This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Vantage Hospitality logo
|Fate||Acquired by Red Lion Hotels Corporation|
|Defunct||September 30, 2016|
|Headquarters||Coral Springs, Florida, United States|
Number of locations
|1000+ (United States and Canada)|
|Parent||Red Lion Hotels Corporation
Vantage Hospitality Group Inc. was the 12th largest hotel and hospitality company in the world. Its brands include Best Value Inn and Lexington by Vantage. On September 30, 2016 Vantage Hospitality Group became a wholly owned subsidiary of Red Lion Hotels Corporation in a cash plus stock acquisition worth up to $40 million.
America's Best Value Inn received a Hotel Vikas diamond award in 2010 in the Best Hotel Franchisor category. Hotel Vikas is a trade publication targeted to hotel CEOs.
In 2005, Vantage introduced the Lexington by Vantage brand.
In 2014, Vantage acquired America's Best Franchising and its brands: America's Best Inns & Suites, Country Hearth Inns & Suites, Jameson Inn, Signature Inn, and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts. As part of the acquisition, Vantage plans to restart the Signature Inn chain, which is inactive.
- America's Best Inns: A chain of economy hotels. Vantage plans to eliminate this brand, with most properties transitioning into America's Best Value Inns.
- America's Best Value Inns: Mid-economy hotels with over 1,000 locations nationwide.
- Country Hearth Inns & Suites: An upper-economy and lower midscale brand. Country Hearth Inns feature rooms, suites, and a complementary breakfast.
- Jameson Inn: A midscale chain operating primarily in the Southern United States.
- Lexington Hotels & Inns: A collection of mid-scale and upscale inns, suites, and resorts. Typical Lexington properties feature on-site dining, business centers, and fitness centers. Many Lexington properties are brand conversions, but the chain has begun building new properties.
- 3 Palms Hotels & Resorts: A small chain of hotels and resorts.
- Canada's Best Value Inns A chain of upper-economy and lower mid-scale properties located across Canada.
Brands under development
- Signature Inn: As of August 2015[update] Vantage plans to re-launch the inactive Signature brand as a budget chain, with newly constructed properties.
Vantage offers two loyalty programs for its guests.
Value Club Program
Guests at America's Best Value Inn and Canadas Best Value Inn properties are eligible to sign up for a Value Club Card, which entitles them to 15% off of Best Value Inn stays, plus additional discounts from partners.
America's Best Franchising
America's Best Franchising, based in Atlanta, Georgia, was an American lodging company. Its brands comprised America's Best Inn, Country Hearth Inns & Suites, Jameson Inn, 3 Palms Hotel, Parkside Hotels, and Budgetel. Of the brands, America's Best Inn was founded in Marion, Illinois, The Budgetel name is a revival of a brand which was renamed Baymont Inn & Suites. Country Hearth opened its first location in 1983 as Homeplace Inn in Angleton, Texas.
Budgetel Franchise System is an American-based hotel franchiser to United States and Canada. The current Budgetel was established in Atlanta, Georgia in 2007 by brothers Mike and R. C. Patel who bought the brand from Blackstone Group. In 2009, America's Best Franchising, Inc. began franchising the brand.
- "Americas Best Value Inns Press Room | Vantage Hospitality Only Hotel Company to be Included on Inc. Magazine List Two Years in a Row – Company reports three-year growth of 170% ". americasbestvalueinn.com. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Red Lion Hotels Corporation Enters Into Definitive Agreement to Acquire Substantially All of Vantage Hospitality Group". Red Lion Hotels Corporation. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Red Lion Hotels Closes Acquisition of Vantage Ahead of Schedule". Red Lion Hotels Corporation. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Acquisition of Vantage Hospitality Group" (PDF). Red Lion Hotels Corporation. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Treasure Hunt. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- McLain, Jim (2006-07-16). "Hotel chain gets noticed.(Company overview)". Ventura County Star.
- "Americas Best Value Inn - Learn about Americas Best Value Inns". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Hotel Vikas Diamond Award". Hotel Vikas. 2010-06-28. Retrieved 30 June 2010.
- "Vantage Hospitality Group, Inc. - Hotel Franchise Overview". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage Hospitality | Vantage Hospitality Group Agrees to Acquire America's Best Franchising's Hotel Brands". news.vantagehospitality.com. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "Vantage focuses on brand, member opportunities". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage works on brand integration". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage Hotels - Americas Best Value Inns". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Country Hearth Inns & Suites". Hospitality Net. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage Hotels - Country Hearth Inns & Suites". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage Hotels - Jameson Inns". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage Hotels - Lexington by Vantage". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Lexington Franchising, Inc. - The Lexington Brands". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "3 Palms". Hospitality Net. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Vantage Hotels - Canadas Best Value Inn". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "America's Best Inn in Burns, OR First to Convert to Americas Best Value Inn, as Vantage Hospitality Kicks Off Repositioning of Recently Acquired Brands". Hospitality Net. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Americas Best Value Inn - Value Club Program". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Lexington Hotels - Official Site - Lexington Rewards Program". Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "About Us". Americasbestinn.com. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- Jakle, John A.; Sculle, Keith A.; Rogers, Jefferson S. (1996). The Motel in America. Johns Hopkins University Press. pp. 215–216. ISBN 0-8018-5383-4.
- Historic Brazoria County: An Illustrated History - Margaret Swett Henson. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- Budgetel Franchise System, LLC
- Vantage Hospitality agrees to acquire America’s Best Franchising
- Budgetel brand back in business