American Advisors Group
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Irvine, California, USA (2004)|
|Headquarters||3800 W. Chapman Avenue
Orange, California 92868
|Key people||Reza Jahangiri, CEO/Founder|
American Advisors Group (AAG) is the top lender in the American reverse mortgage industry, licensed to operate in 49 states. The company provides government-insured Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) loans and has 81 geographical areas approved for business by HUD. In addition to its headquarters in Orange, California, the company has offices in Austin, Texas; Kennesaw, Georgia; and Melville, New York; as well as a national field sales force. The company employs more than 1,100 people, and has been named a Top Workplace by the Orange County Register every year since 2013.
In June 2009 the company received a capital-infusion commitment from private-equity firm JAM Equity Partners of El Segundo, California, an investment said to give AAG "the resources needed to compete on a national level with a celebrity spokesperson and [to] build a recognizable brand." At the same time, the company announced it had brought in a new management team composed of industry veterans.
AAG completed its first Home Mortgage-Backed Security (HMBS) issuance in July 2013, after receiving approval from Ginnie Mae, in a program said to be "an essential financial solution for a growing number of senior citizens". The company was named as the leading HMBS issuer for the first half of 2015, according to NewView Advisors, LLC.
In October 2009, AAG announced that film and television actor Peter Graves had been selected as the spokesperson for the second half of the company's national media campaign, which in its first phase had featured "personalized stories" of the way that reverse mortgages hads affected homeowners. He remained spokesman until his death in March 2010.
Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson of Tennessee became the AAG spokesman in May 2010 until his death on November 1st, 2015. Thompson was an attorney, actor, author and commentator who was active in politics and hosted a nationally syndicated radio show.
AAG's current spokesman is actor Tom Selleck.
- "NMLS Consumer Access". Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Billingsley, Eric. "Reverse Mortgage Lending Sees Consolidation, Stimulus Boost". Orange County Business Journal. Orange County Business Journal. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. "Lender: AMERICAN ADVISORS GROUP". Lender AAFB Data. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Orange County Register Top Workplaces 2016 - American Advisors Group". TopWorkplaces. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- Makkar, Aman (September 2011). "We Are CIS". The Reverse Review: 20–25. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban. "Lender List Search Results". www.hud.gov. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- Yedinak, John. "Exclusive: Interview With CEO of AAG". Reverse Mortgage Daily. Reverse Mortgage Daily. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Yedinak, John. "Reverse Mortgage Lender Raises $4 Million, Gears Up For Expansion". Reverse Mortgage Daily. Reverse Mortgage Daily. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Elizabeth Ecker, "Despite Market Changes, AAG Looks to Set New Reverse Mortgage Records," Reverse Mortgage Daily, August 5, 2013
- "Home Equity Conversion Mortgage-Backed Security (HMBS) Program," GinnieMae, January 18, 2013
- Collins, Jeff. "Lender sees rapid growth". Orange County Register. Orange County Register. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Better Business Bureau®. "American Advisors Group". BBB Business Review. The Better Business Bureau of the Southland, Inc. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Jeff Collins, "American Advisers Group Sees Rapid Growth," Orange County Register, December 5, 2013, page 1
- Yedinak, John. "AAG Launches Wholesale Reverse Mortgage Division, Hires Chargin as AE". Reverse Mortgage Daily. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- Elizabeth Ecker, "AAG Hires Kim Smith to Oversee Reverse Mortgage Wholesale Channel," Reverse Mortgage Daily, January 6, 2013
- Yedinak, John. "Reverse Mortgage Lender Rolls Out Celebrity Media Campaign". Reverse Mortgage Daily. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Yedinak, John. "AAG Announces Fred Thompson as Reverse Mortgage Spokesman". Reverse Mortgage Daily. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Sullivan, Bob. "From presidential candidate to paid mouthpiece, politicians cashing in". The RedTape Chronicles. NBC News. Retrieved 29 May 2013.