American Association for Clinical Chemistry
AACC (formerly known as the American Association for Clinical Chemistry) is a global scientific society dedicated to clinical laboratory science and its application to healthcare. Current President is Michael Bennett, PhD, and the association headquarters are located in Washington, D.C. (United States)
AACC’s approximately 8,000 members come from all areas of lab medicine—clinical and research laboratories, diagnostic companies, government agencies, original equipment manufacturers, and more. Collectively they develop and run lab tests and lab instruments used throughout healthcare. They also manage labs, conduct research involving biomarkers, and promote accurate diagnostic testing. AACC represents the diverse interests of a global lab community: its members come from 110 countries and hold the spectrum of lab-related professional degrees, certifications, and credentials. 
Annual Scientific Meeting
AACC sponsors dozens of scientific conferences each year, the largest and most prestigious of which is the Annual Scientific Meeting and Clinical Lab Expo. First held in 1949, this educational meeting and technology exposition is a leading event in the clinical laboratory profession, attracting nearly 20,000 participants.
AACC's journal, Clinical Chemistry,is the leading international journal of clinical laboratory science, providing 2,000 pages per year of peer-reviewed papers that advance the science of the field. In addition to being the most cited journal in the field, Clinical Chemistry has an Impact factor of 7.77, the highest among journals of clinical chemistry, clinical (or anatomic) pathology, analytical chemistry, and the subspecialties, such as transfusion medicine and clinical microbiology.
Clinical Laboratory News
Published since 1975, AACC's monthly magazine, Clinical Laboratory News, is the authoritative source for timely analysis of issues and trends affecting clinical laboratories, clinical laboratorians and the practice of clinical laboratory science.
Lab Tests Online
Lab Tests Online is a peer-reviewed, patient-centered web resource focused on clinical laboratory testing. It is a resource to help patients and their caregivers better understand the many clinical lab tests that are part of routine medical care as well as the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of conditions and diseases.
At AACC’s 2016 Annual Meeting, Elizabeth Holmes, CEO and founder of Theranos, spoke at what AACC described as a “special session.” Holmes, who the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) had recently banned from owning, operating or directing a blood testing service for a period of two years, was invited to present scientific data on her company’s much discussed Edison device. Instead, Holmes took the opportunity to unveil a new product dubbed miniLab. Many former AACC officials and board members have been criticized for close personal and financial relationships with Theranos.
- "American Association for Clinical Chemistry". aacc.org. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- "American Association for Clinical Chemistry". glassdoor.com. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Lab Stakeholders Urge CMS Oversight of NGS Tests as FDA Ponders New Reg Scheme". April 6, 2015.
- "AACC expresses concerns to FDA regarding overregulation of next-generation sequencing tests". March 20, 2015.
- "AACC Annual Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo Named the Fastest Growing Trade Show by Trade Show News Network". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- Linzer, George (July 5, 2011). "Lab Tests Online at 10 Years: 100 Million Served". Clinical Lab Products. Clinical Lab Products. Clinical Lab Products. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- Kulkarni, Shweta (13 July 2012). "LAB TESTS ONLINE HONOURED WITH 2012 COMMUNICATOR AWARD". MEDTECH EUROPE. MEDTECH EUROPE. MEDTECH EUROPE. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- “Theranos Science and Technology: The Miniaturization of Lab Testing” ‘’AACC,org’’, 1 August 2016, Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Christensen, Jen (3 August 2016). "Skeptical reaction at Theranos' coming out party". CNN. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Carreyrou, John (18 May 2016). "Theranos Voids Two Years of Edison Blood-Test Results". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 31 August 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- George, John (2 August 2016). "Theranos CEO unveils 'miniLab' at Philadelphia conference". Philadelphia Business Journal. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Kolhatkar, Sheelah (2 August 2016). "The Founder of Theranos Tries to Change the Subject". The New Yorker. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Carreyrou, John (1 August 2016). "Theranos Makes Case to Laboratory Experts". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 31 August 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- Friedman, Bruce (10 August 2016). "Janet Kreizman, CEO of AACC, Responds to Previous Blog Notes about Theranos". Lab Soft News. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Parloff, Roger (7 April 2016). "Theranos Adds Startlingly Well-Qualified Medical Board". Fortune. Retrieved 31 August 2016.