American Advertising Federation
The American Advertising Federation (AAF), headquartered in Washington, D.C., is the oldest national advertising trade association in the United States. The AAF also has 15 district operations, each located in and representing a different region of the nation. The AAF's members are nearly 100 corporate members which are advertisers, advertising agencies, and media companies; a national network of nearly 200 local federations, representing 40,000 advertising professionals, located across the country; and more than 200 AAF college chapters, with over 6,500 student members. The AAF operates programs and initiatives including the Advertising Hall of Fame, the ADDY Awards,  the National Student Advertising Competition, the Mosaic Center on Multiculturalism, and summer Ad Camps for high school students in Chicago and Washington.
ADDY American Advertising Awards
|The American Advertising Awards|
|Presented by||American Advertising Federation|
Formerly called the ADDY awards, the American Advertising Awards, are one of the US advertising industry's largest competitions and is unique in its three-tier structure. The competition attracts more than 35,000 professional and student entries each year through local American Advertising Federation Club (Ad Club) competitions. The mission of the American Advertising Awards competition is to recognize and reward the nation's finest creative advertising.
Entrants begin at the local level through more than 140 local AAF affiliate chapters in competitions usually held in January and February. Local ADDY Award winners are then eligible to advance to one of 15 regional AAF District competitions. Winners at the District level are then entered in the National competition, and National ADDY Award winners are recognized at ADMERICA, the AAF's national conference held each June.
The AAF and its local and district affiliates use the proceeds to enhance advertising through programs such as public service, internships, advocacy groups, advertising education, and consumer awareness.
A Gold ADDY Award is recognition of the highest level of creative excellence in that tier of competition. Entries that are also considered outstanding and worthy of recognition receive a Silver ADDY Award.
- American Advertising Federation Hall of Fame
- National Student Advertising Competition
- Ad 2
- List of advertising awards
- Stuart Elliott (November 13, 1998). "Letters fly fast and furious as the 2 associations representing agencies and advertisers square off". The New York Times.
the American Advertising Federation, which includes advertisers, agencies and media companies as members
- "Who We Are: The Unifying Voice for Advertising". American Advertising Federation. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- Philip H. Dougherty (May 28, 1981). "The New Chairman For A.A.F." The New York Times.
- Raymond Hernandez; Stuart Elliott (June 14, 2004). "Groups Recognize Agencies' Creativity". The New York Times.
- Stuart Elliot (July 17, 2001). "Ad Federation Plans Multiculturalism Center". The New York Times.
- Stuart Elliott (May 28, 1996). "Advertising Federation Attemps [sic] to Raise Its Profile". The New York Times.
- Nat Ives (March 24, 2003). "Lowe & Partners Receives 35 Addys". The New York Times.
- "American Advertising Awards: The Details". Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "American Advertising Awards". American Advertising Federation. Retrieved 2018-03-01.