America's Army: True Soldiers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
North American cover
|Developer(s)||Red Storm Entertainment|
America’s Army: True Soldiers is a first-person shooter video game developed by Red Storm Entertainment and published by Ubisoft. It was released on November 15, 2007. It is a spin-off of the United States Army's computer game America's Army. Unlike the original America's Army, this game is not freeware.
According to a preview of the game by IGN, players get an accuracy and damage resistance increase for sticking together with the rest of their fire squad. Players can only talk to and hear players that are near them. Team leaders can talk to each other by radio and can also call in artillery strikes. There are 5 classes: Rifleman, Grenadier, Sniper, Automatic Rifleman, and Squad Leader. In multiplayer, players' characters appear as U.S. soldiers while the opponents appear as non-U.S. soldiers. When players are shot they are kept on the ground and cannot be shot again unless they are healed by a teammate, as the game's aim is to portray a real war, and therefore players must reside within the rules of engagement. Multiplayer features scenarios, including reaching extraction points, defending objectives, and eliminating the enemy's VIP and simultaneously protecting their own.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2010)
- Butts, Steve (September 18, 2007). "America's Army: True Soldiers Hands-On". IGN. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- "America's Army: True Soldiers for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic.
- McInnis, Shaun (December 14, 2007). "America's Army: True Soldiers Review". GameSpot. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- Lynch, Casey (November 28, 2007). "America's Army: True Soldiers review". GamesRadar. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- Ahearn, Nate (November 20, 2007). "America's Army: True Soldiers Review". IGN. Retrieved November 8, 2014.
- "America's Army: True Soldiers". Official Xbox Magazine: 78. December 25, 2007.
- Nardozzi, Dale (November 29, 2007). "America's Army: True Soldiers Review (Xbox 360)". TeamXbox. Archived from the original on November 1, 2012. Retrieved November 8, 2014.