America's Next Top Model (cycle 13)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|America's Next Top Model (cycle 13)|
Cycle 13 cast
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original network||The CW|
September 9– November 18, 2009
The thirteenth cycle of America's Next Top Model premiered on September 9, 2009 and was the seventh season to be aired on The CW network. The cycle's catch phrase is "'The Lineup Is 5' 7" And Under. Not The Usual Suspects. BOOK 'EM!", and the promotional song was "Good Girls Go Bad" by Cobra Starship featuring Leighton Meester. The ending/elimination song, entitled "Top Model", is sung by Marvin Fequiere, husband of Cycle 10 contestant Stacy-Ann.
The prizes for this cycle are:
- A modeling contract with Wilhelmina Models, replacing Elite Model Management
- A fashion spread and cover in Seventeen
- A US$100,000 contract with CoverGirl cosmetics
- 1 Season summary
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Episodes
- 3.1 How Short Can You Go
- 3.2 The Early Bird Gets A Makeover
- 3.3 Fortress of Fierceness
- 3.4 Make Me Tall
- 3.5 Take My Photo, Tyra!
- 3.6 Dance With Me
- 3.7 Petite Ninja Warriors
- 3.8 Interview 101
- 3.9 Let's Go Surfing
- 3.10 Dive Deeper
- 3.11 Hawaiian Hip Hop
- 3.12 America's Next Top Model Is...
- 3.13 Cycle 13: REVEALED
- 4 Summaries
- 5 Post-Top Model careers
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 External links
This cycle featured one major change to the judging panel: judge Paulina Porizkova left the show after the previous season, marking the first change to the judging panel since Cycle 10. With her departure, only three permanent judges remained, a first for the series.
This cycle also moved back to Los Angeles, after being filmed in New York City for cycle 12. The cast size was once again increased to 14 contestants. All of the contestants for this season were of height 5'7" or shorter.
(ages stated are at start of contest)
|Lisa Ramos||19||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)||Queens, New York||Episode 2||14|
|Rachel Echelberger||18||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)||Woodland, California||Episode 3||13|
|Courtney Davies||22||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)||Plantation, Florida||12|
|Lulu Braithwaite||19||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||Brooklyn, New York||Episode 4||11|
|Bianca Richardson||21||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||Columbia, South Carolina||Episode 5||10|
|Ashley Howard||22||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)||Chicago, Illinois||Episode 6||9|
|Kara Vincent||18||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||Fort Wayne, Indiana||Episode 7||8|
|Rae Weisz||21||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)||Rochester, Minnesota||Episode 8||7|
|Brittany Markert||21||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)||Livermore, California||Episode 9||6|
|Sundai Love||18||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)||Bakersfield, California||Episode 10||5|
|Jennifer An||23||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Episode 11||4–3|
|Erin Wagner||18||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)||Spring Grove, Illinois|
|Laura Kirkpatrick||19||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)||Stanford, Kentucky||Episode 12||2|
|Nicole Fox||18||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)||Louisville, Colorado||1|
How Short Can You Go
First aired September 9, 2009
- Special guest: Bradford Sisk
The Early Bird Gets A Makeover
First aired September 9, 2009
Fortress of Fierceness
First aired September 16, 2009
- Featured photographer: Firooz Zahedi
- Special guests: Sean Patterson, Lauren Conrad
Make Me Tall
First aired September 23, 2009
- Featured photographer: Jonathan Mannion
- Special guests: Diva Davanna, Kevan Hall, Yvonne Yue, Ann Shoket, Jaime Rishar
- Top Model in Action: McKey Sullivan (Cycle 11)
Take My Photo, Tyra!
