany, Laura and Victoria impressed Johnny, while Darian struggled. Backstage, Maria discussed the conversation she had with Kelly during the makeover session with Allyssa and Destiny, calling Kelly "a cunt". She withdrew from the competition, saying that modelling was "not for [her]".
- Quit: Maria Tucker
Back at the house, the girls discussed Maria again, and were happy about her withdrawal. Victoria continued to worry about her refusal of her makeover, and tearfully telephoned her mother again, while Destiny continued to express her dissatisfaction with her makeover.
At judging, Brittany and Victoria received praise from both the judges and social media. Allyssa, Laura, Leila and Victoria each received a score of 10 from one judge, while Brittany received a 10 from both Tyra and Kelly. Victoria apologized to the judges for her decision regarding the makeover, and wore her hair curly in an attempt to mimic what her makeover would have been. Darian, Kiara and Yvonne disappointed the judges and the social media. Victoria won best photo, while Darian and Yvonne landed in the bottom two. Their social media scores decided their verdict due to them both having received 16 points from the judges, with Yvonne surviving with a 0.03-point higher score than Darian. Tyra proceeded to inform Darian and the other girls that every eliminated model would have the opportunity to participate in all the following photo shoots in an effort to return to the competition.
- First call-out: Victoria Henley
- Bottom two: Darian Ellis & Yvonne Powless
- Eliminated: Darian Ellis
- Featured photographer: Tony Duran
- Special guests: Cristophe, P'Trique
The Girl Who Does What Tyler Perry Says
Tensions flare when Kristin goes through Destiny's bag to get a lighter without asking for her permission.
The girls later meet Tyler Perry at 3rd Street in Santa Monica Boulevard for an acting challenge where Tyra and Tyler will tell the girls what to do while they portray a persona they've been randomly assigned.
|Confused and Starstruck Tourist||Destiny & Nastasia|
|Delusional Wannabe Diva||Kiara, Leila & Victoria|
|Free Spirit Street Performer||Allyssa & Laura|
|Superstar Rap Artist||Brittany, Kristin & Yvonne|
Destiny and Leila struggle, while Victoria angers a tourist to the point that he throws food at her. Kiara, Laura and Yvonne do the best job. Kiara wins the challenge, and is given the opportunity to star in a role in one of Tyler Perry's newest productions.
Later they are whisked away to Universal Studios, where they are dressed up as zombies for an apocalyptic photo shoot. Laura, Leila and Brittany shine, while Yvonne and Destiny struggle. Kiara is critiqued for looking like a video girl, and Kristin irritates Johnny with her attitude. She also struggles to get a good shot.
At panel, Kristin receives low scores from the judges. Nastasia is castigated for looking short in her photo. Laura receives the highest fan vote in the competition thus far. She also receives the highest possible score from the judges, and later receives best photo as a result. Destiny and Yvonne are once again placed in the bottom two, both for having delivered lackluster photos. Yvonne is saved in the end, and Destiny is eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Laura James
- Bottom two: Destiny Strudwick & Yvonne Powless
- Eliminated: Destiny Strudwick
- Featured photographer: Ricky Middlesworth
- Special guests: Tyler Perry
The Girl Who Sings for Alicia Keys
For having received best photo the previous episode, Laura is allowed to sleep in the Tyra suite along with a guest of her choosing. She chooses Kristin to join her, and talks about how Leila might be mad at her for having chosen Kristin instead of her.
Tyra and Alicia Keys later show up and tell the girls that they will wearing clothes designed by Mara Hoffman for a runway show as part of Alicia Keys' charity "Keep Children Alive". Laura is chosen as the leader of the challenge, due to her first call-out. The winner of the challenge will be decided by the audience, who will cast votes on their favorite dresses. Backstage during the runway show, Kelly questions Laura about the direction she is giving the girls.
After the challenge concludes, Kiara, Laura and Victoria receive the highest bids. Kiara wins the challenge and chooses Nastasia to accompany her in an Alicia Keys concert.
