America's Medicated Kids
|America's Medicated Kids|
|Written by||Louis Theroux|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||18 April 2010|
|Preceded by||The City Addicted to Crystal Meth|
|Followed by||Law and Disorder in Lagos|
America's Medicated Kids is a British documentary that was televised on 18 April 2010. The Louis Theroux documentary ran for 60 minutes. The documentary follows Theroux as he travels to one of America's leading children's psychiatric treatment centres, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and investigates the effects of putting children diagnosed with mental health disorders on prescription medication and the impact that medicating the child has on the family group.
America's Medicated Kids attracted an audience of 2.098 million viewers (8.1%) in the 9pm hour time slot.
- "Louis Theroux on America's Medicated Kids". Guardian. London. 2010-04-18. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- Bland, Archie (2010-04-19). "The Weekend's Television: The Prisoner, Sat, ITV1 Louis Theroux: America's Medicated Kids, Sun, BBC2". Independent. London. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "TV Preview: Louis Theroux - America's Medicated Kids". New Zealand Herald. 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- Theroux, Louis. "Putting children on prescription drugs is rife in the US". The Sun. London. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- Deans, Jason (2010-04-19). "Survival returns with 2.4m viewers". Guardian. London. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "On the box: Louis Theroux: America's Medicated Kids; Ross Kemp: Battle For The Amazon; Blitz Street". Scotsman. Edinburgh. 2010-04-25. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Bitter pills to swallow". Irish Times. 2010-04-04. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- Anthony, Andrew (2010-04-25). "A Passionate Woman; Louis Theroux: America's Medicated Kids; The Ricky Gervais Show". Guardian. London. Retrieved 2010-10-05.