First aired September 30, 2009
- Featured photographer: Tyra Banks
- Special guests: Crissy Barker, China Chow, Sam Fine, Juan Munoz Hortado, Gene Williamson
- Top Model in Action: Samantha Francis (Cycle 8)
Dance With Me
First aired October 7, 2009
- Featured photographer: Mike Rosenthal
- Special guests: Benny Ninja, Jabbawockeez, Josie Maran, Lil Mama, Rhonda Faber Green
- Top Model in Action: Lisa Jackson (Cycle 9)
Petite Ninja Warriors
First aired October 14, 2009
- Featured photographer: Patricia Von Ah
- Special guests: Neil Lane, Skyler Mattson, Rozae Nichols, Sean Patterson, Gerard Seifert, Lauren Shiohama, Jonathan Skow, Trina Turk, Jessica White, Tracy Wong, Deborah Chen
- Top Model in Action: Fo Porter (Cycle 12)
First aired October 21, 2009
- Featured commercial director: Nigel Barker
- Special guests: Teyona Anderson, Ant, Jessica Lowndes, Kim Kardashian, Ann Shoket, Lara Spencer
- Top Model in Action: Nicole Linkletter (Cycle 5)
Let's Go Surfing
First aired October 28, 2009
- Featured photographers: Erik Aeder (challenge), Tyra Banks (photoshoot)
- Special guests: Sofia Beschan, Buzzy Kerbox, Kirsty Hume
- Top Model in Action: Natalie Pack (cycle 12)
First aired November 4, 2009
- Featured photographers: Jono Knight (challenge), Russell James (photoshoot)
- Special guest: Marisa Miller
- Top Model in Action: Fatima Siad (Cycle 10)
Hawaiian Hip Hop
First aired November 11, 2009
- Featured photographer: Steve Shaw
- Special guests: Ann Shoket, Anna Rita Sloss
- Top Model in Action: Katarzyna Dolinska (Cycle 10)
America's Next Top Model Is...
First aired November 18, 2009
- Featured photographers: Nigel Barker, Gilles Bensimon
- Featured commercial director: Jonathan Mannion
- Special guests: Julia Clancey, Eddie Murphy, Bria Murphy, Teyona Anderson, Ann Shoket
- Top Model in Action: Teyona Anderson (cycle 12)
Cycle 13: REVEALED
First aired November 18, 2009
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was immune from elimination
- The contestant was eliminated outside of the judging panel
- The contestant quit the competition
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 1, the group of 20 semi-finalists was reduced to 14.
- At the start of episode 2, it was revealed that due to personal issues, Amber would not be continuing on in the competition. She was replaced by Lisa.
- In episode 3, Rachel was eliminated from the competition after performing the worst during a meeting with a Wilhelmina representative.
- In episode 5, Brittany won immunity from elimination for performing the best at the photo shoot. She also won an extra reward as a result.
- In episode 6, Brittany, Jennifer and Rae were called first together, as they had the best group shot.
- Episode 13 was the recap episode.
Photo shoot guide
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Runway shots/Polaroid shots (casting)
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Re-enacting baby photos
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Posing topless on a horse
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Elongating oneself
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Beauty shots with fabric
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Cirque du Soleil Mystère
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Ninja warriors
- Episode 8 commercial: CoverGirl exact eyelights collection
- Episode 9 photo shoot: Biracial Hapas
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Posing underwater
- Episode 11 photo shoot: Pele, Goddess of volcanoes
- Episode 12 photo shoots & Commercial: CoverGirl lashblast mascara & Seventeen Magazine cover
- Ashley – Centered in the middle and dark brown weave
- Bianca – Bleached eyebrows
- Brittany – Dyed dark brown
- Courtney – Dyed red and trimmed
- Erin – Dyed ice blonde with matching eyebrows
- Jennifer – Cut off dead ends and eyebrows shorter
- Kara – Brightened up and bigger
- Laura – Added different colors of highlights
- Lisa – Cut off a few inches of hair
- Lulu – Weave added with bangs
- Nicole – Super curly and dyed red
- Rachel – Dyed darker brown
- Rae – Dyed ice blonde with matching eyebrows
- Sundai – Rihanna styled haircut
- Jay Manuel – photo shoot director
Post-Top Model careers
- Jennifer An has modeled for Knitscene Magazine and taken a few test shots. She was also a model for a skit on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- Lulu Braithwaite has modeled for D.A.M. Magazine, Issue 12.