Back at the house, Allyssa is revealed to have received the lowest score for the challenge. Kiara tells Leila that Laura has said that she is obsessed with her. Leila proceeds to confront Laura, and tells her that she is obsessed with herself. As multiple contestants begin to step into the room, a fight quickly ensues among the rest of the girls.
At the photo shoot, Jonte' teaches the girls about posing while being tossed in the air as a cheerleader. Kristin, Nastasia and Victoria are praised, while Allyssa, Brittany and Leila struggle. Laura, who is afraid of heights, conquers her fears to get a good picture.
At panel, most of the girls receive mixed feedback. Laura is praised for her great shot and for having pushed through her fears. After the scores are combined, it is Nastasia who receives best photo. Leila and Brittany shockingly find themselves in the bottom two, much to the surprise of the girls and the judges. Despite a low fan and challenge score, Brittany manages to survive the elimination by a margin of 0.5 to Leila, who is eliminated despite her consistently high fan score, leaving her feeling extremely emotional.
- First call-out: Nastasia Scott
- Bottom two: Brittany Brown & Leila Goldkuhl
- Eliminated: Leila Goldkuhl
- Featured photographer: Sarah Silver
- Special guests: Alicia Keys, Mara Hoffman, Jonte'
The Girl Who Gets Pwn'd
After the shocking elimination of Leila, most of the girls stepped up their game, while both Brittany and Yvonne got irritated with Bryanboy's reaction to Leila's elimination. The girls then go to The Culver Studios where they were greeted by a video game version of Rob Evans and model Chrissy Teigen, they announce that they will act a video game scene. Brittany and Kristin did well while Yvonne did not look like she want to do the challenge and although Victoria's character was praised, her body postures are the worries of the judges. Laura impressed them the most and she won the challenge which is a signature winning move that will be featured in the video game, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Back at the house Victoria was worried about her position in the competition so she had an emotional conversation with her mother.
For the photo shoot, the girls are styled in a Steampunk fashion in a train station where they will pose with an owl named Groovy from Harry Potter movies. Brittany asked Bryanboy about his reaction during the last panel and later clear things out with him and she received good feedback. Laura also delivered beautifully, Kristin had some problems posing with the owl and struggled to get a shot, Victoria struggled also although she implemented a long background story for her shoot, and on Yvonne's shoot where they have to change her skirt, Yvonne made a tongue noise which made Bryanboy scold Yvonne who fights back at him. After the tension, Yvonne then later apologized to Bryanboy.
At panel, Laura swept the victory as she got a perfect score from the judges and high score on both social media and challenge. Brittany excelled despite Kelly's remark about her Disney persona, Nastasia was again castigated for looking short in a photo. Victoria landed in the bottom two for slowly sliding down the competition with Yvonne who was eliminated for an average photo and a bad attitude on set.
- First call-out: Laura James
- Bottom two: Victoria Henley & Yvonne Powless
- Eliminated: Yvonne Powless
- Featured photographer: Mike Ruiz
- Special guests: Chrissy Teigen, Taylor Kurosaki, Mike Mukatis, P'Trique
The Girl Who Licks the Floor
Most of the girls are worried about Victoria's health, as she did not eat a lot. According to Victoria, she wasn't eating as much because she missed her mom. Bryanboy told the girls that they would go on a road trip for their challenge, Divided into two teams.
|One||Allyssa, Brittany, Kristin & Laura|
|Two||Kiara, Nastasia & Victoria|
Each team had three stops on their way to Palm Springs, and each girl had to photograph themselves committing 'Random Acts of Modelling' at every stop. Most of the girls struggled to create the required shots. Victoria accidentally did not save one of Kiara's segments, which irritated her. Laura ultimately won the challenge, and as her prize she won the opportunity to have a segment as a host in Nylon TV.
After their long drive, the girls did a photo shoot where they had to pose in gross and sticky situations. Brittany, Kristin and Nastasia were praised, while Allyssa, Kiara and Laura struggled. Meanwhile, Victoria made up yet another back story for her shoot. When they returned to their sorority house, the girls were concerned about Victoria's health and confronted her for it.
