American Association of Orthodontists
The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) is the American professional association for orthodontists. Approximately 13,500 American orthodontists, about 95 percent, are members. All orthodontists are dentists and may simultaneously hold membership in the American Dental Association. Its headquarters are in Creve Coeur, Missouri, near St. Louis.
Orthodontists are dental specialists in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of orthodontic problems who have completed two to four years of advanced training in an accredited orthodontic residency program. Only those dentists who have completed this training may call themselves "orthodontists," and only orthodontists may be members of the American Association of Orthodontists.
AAO is affiliated with the Canadian Association of Orthodontists.
- "Dental Organizations in the U.S". Azalea Dental. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Contact Us." American Association of Orthodontists. Retrieved on December 23, 2011. "401 North Lindbergh Boulevard St. Louis, MO 63141-7816"
- "Creve Coeur city, Missouri." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 21, 2009.
- "Early Orthodontic Treatment for Children". Smile Design Studio. Retrieved 6 July 2014.
- "New Officers Elected, New Trustee Installed At American Association Of Orthodontists". http://www.dentistrytoday.com. May 16, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
- "Orthodontists to install first female president". http://www.asdablog.com. March 1, 2013. Retrieved June 28, 2013.
|This article about a United States health organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|