- Courtney Davies is signed with Wilhelmina Models in Miami and LA. She has appeared in Glamour, Atlantic Ave Magazine, Short Hair Guide, Fashion Market Magazine, and Venue Magazine. She also appeared in the ABC family TV series Pretty Little Liars as Quinn in a recurring role for 2 episodes in 2011.
- Rachel Echelberger has been signed with BMG Models in New York.
- Nicole Fox is currently signed with Wilhelmina Models. She received a six-page spread in Seventeen Magazine, and an ad for Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara. She has also modeled for Illiterate Magazine, in which she had a spread, and been featured on AOL.com, More magazine and in OK! Magazine. She was featured in Wild Fox Couture's 2010 fall collection lookbook along with models Rachel Ballinger and Daria Plyushko.
- Ashley Howard has done some modelling work but since then has gone back to her job as a dance teacher.
- Laura Kirkpatrick has been signed to Wünder Model Management and AB/FAB Management. She has received several representation offers from modeling agencies, including Tyra Banks' Bankable Productions. She has also taken part for some charity print work for 2010 Haiti earthquake relief. In 2011, she participated in America's Next Top Model, Cycle 17 with several returning models.
- Sundai Love is taking a few more shots, as she did some modeling work previously. She's also been on the cover of Bella Petite Magazine. She can be seen in the music video "Dirty Picture" by Taio Cruz.
- Brittany Markert is signed with Passport Model Management in San Francisco, Paragon Model Management in Mexico and has modeled for an editorial in Harper's Bazaar.
- Lisa Ramos is signed with Basic Model Management in New York and Elite Model Management in Miami, has done some test shots and print work for a summer magazine. She's also been in Seventeen Magazine and modeled for Ideeli.com, Anjel's Hair Salon, Capture and Create Magazine, Peony Red, Me & Thee, Spring/Summer 2010, W25 Magazine (June 2010) and Supermodels Unlimited.
- Bianca Richardson is signed with Wilhelmina Models and Pink Models. She has modeled for Mallard Magazine and Betsey Johnson.
- Kara Vincent has taken a few test shots and has been signed to Paragon Model Management in Mexico City.
- Erin Wagner has been signed with Wilhelmina Models and Paragon Models and has done some test shots. She can be seen in an ad for Editor's Closet for sunglasses, as well.
- Rae Weisz has modeled for Rochester Magazine in 2009.
- "America's Next Top Model – Cycle 13 – Cast". August 16, 2009. Archived from the original on August 16, 2009. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- Rachel Echelberger – BMG Models
- "Teen Fashion 2016 – Latest Fashion Trends & Clothing for Teens".
- "America's Next Top Model Winner Nicole Fox Covers Seventeen – Celeb Dirty Laundry".
- "Wildfox Couture Fall 2010 – Sidewalk Hustle".
- "Wildfox Couture Fall 2010: It's Witchcraft!". November 21, 2010.
- Laura Kirkpatrick – Wunder Management
- Laura Kirkpatrick AB/FAB Management
- Ward, Kate (May 12, 2011). "'Top Model All-Stars' cast reported: Lisa D'Amato, Isis King in; Jade out". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on June 24, 2011. Retrieved May 15, 2011.
- "NEW! MTV SHOW "MADE" Coach Sundai Love [ANTM] – Bella Petite".
- "Sundai Love Biography".
- "Sundai Love in Taio Cruz's "Dirty Picture" Music Video (June 2010)". October 3, 2010.
- "Brittany Markert – Page 2 – the Fashion Spot".
- "Elite Model Management – Portfolio". Elitemodel.com. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Brittany Markert & Bianca Richardson". November 4, 2009.
- "K A R A – Paragon". Paragonmodelmanagement.com. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "E R I N – Paragon". Paragonmodelmanagement.com. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Rochester Magazine (RochesterMagazine.com)".