At panel, Brittany, Kristin and Nastasia were praised. Even though Victoria's photo was stellar, Tyra asked the girls about her condition in the competition, and about their worries that Victoria had been losing weight. During the elimination ceremony, Nastasia received the best photo. Tyra warned Victoria that if she restricted her food intake, she would have to go home. Allyssa and Laura were placed in the bottom two for their weak shots. Tyra handed the last photo to Laura, and emotionally eliminated Allyssa.
- First call-out: Nastasia Scott
- Bottom two: Allyssa Vuelma & Laura James
- Eliminated: Allyssa Vuelma
- Featured photographer: Douglas Friedman
- Special guests: Marissa Montgomery, Marvin Scott Jarrett
The Girl Who Comes Back
After panel, most of the girls brought up the incident about Victoria's health which lead into the tension between Kristin and Victoria. Kelly then informed the girls that they will do a go-sees with some of the biggest designers in Los Angeles, the designers can only book one model but the models can book more than one designers. Victoria tried to impress Whitney Port and tries to outshines Kiara as her partner, Laura broke down as she wants to go to Guess but has a little time to go, but she then won the challenge while Brittany and Victoria did not book any.
The girls go to a prison where they will do a photo shoot which is a fashion mugshot which is also a message for young college students. Kristin and Laura excel, while Brittany struggles with her character. Nastasia and Victoria get into their characters, while Kiara shares her experience in a prison when she tried to steal a bracelet.
At the panel, Laura gets the first call-out and she's quickly followed by Kristin and Kiara. Nastasia barely escapes the bottom two, leaving both Brittany and Victoria in the bottom two for not booking one of the designers and a bad photo from their potential. Victoria is saved and Brittany is eliminated, but after the elimination Tyra told Brittany that they will reveal the girl that will come back to the competition but it was cut and continued next week.
- First call-out: Laura James
- Bottom two: Brittany Brown & Victoria Henley
- Eliminated: Brittany Brown
- Featured photographer: Mark "The Cobra Snake" Hunter
- Special guests: Markus Barrington, Lulu Guinness, Sarah Boyer, Charlotte Ronson, Whitney Port, Cecilia Cassini, P'Trique
The Girls Go to Jamaica
The episode began with the continuation of the last episode, where the eliminated girls were called back to announce that one of them would come back to the competition. Tyra then revealed that the remaining girls would go to Jamaica for the rest of the competition. The scores for the comeback series were revealed, and Leila was able to return to the competition.
- Returned: Leila Goldkuhl
When the girls arrived to Jamaica, they were greeted by some local male models, Kiara clicked with Cory and flirted with him. Then the girls had some lunch with Tyra where she taught the ladies the type of models they were, whether they were a smizer or a toocher. Then they met Jonti' and Konshens where they announced that their challenge was a dance competition with the moods of Jamaican music in terms of partners. Kiara and Nastasia received good feedback, Leila and Victoria did pretty well, while Kristin and Laura received the lowest scores, which angered Kristin.
For the photo shoot, the girls had to create a love triangle scene while rafting in a river. Laura, Leila, and Nastasia excelled, while Kristin struggled. Although she had an amazing story for the shoot, Victoria struggled to achieve the desired shot. Kiara was criticized for having been distracted by Cory's involvement in the shot.
At panel, Nastasia received first call-out for her beautiful photo, while Laura followed suit, Leila also received a mixed comments with Tyra saying that her picture was a bit catalog, Kristin was castigated for not trying to do her best. Ultimately, Kiara and Victoria landed in the bottom two for their flawed photos. With little over a point apart, Victoria, one of the most controversial models of the season, was eliminated from the competition.
- First call-out: Nastasia Scott
- Bottom two: Kiara Belen & Victoria Henley
- Eliminated: Victoria Henley
- Featured photographer: William Richards
- Special guests: Konshens, Jonte'
The Girl Who Becomes Art for Tyra
During their stay in Jamaica, the girls met Bob Marley’s daughter, Cedella Marley, who had designed a fashionable new line of bikinis. Their challenge was to model the bikinis while rising out of the ocean on a dolphin. During the challenge, one of the dolphins accidentally hit Leila's leg. Laura accidentally flashed her breasts in front of the other girls, Johnny and Cedella. Ultimately, Leila won her first challenge, leaving Kristin in disgust since she got the lowest score.
Later, the girls ventured to Jamaica’s famous Dunn's River Falls, where greeted by Tyra, who would be their photographer for the day. The models were transformed into warrior princesses, and they had to embody different themes of nature.
The girl who could strike the best pose under the cascading waterfall, would win the honor of having her photo grace the walls of Tyra’s home. Nastasia amazes Tyra by her creative poses, both Kiara and Leila were universally praised by Tyra for their amazing shots, while Kristin and Laura fell flat.
At panel, Leila receive high acclaim for her ultra stunning photograph and once again rewarded by three perfect scores by the judges. Kiara and Nastasia also received acclaim for their photographs and received near perfect scores as well. Both Laura and Kristin received mediocre feedback, disgusted the latter even more. Backstage, when they were waiting for the results, an angered and disgusted Kristin finally had enough and threw a tantrum to Kiara and Leila who were celebrating their high scores, especially for Kiara since it is the first time she had such score. Kiara thought it's perfectly fine to celebrate, but Kristin thought it was simply disrespectful, though the latter did disrespectfully cut off every time Leila wants to speak.
At last, Leila easily got the best photo and earned the best score ever in the competition at 46.4, breaking Laura's record in week four with the score of 46.2. Kiara then honored by Tyra when she revealed that her shot is going to grace the walls of Tyra's home. Nastasia then also called safe, leaving Laura and the even more disgusted Kristin in the bottom two. Laura easily escaped the elimination again, leaving a shocked but still disgusted Kristin kicked out of the competition. Kristin then talks about how she's happy that she's leaving the competition since she's so disgusted with everyone else in the house.
- First call-out: Leila Goldkuhl
- Bottom two: Kristin Kagay & Laura James
- Eliminated: Kristin Kagay
- Featured photographer: Tyra Banks
- Special guests: Cedella Marley, P'Trique
The Girl Who Freaks Out On Horseback
The girls are challenged to shoot a trial television commercial for the Jamaica Tourist Board, including writing their own script and starring in their own television spot while horseback riding in the ocean. The winner gets to come back to Jamaica to shoot an official television spot that would be broadcast worldwide. Kiara and Laura struggled to work with the horse but manage to pull it trough while Leila got frightened with the horse which make her struggle and Nastasia forgot all her lines which made her struggle as well, but it was Kiara who was chosen as the winner for having the highest score while Nastasia got the lowest, which made her worry.
Then the models change bikinis for the Dream Come True perfume photo shoot where they pose for the chance to appear in the official fragrance ad. At the photo shoot, Nastasia, Leila and Laura struggled while Kiara wowed the photographer.
At panel, Kiara wowed the judges and ultimately earned a best photo and followed by Leila, leaving Laura and Nastasia in the bottom two with Laura for having a weak photograph again and Nastasia for slipping fast in the competition, but in the end, Nastasia was eliminated after having 0.3 score lower than Laura.
- First call-out: Kiara Belen
- Bottom two: Laura James & Nastasia Scott
- Eliminated: Nastasia Scott
- Featured photographer: Jez Smith
- Special guests: Ben Bennett, Yendi Phillips, P'Trique
The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model
The episode begins with the final runway show segment, which takes place at the most famous – yet infamous – property in all of Jamaica, the mysteriously haunted Rose Hall Great House in Montego Bay. Before the show begins, Tyra leads over to flashback scenes of the final two photo shoots of the competition.
For the first photo shoot, Kelly Cutrone meets the models in the streets of Jamaica to mentor them through their official Nine West photo shoot, where she and photographer Jez Smith butt heads during one of the sessions. Then, the girls pose in Half Moon Bay for their Nylon magazine photo shoot, after which they are surprised with visits from their relatives.
The scenes cut back to the runway show, where the previously eliminated contestants return to join the finalists and their families for an unprecedented runway show that embraces all the beauty, culture, history and music of the island. During the show, Kiara and Laura deliver strong performances. Leila fails to impress, falling twice in front of the judges and the audience.
At panel, the final three girls are judged. Kiara's Nine West photo is criticized, but her runway walk receives praise. Laura is praised for her photograph, and receives good comments for her walk, while Leila is heavily criticized for her walk but receives the best feedback for her photo. Tyra announces that the judges will grade each models' overall body of work, adding the combined averages of their challenge scores and the combined average of their social media scores. After the final scores are added, the girls are called back. Tyra first announces that Leila is eliminated. Kiara soon follows, and Laura is revealed to be the nineteenth winner of America's Next Top Model.
- Final three: Kiara Belen, Laura James & Leila Goldkuhl
- Second runner-up: Leila Goldkuhl
- Runner-up: Kiara Belen
- America's Next Top Model: Laura James
- Featured photographer: Jez Smith, Jimmy Fontaine
- Special guests: Sophie Sumner, Lori Taylor, DJ Crazy Neil, J. Errico
The Girl With The Best Top Model Freakout
This episode recaps the previous episodes of the cycle, running through the challenges, photo shoots and dramatic moments along with never-before-seen footage. Previously unaired footage includes the continuation of Kiara and Darian's brawling moments, Kiara's confrontation of Laura about Leila being obsessed with her and the involvement of the other girls, Maria's decision to withdraw from the competition, Victoria and her awkward intimacy with men during their stay in Jamaica, Leila's freak out while horseback riding, the continuation of Jez Smith's and Kelly Cutrone's fighting moments during Laura's Nine West photo shoot session, and Tyra's re-enactment of her screaming match with Tiffany from cycle 4.
For this cycle, America's Next Top Model launched a web-series called The Comeback Series. After being eliminated, the girls continued to participate in the photo shoots under the premise that the audience would select one of them to return to the competition later. Leila returned to the competition in episode 9 for having accumulated the highest average fan score for her photographs.
|Nº||Model||Public vote average|
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 1, the pool of 30 semi-finalists was reduced to the final 13. The contestants were not called in order of merit. Furthermore, the call-out order was changed by editing: Victoria was actually called eleventh, followed by Brittany and Yvonne.
- In episode 3, Maria quit the competition during the photo shoot.
- At the end of episode 8, the eliminated girls (Allyssa, Darian, Destiny, Jessie, Leila & Yvonne) were brought back into the elimination room after Brittany's elimination, then at the beginning of episode 9, Leila returned to the competition as a result of having received the highest average social media score.
- Indicates the contestant won the competition.
- The contestant received the highest score of the week
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant quit the competition
- There was no challenge in episode 3, so the maximum possible score that week was 40.0, instead of the usual 50.0. As a result of this, to calculate each girl's total score and average, the scores for episode 3 have been multiplied by 1.25.
- Yvonne and Darian's scores are the same, due to rounding. Yvonne's unrounded score is 20.81 and Darian's is 20.78.
- Leila returned to the competition in episode 9.
- Maria quit the competition during episode 3's photo shoot.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Posing in bikinis (casting)
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Taxidermy mounted head beauty shots
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Black and white nude in a garden with Rob Evans
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Apocalyptic zombies
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Cheerleaders in the air
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Steampunk fashion with an owl on a train
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Gross and sticky situations in a motel
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Prison mugshots
- Episode 9 photo shoot: River raft love triangle
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Waterfall warriors
- Episode 11 photo shoot: Dream Come True fragrance in a beach
- Episode 12 photo shoots: Nine West advertisements; Nylon Magazine spreads
- Alyssa - Dyed darker
- Brittany - Cut shorter and dyed dark blonde
- Darian - Long layered bob
- Destiny - Long pieces in front and shaved in back with caramel highlights
- Kiara - Dark weave with fixed eyebrows
- Kristin - Bangs with shoulder length hair
- Laura - Dyed ice blonde and bleached eyebrows
- Leila - Dyed blonde and brown
- Maria - Refused makeover
- Nastasia - Dyed lighter
- Victoria - Refused makeover
- Yvonne - Extensions added
No episode aired on October 12 due to the network's re-airing of the pilot episode of Arrow.
|Episode||Air Date||18-49 (Rating/Share)||Viewers (m)|
|229||1||"The Girl Who Makes The Grade"||August 24, 2012||0.4/2||1.09|
|230||2||"The Girl Who Cries Home"||August 31, 2012||0.4/2||1.07|
|231||3||"The Girl Who Wants Out"||September 7, 2012||0.6/2||1.49|
|232||4||"The Girl Who Does What Tyler Perry Says"||September 14, 2012||0.6/2||1.41|
|233||5||"The Girl Who Sings For Alicia Keys"||September 21, 2012||0.5/2||1.32|
|234||6||"The Girl Who Gets Pwn'd"||September 28, 2012||0.5/2||0.96|
|235||7||"The Girl Who Licks the Floor"||October 5, 2012||0.5/2||1.11|
|236||8||"The Girl Who Comes Back"||October 19, 2012||0.6/2||1.47|
|237||9||"The Girls Go To Jamaica"||October 26, 2012||0.4/1||1.14|
|238||10||"The Girl Who Becomes Art For Tyra"||November 2, 2012||0.4/1||1.26|
|239||11||"The Girl Who Freaks Out On Horseback"||November 9, 2012||0.6/2||1.41|
|240||12||"The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model"||November 16, 2012||0.6/2||1.36|
|241||13||"The Girl With The Best Top Model Freakout"||0.3/1||0.77|
Post-Top Model careers
- Kiara Belen has been signed with Slater Model Management in Los Angeles and took part in a photo shoot for designer Daniel Magana with Los Angeles–based fashion photographer Hasson Harris. In this same shoot, Kiara partnered with male model Tosh Yanez. Kiara teamed up again with Tosh Yanez and photographer Hasson Harris for a second shoot. She also appeared on the "Jaywalking All-Stars" segment on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno along with Allyssa Vuelma and Jessie Rabideau, had a spread for SheWolf Magazine and has walked for the 2013 L.A. Fashion Week.
- Brittany Brown has booked campaigns for Payless and ECCO. She has also walked for Phoenix Fashion Week and modeled for designer Masai Payan with fellow ANTM contestant Raina Hein. She also hosted an event for Green Street Reality Celebration Fashion Show and had a cover and spread for Java Magazine.
- Darian Ellis has modeled for JM Couture and has walked for NOLA Fashion Week. She also took part in a modeling seminar and hosted a model workshop.
- Leila Goldkuhl has been signed with NEXT Model Management in Los Angeles, Miami, Milan and New York. She is also signed with Chic Model Management in Sydney. She was chosen by designer Riccardo Tisci to walk in the Givenchy Spring 2016 collection as a worldwide exclusive, and appeared in Givenchy's spring/summer 2016 advertising campaign, which was shot by Mert and Marcus. and became the face of fall ready-to-wear campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana and Just Cavalli. In 2016, she appeared in editorials for German and Australian Vogue, W (magazine), Harper's Bazaar and CR Fashion Book. In addition, she has walked for Versace, Fendi, Giambattista Valli and Max Mara.
- Victoria Henley has been signed with Models International and Aston Models. She has walked in Miami Fashion Week. She has modeled for Studio EnVogue Photography and also did a cover for Costal Lifestyle Magazine. She also hosted a fashion show in Alabama and is currently pursuing an acting career.
- Laura James has been signed with New York Model Management, L.A. Models and Paragon Model Management. She also shot a campaign with Nine West and Smashbox Cosmetics as a part of her prize package. She also became the face of the America’s Next Top Model perfume "Dream Come True" and had a cover and a spread in Nylon magazine. On March 28, 2013, she shot a campaign with Guess along with world-renowned DJ Tiësto and another female model for WMag Event.
- Kristin Kagay has been signed with Manikin Model & Talent Agency in Jacksonville, The Lions Management in New York, P Models, LE Management in Denmark and MD Management in Germany under the name Gabrielle Kagay. She has done a cover for Surf Fanatics and modeled for 8103 Clothing.
- Yvonne Powless has gone back to University of Texas at Austin to finish her English and French courses.
- Jessie Rabideau has modeled for Lee Cypress Photography and Ingenue Collection. She appeared on the "Jaywalking All-Stars" segment on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno along with Allyssa Vuelma and Kiara Belen.
- Nastasia Scott has been signed with Wilhelmina Models in New York and has modeled for Remrod and Tuan Lee Photography, Hollywood Stylist and Nene L.A Shiro. She is a model in Project Runway: All Stars (season 4).
- Destiny Strudwick has done multiple print advertisements for a summer magazine and has also taken some test shots.
- Maria Tucker has been signed at Maggie Inc. in Boston since 2011. Through Maggie, she has worked for Puma, Reebok, Clark's, Life Is Good, Audi, and more. She received a master's in archaeology of religion from Harvard in the spring of 2012.
- Allyssa Vuelma has done a few test shots and is currently working as a freelance model. She appeared on the "Jaywalking All-Stars" segment on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno along with Jessie Rabideau and Kiara Belen.
- "America's Next Top Model Update: New Judges Revealed, Plus Viewers Will Now Help Pick the Winner". May 17, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "Tyra Banks Fires 'America's Next Top Model' Judges: 'The Show Needs A New Boost' (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. April 25, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "Meet America's Next Top Model's Sexy New Judge Rob Evans! – Exclusive". May 17, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "Who Is Johnny Wujek? 5 Things to Know About the New ANTM Face". May 17, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "You Can Now Vote For America's Next Top Model". May 17, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "About Cycle 18 Of America's Next Top Model". The CW. February 9, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "America’s Next Top Model: College Edition" returns Friday, August 24th with new partners, new talent and a new judge – the viewer | The CW Blog
- "America's Next Top Model Cast | Bios | Allyssa". 2012-08-13. Archived from the original on August 13, 2012. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "The Girl Who Makes the Grade". IMDb. August 24, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- Listings - AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com
- "The Girl Who Cries Home". IMDb. August 31, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'America's Next Top Model: 'The Girl Who Cries Home' recap". Digital Spy. September 1, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "America's Next Top Model Episode: "The Girl Who Cries Home"". TV Guide. August 2013. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Wants Out". IMDb. September 7, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'America's Next Top Model': 'The Girl Who Wants Out' recap". Digital Spy. September 9, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "America's Next Top Model:College Edition – The Girl Who Wants Out". CW Seattle. September 7, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "Exclusive: Darian Ellis talks about 'Top Model: College Edition' (Part 1)". Reality TV World. Retrieved 2016-05-02.
- "The Girl Who Does What Tyler Perry Says". IMDb. September 14, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'America's Next Top Model': Girl Who Does What Tyler Perry Says recap". Digital Spy. September 15, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "ANTM Cycle 19, Episode 4 Recap: Tyler Perry and The Smizing Dead". Wetpaint. September 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Sings for Alicia Keys". IMDb. September 21, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'The Girl Who Sings for Alicia Keys' recap". Digital Spy. September 24, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Gets Pwn'd". IMDb. September 28, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Gets Pwn'd". Tv.com. September 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Licks the Floor". IMDb. October 5, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'America's Next Top Model': 'The Girl Who Licks the Floor' recap". Digital Spy. October 6, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Licked the Floor". CW Atlanta. October 5, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Comes Back". IMDb. October 19, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Comes Back". Tv.com. October 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "America's Next Top Model Episode: "The Girl Who Comes Back"". TV Guide. October 19, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girls Go To Jamaica". IMDb. October 26, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girls Go to Jamaica". Tv.com. October 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'America's Next Top Model': 'The Girls Go to Jamaica' recap". Digital Spy. October 29, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Becomes Art for Tyra". IMDb. November 2, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Becomes Art for Tyra". Tv.com. November 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "America's Next Top Model Episode: "The Girl Who Becomes Art for Tyra"". TV Guide. November 2, 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "'America's Next Top Model': 'The Girl Who Becomes Art for Tyra' recap". Digital Spy. November 5, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Freaks Out on Horseback". IMDb. November 9, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Freaks Out on Horseback". Tv.com. November 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "America's Next Top Model: The Girl Who Freaks Out on Horseback - Recap". Digital Spy. November 12, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model". IMDb. November 16, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model". Tv.com. November 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl with the Best Top Model Freakout". IMDb. November 16, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl With The Best Top Model Freakout". Tv.com. November 16, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "The Girl with the Best Top Model Freakout". CW Atlanta. November 14, 2012. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- "ANTM, Cycle 19 (College Edition): COMEBACK MOMENT - YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved 2015-12-19.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 27, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Down + Final Preseason Football Numbers for CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (September 4, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments to 'America's Next Top Model'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 10, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (September 17, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up, 'America's Next Top Model' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 24, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Shark Tank', 'America's Next Top Model', '20/20' or 'Alma Awards'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 28, 2012). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Shark Tank' Dips, 'Grimm' Up a Tick, 'CSI:NY', 'Blue Bloods' & 'Fringe' Premieres Down + 'Made in Jersey' Premiere". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 6, 2012). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Shark Tank' Rises & Wins Night, 'Fringe', 'CSI:NY' & 'Blue Bloods' Down, 'Grimm' Steady', 'Made In Jersey' Falls". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Babel, Sara (October 20, 2012). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Shark Tank' Hits Series High, 'Nikita' Premieres Low, 'Grimm,' 'CSI: NY' & 'Blue Bloods' Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 27, 2012). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Kitchen Nightmares' Premieres WAY Down +'Grimm' & 'CSI:NY' Up, 'Nikita', 'Fringe' & 'Shark Tank' Slip + 'Mockingbird Lane' Special Ain't Too Shabby". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 5, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' and 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Fringe' and 'Nikita' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Undercover Boss' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (November 17, 2012). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Malibu Country' Fall, 'Grimm' & 'Undercover Boss' Down, 'Fringe' Flat". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- Harris, Hasson (2012-11-22). "The Bath Hass /: Janice Dickinson & Americas Next Top Model cycle 19 runner up Kiara Belen for Daniel Magana". THE BATH HASS /. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Harris, Hasson (2012-11-23). "The Bath Hass /: Wilhelmina supermodel Tosh Yanez & Americas Next Top Model cycle 19 runner up Kiara Belen". THE BATH HASS /. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Harris, Hasson (2012-11-27). "The Bath Hass /: Americas Next Top Model cycle 19 runner up Kiara Belen & Wilhelmina supermodel Tosh Yanez". THE BATH HASS /. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Kiara Belen on The 2013 L.A. Fashion Week
- Kiara Belen - SheWolf Magazine
- Brittany Brown & Raina Hein at Phoenix Fashion Week
- Brittany Brown - Java Magazine
- Top Model contestant Darian Ellis returns to NOLA Fashion Week
- Leila Goldkuhl - Next Model Management Los Angeles
- Leila Goldkuhl - Next Model Management Miami
- Leila Goldkuhl - Next Model Management Milan
- Leila Goldkuhl - Next Model Management New York
- Chic Model Management - Leila Goldkuhl
- "Givenchy S/S 2016 (Givenchy)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2016 by Franco Pagetti (Dolce & Gabbana)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Just Cavalli F/W 2016 (Just Cavalli)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "New Faces in Denim (Vogue Germany)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Neo Punk (Vogue Australia)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Cult Classics (W Magazine)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "All-Stars (CR Fashion Book)". Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Victoria Henley - MI-Agency". MI-Agency. Archived from the original on 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Aston Model I Victoria Henley". www.astonmodels.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Victoria Henley, a current emcee in Alabama Fashion Week
- Victoria Henley for Costal Lifestyle Magazine
- Victoria Henley for studio EnVogue Photography
- Laura James - L.A. Models
- "Laura James - Paragon". Paragon. Archived from the original on 2014-03-27. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Laura James in Nylon Magazine
- Laura James for GUESS & WMag Event
- "MD Management". MD Management. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Kristin Kagay - The Lions Management
- "Gabrielle Kagay - P Models". P Models. Archived from the original on 2013-10-13. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Gabrielle - Le Management". lemanagement.dk. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- Kristin Kagay - Manikin Model & Talent Agency
- Jessie Rabideau for Lee Cypress Photography
- Nastasia Scott for Nene L.A. Shiro